(Valentines day question) So how many people . . .

TJ-Tigger

. . . hid their SOs (Significant Other) valentine present in a cahce out in the wilderness and gave them only a card with the coords to retrieve it? Just curious. Thought about doing this for my wife, but thought she would kill me. She is not into GCing like some of us. I would have lent her my GPS and the boys would have been more than happy to help.

My wife isn't in to caching the way I am icon_frown.gif, but, she certainly seems to know how to do it. She hid my gift in a neighbors yard and made me go find it! She even got the coords right icon_eek.gif. Was great fun. I think that for my daughters birthday, we are gonna set up a mini multicache for her presents! Whadda ya think? icon_biggrin.gif

I can go anywhere!! ... (if my wife lets me)

Ive been thinking of clever/romantic/memorable ways to pop the question and propose to my girlfriend, and I came up with this as an option...

She is not as into caching as I have become recently, and doesnt check this site. I thought I would place a cache, that is not posted on the site of course icon_wink.gif, print up a mock webpage with the coordinates and a cache name with a hint in the title. Head off just before sunset as if its any other day to a spot I have in mind overlooking a nice bay. Find the cache after doing a little unsuspecting hunting, let her open it, to find some items like a rose, a picture of us shortly after we first started dating, and the ring(which Im a little nervous about leaving, so I may just keep that on me icon_wink.gif ), and maybe a few other items. Once she probably realizes whats going on, I'd pop the question.

Once she says yes icon_redface.gif I planned on making this a public cache in memory of our wonderful day.

My time, your time is limited, but time itself is unlimited.

quote:
Originally posted by Choachy:

Ive been thinking of clever/romantic/memorable ways to pop the question and propose to my girlfriend, and I came up with this as an option...

She is not as into caching as I have become recently, and doesnt check this site. I thought I would place a cache, that is not posted on the site of course icon_wink.gif, print up a mock webpage with the coordinates and a cache name with a hint in the title. Head off just before sunset as if its any other day to a spot I have in mind overlooking a nice bay. Find the cache after doing a little unsuspecting hunting, let her open it, to find some items like a rose, a picture of us shortly after we first started dating, and the ring(which Im a little nervous about leaving, so I may just keep that on me icon_wink.gif ), and maybe a few other items. Once she probably realizes whats going on, I'd pop the question.

Once she says yes icon_redface.gif I planned on making this a public cache in memory of our wonderful day.

If a geomuggle happens to find the cache first, would you marry them instead? icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

My son and I hid a multi for my wife and daughter. I think we had more fun than they did. Since we knew the direction they would head we had false trails (fresh snow) going all over! We had a blast watching them look for it. I suspect that I am now going to have a difficult time finding my birthday gift!

quote:
Originally posted by Choachy:

There is a reason why my cache would not be public, posted anywhere, or that i even tell a soul until my goal has been completed. icon_wink.gif

_My time, your time is limited, but time itself is unlimited._

Don't tell a soul! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

Yep, just hid my 12 year old daughters birthday present. Plan to give her a card with the just the coordinates. And since she is better at finding these things than me I hid it really good. Pure white box out in the snow. The cache is in the woods behind Grandmas house where we will be for her birthday party. I'm sure she will love it.

If I'm not crazy, am I sane?