Magellan Jokes

brdad

Some of the best jokes in the world come from hard times and other disasters and mistakes. In lieu of the recent Magellan mistake, as well as the previous ones, I thought we could come up with some good ones. I'll Start with:

Q: How many Magellan employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: One, and 200 geocachers to show them where the light bulb really is.

There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and I think all those people are worthless dirtballs.

Q:What's the difference between a Magellan employee and a monkey?

A:The monkey is smarter

Q:Why do Magellan employees make bad proctologists?

A:Because they don't know their a$$ from their elbow.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

Man! You Leprechauns sure spent an awful lot of time and NEGATIVE energy on that little project, didn't ya??!! Not to mention a whole lotta SPITE, VENOM, & HATE!!!!

Verrrry impressive!!

I've had just about all the "Harry Highschool" mentality that I can stomach, so it's time to change the channel! click

Dogs Have Owners....Cats Have Staff!!

This will be a good thread to point to next time we ask Magellan to help sponser one of our events, which I must say they have come threw in the past.

Oh, Sorry to be OT, that wasn't funny at all was it? I'll work on that. icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by The Pet Posse:

Man! You Leprechauns sure spent an awful lot of time and NEGATIVE energy on that little project, didn't ya??!! Not to mention a whole lotta SPITE, VENOM, & HATE!!!!

Verrrry impressive!!

I've had just about all the "Harry Highschool" mentality that I can stomach, so it's time to change the channel! click

Dogs Have Owners....Cats Have Staff!!

You must own a Magellan. Have you read the fiasco page? Well since Magellan deleted all the logs you'd never know it was a fiasco. So I'd venture to say you haven't. Lep actually made a good day of that mess.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

Thanks to those who got my joke.

Pet Posse - I regard my response to Saturday's fiasco as very positive. I took a bad situation and brought some good out of it:

1. I helped get people off the private property to regroup at a nearby Kinko's which had internet access so we could report the problem.

2. I spent the day in the park with geocaching friends, had as much fun as if it were an event cache. I didn't much care about the prizes part, I just wanted to be first to find the cache. In fact, I had agreed that if I was first to find, I would hand over the prize to my buddy who needs a new GPS or a vacation way more than I do. He was miles away, watching the computer for updates.

3. Many newbies attempted the hunt because they read about it in the newspaper. As both my car and my hat identified me as a geocacher, I was approached by MANY people asking for help. I converted four couples to become geocachers. I explained to them that what Magellan did was NOT geocaching. Geocaching is not a competition. AND you can actually find the caches. I enjoyed helping these folks learn how to use their GPS receivers. Two of the groups did not know how to set a waypoint, and were wandering around the park aimlessly.

4. Rather than wander around the park aimlessly, when I returned on Sunday I brought a cache with me to place. If I do say so myself, it's one of my better caches. A hike of more than a mile through some rough hills, scrub meadows, pine and hardwood forests and a ravine with a creek flowing through it. The final cache is near a nice waterfall that I discovered. This cache will be around forever for people to enjoy in the traditional spirit of geocaching.

Oh, and one more thing... MAGELLAN SUCKS!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

After reading these posts, I guess there will be fewer people looking for the rest of the Magellan caches. They'll all be out looking for the Garmin caches.

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

This will be a good thread to point to next time we ask Magellan to help sponser one of our events, which I must say they have come threw in the past.

Also give up on Garmin. Once Thales says bye bye, Garmin will think they own the market and will stop advertising to us. Got to say that my magellans have been OK and seem to be as accurate as the garmins that some of the fellow cachers are using.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nebraskache/

A magellan employee and his wife were driving their Recreational Vehicle across the country and were nearing a town spelled Kissimee. They noted the strange spelling and tried to figure how to pronounce it - KISS-a-me; kis-A-me; kis-a-ME. They grew more perplexed as they drove into the town.

Since they were hungry, they pulled into a place to get something to eat. At the counter, the man said to the waitress:

"My wife and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that I can understand."

The waitress looked at him and said: "Buuurrrgerrr Kiiiinnnng."

[This message was edited by O'Clan on August 04, 2003 at 01:50 PM.]

A hindu priest, rabbi and a magellan employee were driving down the road, when the car breaks down. Fortunately finding a farmhouse nearby, the farmer informed them that he had only one spare room, and that it had only two twin beds.

They were welcome to it, but one of them had to sleep in the barn. After much discussion, the hindu volunteered to go to the barn. A few moments later, a knock on the bedroom door, and the hindu explained that there was a cow in the barn, and cows are sacred and he could not possibly sleep in the barn with a cow.

Annoyed, the rabbi volunteered. A few moments later, a knock on the door. The rabbi explained that there was a pig in the barn and that he, being very orthodox, could not possibly spend the evening in the barn with the origin of pork.

Finally the magellan user said that he would go to the barn. A few moments later there was a knock on the door. It was the cow and the pig!

[This message was edited by O'Clan on August 04, 2003 at 01:50 PM.]

An Irishman, an Italian and a Magellan employee guy are in the conference room drinking before a Magellan's GPS Treasure Hunt planning meeting. They are having a good time all agree that Magellan is a nice place to knock back a few during working hours.

Then the Irishman says, "Aye, this is a great place, but where I come from, back in Dublin, there's a BETTER one. At McDougall's you buy a drink, you buy another drink, and McDougall himself will buy your third drink!"

The others agree that sounds like a great place.

Then the Italian says, "Yeah, that's a great bar, but where I come from there's a BETTER one. Over in Brooklyn, there's this place, Vinnie's. At Vinnie's, you buy a drink, Vinnie buys you a drink. You buy anudda drink, Vinnie buys you anudda drink."

Everyone agrees that sounds like a great bar.

Then the Magellan employee says, "YOU THINK THAT'S GREAT???? Where I come from there is this place call Warshowski's. At Warshowski's they buy you your first drink, they buy you your second drink, they buy you your third drink, and then they take you in the back and get you laid!"

"Wow" say the other two. "That's fantastic! Did that actually happen to you?"

"No", replies the Magellan employee, "but it happened to my sister."

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

A hindu priest, rabbi and a garmin user were driving down the road, when the car breaks down. Fortunately finding a farmhouse nearby, the farmer informed them that he had only one spare room, and that it had only two twin beds.

They were welcome to it, but one of them had to sleep in the barn. After much discussion, the hindu volunteered to go to the barn. A few moments later, a knock on the bedroom door, and the hindu explained that there was a cow in the barn, and cows are sacred and he could not possibly sleep in the barn with a cow.

Annoyed, the rabbi volunteered. A few moments later, a knock on the door. The rabbi explained that there was a pig in the barn and that he, being very orthodox, could not possibly spend the evening in the barn with the origin of pork.

Finally the garmin user said that he would go to the barn. A few moments later there was a knock on the door. It was the garmin user "Hey, I can't find the barn! My GPS keeps losing lock under that willow tree. Can I borrow your Meridian?"

yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yes!

I was wondering if it was possible to make your own custom GPS out of parts from all the manufacturers, incorporating the things you like from each... kinda like building up a Suzuki Jimny (Samurai) with Toyota parts...

Maybe you could substitute some edible parts from the EAT folks... (I wonder where THAT thread will go?)