My Cache Partner is Down for a While

When the Donutdog's leg was bandaged up I put a sandwich bag around her foot and held it onto the cast with a rubberband - it kept the part that touched the ground dry. If that's not enough, a grocery bag could probably be wrapped around a little bit to minimize its oversized-ness and held on with a rubberband or two. I suppose plastic wrap (like saran wrap) would work too, with the rubberbands helping hold it on.

It's hard to see them hurt. Hope she heals up soon.

Bummer C2C2C. Don't push her too much. I could not hold J.C. the puppymonster back after he had dew claws removed on his back feet. He had doubles on both feet so he was litterally a 22 toed dog! He would not take no for an answer as far as Frisbee throwing goes. I went to the doctor and he gave me the one-two thrashing and told me I had to keep him quiet. It was tough, but letting him play slowed down the healing process. You can see the bandage on one of his feet below. The other one fell off.

858_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by coast2coast2coast:

any ideas how to keep her cast dry?

Go to your vet and ask them if they can save you a couple of IV fluid bags.(you know the lactated ringers or saline solution they pump into the IV) Then cut one end of the bag and turn it inside out... when you take zoe out tape it around her foot, it is a stronger grade plastic then most baggies and can take some abuse. Make sure to take the bag off when inside or condensation will form under the bag thus wetting the bandage. I used to work for a vet... we sent home all bandages with these fluid bag booties. Good Luck keeping her quiet when the anesthesia wears off... hehe she looks out of it in the pic.

So very sorry about your partner.

As you can see by my avatar, I truly understand. I cannot take mine with for a few months now. Black Dog + Summer Sun + Desert = disaster! I had him quit on me one day last year. I got him out of the desert OK, but I vowed I wouldn't chance it ever again.

You do the same. Let her heal up, and look forward to caching in the future. You might even take a break abd do some things around the house. Like paint the dog house! icon_biggrin.gif

Tell her Parker (my dog) says get well soon. He thinks she is cute!

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

icon_wink.gif When my sister's dog had a run-in with some nasty steel grating, all four of his paws were messed up. Had to let him outside at least a few times a day & they lived on the wet coast, so what to do? This was several years ago before the big "pet accessory bonanza" so they went to their local drug store & came away with some extra large trojans (ribbed for traction of course). They worked great. Had some funny looks from visitors noticing the well-used rubbers drying on the kitchen counter after a romp in the yard though.

It's not difficult to meet demands; just turn around and there they are.

Listen to Ttepee! She knows that of which she speaks. 52133_1900.jpg Spirit wishes your buddy well. If the cache...er...cast (ever type that by mistake) is hard you can hold it on with rubber bands, if not use bandage tape. It won't stick to the hairs as much. Or for less sticky tape, maybe that blue tape for masking when you paint would work.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

Planet: Lol! I've been wondering if DW's dog is bigger than me!?!?! It might be possible! That is one big dog!

quote:
posted June 13, 2003 07:50 AM

we already had to have her cast redone $$$$$ oh well, we love our pets...We love our pets...we love our pets

Yup! I have paid a ton for cat surgery when freinds said "I would just put it to sleep." Fortunately it was sucessful surgery. I also remember freaking out when my dog had her first seizure (she is epileptic) at 5am on a Sunday. When I called the emergency number for the vet and finally got him on the phone, he suggested that it was OK and to wait till Monday for a checkup. Of course I insisted on paying for the emergency call and took her in. And of course, she was fine and jumping around happily by the time the vet saw her at 6:30am at a highly increased rate!

Pets seems to have issues when it requires an off-hour emergency call. Let me guess... your dog broke her toe during off hours and/or on a weekend???? I just figure it is Murphy's law!

pokeanim3.gif