Winter is SLOOOOOWWWWINNNNG us down in New England

WaldenRun

Between the existing snowpack, and yet another snowstorm, here is yesterday's count of finds for ALL of New England:

Connecticut - 2

Rhode Island - 0

Massachusetts - 2

New Hampshire - 0

Vermont - 0

Maine - 0 +

-----------------------

New England - 4 (http://www.insidecorner.com/geocaching/stats)

How about your area?

-WR

"Besides physical caches, we have VIRTUal and VIRTUeless."

I guess it all depends on who's doing what.....

about 10 years ago i lived up there. And I did a lot of scubadiving in the Cape Ann Region. I found that from Labor Day to Memorial Day was the best time to go.....Very few other divers except for the HardCore Divers from MetroWest(I was a member), and NorthSHore Frogmen, Best Visiblity of the year....

and Most Important of ALL......You can park in better locations. During the summer most locations are limited to "residents ONLY" and the cops are only too happy to give you a nice Parking ticket(or even tow), but in the off season. AS long as you aren't breaking any laws you usually get a break in Parking.

Folly Cove would make a Great Virtual cache....there is nothing like being out on the water under a full moon late at night. Calm seas, no wind, and a Full moon.

I chose to go ice fishing yesterday instead. I didn't mean to, but a friend I hadn't seen in a long time was up from RI, so I went ice fishing. I did mark the waypoint! And I could see the hill Squantz Rock Cache is on from there. And today I had to work all day. I'll try harder this coming week. Really, I will. I have to, I promised to take out someone new this week, and show her what geocaching is.

Cache you later,

Planet

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will

give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

*SunBug* and I hit up the Ct cache Devils DenIT was a lot of fun in the snow,with our full skiing gear on, and the Pachuag forest is amazing..We actually met up with a friend of another cacher to ask directions, She was with the infamous dog "bandit" who bit the Beach Pond cache container...It was fun to meet her ..

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

[This message was edited by Natureboy1376 on February 09, 2003 at 02:37 PM.]

The snow definitely makes things harder, after two unsuccesful attempts at the Mt. Olga Cache 2 in VT we went three for three in the Burlington area yesterday.

Winter caching really seems to be hit or miss.

It's really hard to pass up snowshoeing to cahces though.

We might start putting out some four season accessable caches soon.

"Damned Infernal Gizmo. My Kingdom for a Left-Handed Can Opener."

-- Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Hey Waldenrun,

The weather has stopped me, I just hate the cold AND the snow. I think your swimming hole cache was the last cache I found. AND, your new Gum Drop cache is so close to my house that I could walk there I just can't bring myself to go out in the cold snow. I tried to find the Swiss Family cache after the snow came I searched for 2 hours and couldn't find the first part. PLEASE bring me the spring!!!!

Paul

but it wasn't easy! After a day of snowboarding Sunbug and I hit up the Keyes Brook cache in E. Princeton Ma.. Awsome cache and area, but being wiped out from ridding all day and then trying to trump threw 2 feet of snow and falling in the holes between all the rock it was challanging..Found the Cache though and had some good laughs everytime each of us ended up on our A$$e$ icon_biggrin.gif

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376