I need a little help

Not sure I'll get it. I logged a virtual a couple of weeks ago on the 27th. My email program with aol deletes things that are in the box this long. So I can't find the copy of my email where I sent the answers for the virtual to the cache owner. He has lost my answers and therefore will delete my find since he thinks he never got the answers. 5 long questions so there isn't any way for me to recall them.

Is there a way to retrive the emails from this website?

Wow bummer...

It has been my experience that once the files or emails have been cleaned off the server they are gone and can not be recalled. Have you checked the sent box and the deleted items? There may be a way to change your preferences on how long things are kept so this doesn't happen again.

I hate to admit it, but I'm a long-time AOL user. Have you tried looking in your "file cabinet", where old e-mails (sent OR received) can be retained indefinitely? Lots of people don't even know it's there. Click on "Mail" on the top AOL menu, and then "File Cabinet". If it's empty, that means you didn't check a user preference box to automatically save copies of sent and read e-mails. I'm hoping you DID check the box! Lots of folks have no idea that such a backup of their AOL mail exists.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

Yep AOL sucks and I didn't click the save emails button so I've messed up.

I did send him off a description of the cache area but the answers for his 5 questions are pretty long, dates involved, lots of names. I thought I was going to run out of ink before I finished copying them down.

Yep it's his cache and if he want to delete my find he gets to. I hope he does it one way or the other soon because I have a special underwater cache planned for #500.

Irony? That's my middle name. LazyIRONYBoy

Ummm, no I'm not sending a letter off to my buddy asking him to look through his long list of files.

I was hoping someone knew a way for us to retrive our own emails sent through the site. Hey I'll be fine. One less find in my totals won't cause me any lost sleep. The advice I've received here was great.

I keep a small personal log book with information on all of the caches I hunt. I always write the answers to virtuals in the notebook, so I have a permanent hard copy in case something like this happens.

I know this doesn't help you with the cache in question, but maybe next time...

web-lingbutton.gif ntga_button.gif