carry on vs checking in?

Shadow's

Woof and I just returned home yesterday from Las Vegas back to Artesia, NM. Carried the GPS in a carry on both ways and had no problems whatsoever...however that being said...Anything of value should be carried on the plane with you as some airports (el paso is one) will cut the locks off you luggage to search even after xray. I had a small scissors and some sewing needles in my large suitcase..thats all the metal there was....just clothes...lock got cut anyway.

I am an airline employee and I say carry on.

No need to risk losing your bags and your expensive GPS along with it.

In this day of airline cutbacks, many are going to contract work for ground handling. This means that your bags are being loaded by some guy making 7 bucks and hour and does not really care where it goes or how much damage it takes to get there. Most luggage that is lost or stolen happens in the hands of contract workers.

If you are going to hubs with actual airline employees, then you are in good hands. If you are going to a station with contract workers, may God be with you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

Continental Airlines had no problem with me bringing any "forbidden to use" electronics on board as carry on. I just had to keep them turned off during the flight, including the GPS unit.

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.