List of caches hidden by a user doesn't show archived ones

baer2006

I noted this exact same thing as I needed to see an archived cache as it related to a recently published one - going to that COs list of caches is no longer doing that 

If this is a revised function of the search for caches by a CO (i.e not to include the archived ones) then it is not one folk want - I can understand people saying why would you want to see archived ones in the list, they are no longer there ! but you always had the ability to filter them out from the complete list if you only wanted to look at active ones. But being able to see the archived ones has on occasion been useful

It does seem that all of the recent updates has messed around with a lot of the functionality that, tbh, were not broken before but now is :-(

• Upvote 8
3 hours ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

I can understand people saying why would you want to see archived ones in the list, they are no longer there ! but you always had the ability to filter them out from the complete list if you only wanted to look at active ones.

There are times I go back through event caches to see if people have posted new photos. but I can't even do that now.

• Upvote 1

If i am late to log an cache, but it is in the archive, i never can log it. The only way was over the owner site. I want to see even my own to copy paste event texts if i make thema annual. Bring it back, this is not a good new feature..

• Upvote 4

Yep - I stumbled on same issue of not being able to find archived caches at all - neither by seaching for any profiles own caches!.

That's a redo HQ. Please revert that  function that worked.

Have a great day.  

P.S. using below link to an old search page and search by owner - THEN you can find archived caches for that owner:  https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=

But c'mon HQ... why not just let a search function for archived survive?

Edited by J1S

I attended an event on March 26, just over 3 weeks ago. It has been archived already. I attended. However, now I can't find the cache page, so I can't log it!!!

I tried going to the owner's profile, list of events but that doesn't show any archived events.

I tried going to a friend's profile but that shows she hasn't attended any events (not true). 

ETA: Happily, I discovered that I could find it in one of my lists! Phew. 

Please make fixing a high priority.

Edited by Xira
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

Looks like this is still a problem.  I can't see any archived caches that I own or have found.  I did do a "my finds" pocket query which does list archived caches and I can view them that way, but still can see my own. 

I use my own archived caches all the time to get templates for new cache write ups and sometimes to get coordinates off the old ones. Any idea why those have disappeared from the lists?

• Love 1

Quite annoying!   Archived caches in my finds and hides no longer show up!  I've got a puzzle cache that uses info on archived hidden caches for the parks group I hide caches for.  That info now can't be found on the geocaching site.  I hope that this will be corrected soon.  If not, I need to revise that puzzle cache which is a part of an annual series. 

• Upvote 4

Why can't Groundspeak interject here and tell us, because emergency, what the old search URLs are, the ones that still work, and work properly?

I'm outside enjoying a sunbeam, and don't have the URLs handy.  I'm not paid for this kind of support; in fact I'm paying for someone else to provide it.

EDIT: try these:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=username

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=username

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

@Groundspeak: 

Why can't you just post a quick response here to show that you've understood the problem? As soon as someone writes that the issue is being "ignored," everyone freaks out again. I have no idea why you're so hesitant to involve us...

• Helpful 1
23 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Why can't Groundspeak interject here and tell us, because emergency, what the old search URLs are, the ones that still work, and work properly?

I'm outside enjoying a sunbeam, and don't have the URLs handy.  I'm not paid for this kind of support; in fact I'm paying for someone else to provide it.

EDIT: try these:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=username

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=username

Even the old search doesn't work properly. I tried to search with my username and filter by "Event" caches. It shows the first page, but when you try to go to page 2 or 3, the list does not continue it reverts to your total finds not filtered by type. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/26/2024 at 2:25 PM, SnowstormMK said:

Yes, we released a fix for this issue yesterday, I had no time so far to update this thread, thanks for reminding me!

It is not completely fixed yet.  I am still missing some cache finds.  The only one I specifically know for sure is an Event that I attended in November in Colorado Springs, would probably have been Nov 4.

13 hours ago, NanCycle said:

It is not completely fixed yet.  I am still missing some cache finds.  The only one I specifically know for sure is an Event that I attended in November in Colorado Springs, would probably have been Nov 4.

Yep, the issue also seems to be not fully fixed on my end. While I can see all caches, even archived ones, when browsing my (or any other cacher's) hidden geocaches, but when I try to do the same with the caches I (or any other cacher I selected) found, it still shows only active and disabled ones, no archived.

2 hours ago, 200e200w said:

Yep, the issue also seems to be not fully fixed on my end. While I can see all caches, even archived ones, when browsing my (or any other cacher's) hidden geocaches, but when I try to do the same with the caches I (or any other cacher I selected) found, it still shows only active and disabled ones, no archived.

I am unable to repro this. When I look at your finds (using a regular PM account) I see archived caches.

10 hours ago, SnowstormMK said:
12 hours ago, 200e200w said:

I am unable to repro this. When I look at your finds (using a regular PM account) I see archived caches.

I'm also still experiencing the issue on some searches. When I search for caches I've found that are terrain 4 or higher and have all of the Scenic View, Difficult Climb and Cliffs/Falling Rocks attributes, it shows 26 caches when there should be 27. The missing cache is the archived GC57WEB.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I'm also still experiencing the issue on some searches. When I search for caches I've found that are terrain 4 or higher and have all of the Scenic View, Difficult Climb and Cliffs/Falling Rocks attributes, it shows 26 caches when there should be 27. The missing cache is the archived GC57WEB.

Further to this, it looks like if I go to my found caches on my public profile then add the terrain and attribute filters, it includes the archived cache, but if I go to Play - Search from the top menu, select caches found by me and add the terrain and attribute filters, it doesn't include the archived cache. The difference appears to be that the URL coming from my profile includes sa=1 whereas the URL coming from a search doesn't.

• Upvote 2