Hey, did anyone notice the new cache type?

LaPaglia

quote:
Originally posted by MountainMudbug:

quote:
Originally posted by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders):

We think it should be O.K. to trade as long as you don't get the animal from http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid={A685DFCB-46FA-46A4-A0CA-BB7C35867BF7}! icon_eek.gif

Just us old farts...

LMAO! We were just talking about this subject (not the specific cache) at home!

By the way, Did you notice our Hamster was rescued & is now on it's way to Hawaii?? We had been a bit concerned about leaving him but someone had been there & left some air into the can for him--Great people we cachers!

It's hard to remember that your primary objective is to drain the swamp, when you're up to your a$$ in alligators.

Well I hope that TPTB sue the folks at Comcast

and or michael lapaglia.

If you can get sued for telling someone a feature of the computer operating system they own ( as is happening today to a Princeton student.) Then I'd think you'd want to protect your Intellectual Property and defend it vigourusly.

Otherwise, Comcast might end up owning the name and term related to GeoCaching - and we'd all have to pay them to use it.

just my 2c.

quote:
Originally posted by YankeeRage:

Well I hope that TPTB sue the folks at Comcast

and or michael lapaglia.

If you can get sued for telling someone a feature of the computer operating system they own ( as is happening today to a Princeton student.) Then I'd think you'd want to protect your Intellectual Property and defend it vigourusly.

Otherwise, Comcast might end up owning the name and term related to GeoCaching - and we'd all have to pay them to use it.

just my 2c.

Easy there big fella, The Frog saw the page and was ok with it. Let go of a little of that yankee rage and have a laugh. This has been an on going joke on this site for over a year. Thanks for the warning but its ok. Besides Comcast cant own something that is already owned by someone else.

CO Admin

I work for the QOFE that works for the Frog

tongue.gif The Frog is my friend big_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MountainMudbug:

If I'm out hunting one of these new caches and don't bring my own trade animal, is it kosher to pick up any old kritter I happen find along the way and stuff it in as a trade?

Latest cache log from evilrooster:

Went caching...page showed cache was the new "critter" type. I was sure I was approaching the right spot when someone grabbed me by the back of the neck.

Then I heard a voice. "This'll do...let's see, time to sign the log. Took hamster, left chicken. I'm probably trading up, here."

I'm logging this with my webphone. Someone get me out of here!

evilrooster

http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

I notice that the Duck in Co Admin aviatar is gone, must of been used in a Peking Duck Recipe in a Cache.

Hey Admin go to the musuem and see what the original Corps of Discovery enjoyed for food,

they prefered canine meat over Salmon.

8807_600.jpg

Tahosa - Dweller of Mountain Tops.

[This message was edited by Tahosa and Sons on October 10, 2003 at 09:31 PM.]

How about a Hava-Heart cashe...bait it with peanut butter. See what you catch and record it in the log book. The finder lets the little critter loose, and rebaits the trap for the next casher. Only place these caches in high traffic areas. These caches should be limited to mice while others may be large enough to allow a grizzly to be caught. Cashe on dudes! icon_cool.gif