Oh dear. I seem to have the wrong kind of GPSR

quote:
Originally posted by blindleader:

Oh dear. I seem to have the wrong kind of GPSR

Don't worry blindleader - you've still got time to get it right. icon_smile.gif

Garmin eTrex Vista, Legend, and GPSmap 162 with Bluecharts/Fishing Hotspots/POI/Road & Rec

Ducks - flying geocaches of meat

quote:

According to http://www.garmin.com/outdoor/geocaching/index.html: "How do I start?

You will need a Garmin GPS unit to help you find or mark cache locations".

You learn something new every day. I had no idea this game was restricted to one brand of equipment. icon_wink.gif

Sue them! I am 190% sure you will be able to find a lawyer to take your case.

Add some stuff as well. I don't know. "I couldn't find my in-labor pregnant wife because she wasn't a geocache".

I think it will work, heck, I KNOW it will work...with the right lawyer. - JamesJM

quote:

Well it makes sense that my Merigreen is at the center, because there's a street sign very near here that says "Welcome to Fremont, Center of the Universe". Of course it's always felt like the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy. I'm really confused now.

Don't Panic and you will be OK.

quote:

Well it makes sense that my Merigreen is at the center, because there's a street sign very near here that says "Welcome to Fremont, Center of the Universe". Of course it's always felt like the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy. I'm really confused now.

You think you're confused? Try standing with that perpetual crowd at the bus stop! LOL So how's the traffic now since the new mall opened up over there?

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by OneOfEm:

Since the Garmin units are _the_ GPSr's for geocaching icon_wink.gif, everyone who owns one should request of Garmin that they add a "cache" icon in their next software upgrade (I just did).

Uhhhh, my Geko has one. Two of them in fact. A closed "treasure chest" and an open one for those you have found.

quote:
Originally posted by GeckoGeek:

quote:
Originally posted by OneOfEm:

Since the Garmin units are _the_ GPSr's for geocaching icon_wink.gif, everyone who owns one should request of Garmin that they add a "cache" icon in their next software upgrade (I just did).

Uhhhh, my Geko has one. Two of them in fact. A closed "treasure chest" and an open one for those you have found.

As does the Legend. The Yellow didn't, though.

Funny, I didn't see many Magellans in Iraq. It seems that when your life depends on a good GPS you go with Garmin, when you're just fooling around any old POS will do!

"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there,

Eighty are just targets,

Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one,

One is a warrior,

And he will bring the others back."

Hericletus, circa 500 BC