new type of cache proposal----> car cache

georapper

i am proposing a new type of cache called a car cache or auto-cache. this would be for the type of lazy cacher that does not want to exit their vehicle to search for a cache. instead, place a cache with vehicle access so the cacher could drive right to the cache, open their vehicle door (hopefully not fall out while they are straining to reach the cache from the open car door), access the cache, trade an item, or post a log in the book then replace the cache and depart, all done without stepping a foot outside their vehicle.

now i realize this might strain some of you more lazy cachers, and i suggest you sit home and watch the reality tv shows and let some else do the work while you live your lives by proxy or search for virtual caches on the web, you know the ones that don't actually exist and then you can be happy when by some imagination of the dopped up mind you find one you can feel some accomplishment.

this is perfect for those lazy cachers that i read about in the past few topics who find it difficult to do anything other than step out a few feet from their vehicle and find a cache. you know the type, oohhh... it's to hard to email the cacher owner the color of the cache container lid, it's too hard to write down a code, ohhhh, it's to hard to do 5 jumping jacks and turn around 2 times as directed by the cacher owner, ouch that hurts if i have to step over that plant. now that i've gone real caching i need to call my physical therapist to adjust my spinal cord cause i had to walk a few feet, but don't ask me to do anything that might strain my brain 'cause i've already strained my hand by writing in the log book.

yes, this is the solution for the lazy cachers who find it difficult to exit the vehicle.

Creativity Within The Bounds Of Conformity

Whoa, some one is being a real smart a$$ !

But it seems as he speaks the truth anymore for some of these whining crybabies.

I had thought of a cache along that same line. Just a simple mail box on a post with the rest of them at the end of the street. I wonder what the mail man would think if a new mail box with

" Geo. Cache " pop up on his route ?

logscaler.

the mailman would probably call the FBI for fear of anthrax or a bomb if it said geocaching.com in big red letter on the side of the mailbox. you heard about the fiasco down at hill airforce base in utah the past couple of days? someone place a red geocache tacklebox next to the fence near a runway. well it didn't take long for some cacher to find it and be noticed dinking around next to the runway. they got stopped and had a good stern talking to..... yeah, that's real smart...

[sarcasm]I'm feeling really lazy today, even the drive up cache is too much for me. How about this, I'll post the coords to my house. You come up and ring the doorbell, I'll give a yell. Come on in with your cache, I'll do a trade and sign the logbook, then log the find online as you're heading back out the door. [/sarcasm]

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should happen to get back before I return, please ask me to wait.

if a cache were defined as a car cache, the cachers would know that they can access it from their vehicle. it's similar to traditional, multi, virtual, secret, etc..... it lets the cacher know what to expect and then they can decide if they want to do it or not.

Car caches? Meeting someone for coffee? Letting someone through the front door?

Huh? Are you kidding?

I want the "Geocache Channel" on Web TV. Browse caches, log finds and post to the forums all from the incredible comfort of my sofa. Hey, if you can't find it with the remote why bother?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been edited to fit your TV screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several days ago (as mentioned previously above), there was a "security incident" at Hill Air Force Base here in Utah. It, of course, made the 6 o'clock evening news reports. Well, they showed video with the news story and the word "GEOCACHE" was clearly legible on the box they had pictured. The news then did a follow up story later that night on the 10 o'clock news about the incident and how it was all a misunderstanding and that the man won't be charged with terrorism etc. But they also did a secondary piece explaining about Geocaching and what it was. It picqued my interest so I went to the internet and found this site through google.com. The rest is history (well not a lot of history -- only 4 days agoicon_smile.gif. I am headed out the door this afternoon to the store for a GPS unit and to go find my first cache. Wish me luck...

Kirk out.

quote:
Originally posted by Search1128:

Several days ago (as mentioned previously above), there was a "security incident" at Hill Air Force Base here in Utah. It, of course, made the 6 o'clock evening news reports. Well, they showed video with the news story and the word "GEOCACHE" was clearly legible on the box they had pictured. The news then did a follow up story later that night on the 10 o'clock news about the incident and how it was all a misunderstanding and that the man won't be charged with terrorism etc. But they also did a secondary piece explaining about Geocaching and what it was. It picqued my interest so I went to the internet and found this site through google.com. The rest is history (well not a lot of history -- only 4 days agoicon_smile.gif. I am headed out the door this afternoon to the store for a GPS unit and to go find my first cache. Wish me luck...

Kirk out.

Good to know that someone who wasn't a terrorist won't be charged as one. The people who made the incident happen wasn't the geocacher.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

Just a simple mail box on a post with the rest of them at the end of the street. I wonder what the mail man would think if a new mail box with

" Geo. Cache " pop up on his route ?

logscaler.

Hope it's not near my parents' house or they're likely to shoot first. The mailbox bomber placed a few nasty packages about 1/8 of a mile from their house. That guy is toast. The one close to my parents' house was next to the mailbox of a federal judge. Oops!

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

...couldn't we just run over the cache and log it online? icon_biggrin.gif Would improve my caching gas mileage.

"There's more to life than just increasing it's speed"

Great idea! Anyone know where I can get one of those gas station hoses that you drive over for service? Maybe we could rig it so it takes a picture of you as you drive over. That way there's no hard find verifications needed. If the cacher's car is well known we could work out a system that logs the cache for them (if not, they could have something on their car that has their geocaching name...)

quote:
Originally posted by IV_Warrior:

[sarcasm]I'm feeling really lazy today, even the drive up cache is too much for me. How about this, I'll post the coords to my house. You come up and ring the doorbell, I'll give a yell. Come on in with your cache, I'll do a trade and sign the logbook, then log the find online as you're heading back out the door. [/sarcasm]

Too much work for me. I'll just leave the door open and could you grab another beer out of the fridge on your way in please?

Here, just stamp the log with my all-purpose cache stamp:

Found it! Looked around

for a while and I was

almost standing on it!

Nice area. I wouldn't have

come to this park if it

wasn't for geocaching.

Took (nice item), left

(piece of crap)

Thanks for the cache

MaxEntropy

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

Billybob, i agree with you here, sure seems like there are alot out there that are just pure d lazy or something. Not talking about people that may have a health problem that prohibits them from hiking to a cache or something like this. Im talking about people that cant or dont want to handle verifying their find with an additional requirement, or maybe find a multicache with more than 2 legs, or do a cache that has puzzles or math to solve...

Theres not a thing wrong with not liking these. Everyone is different! If you dont like this type of cache then you sure dont have to do it. But dont criticize someone else when they put one out!

You know, in the SF bay area (well, south bay to be specific) we haven't seemed to notice much laziness. I feel like I'm in relatively good shape, and I believe Aarg here does too, and we've noticed certain caches that have made us pant and sweat with a "whew, that was our excersize for the day" have been logged by others with things like "Nice little walk, #36 of 279 today. Nice quick cache, thanks!" [/exaggeration]

That doesn't necessarily mean the car cache isn't something that's doable. I would, however, think that the fun would be lost if it weren't still a challenge to find. Something clever that would take some keen observation or thinking. It would defeat the purpose of the hunt if it was just a "Look for neon 'This is the cache' sign at these coordinates." I think that if cleverly done, it could be just as fun as any other type of cache. And who says you'd have to stay in your car anyway? icon_wink.gif

-Kikipopo

Who left the door open again? Why do you sound like your whining just as bad at the "lazy cachers"?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Naaah.... Would seem like going to drive-in bank. Where I always sign something leave something and take nothing (somebody else already has claim on it).........

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------