John Grisham Racketeer Trackable

Rustynails

I was doing some cleaning and found my John Grisham Racketeer Trackable that resembles a gold ingot. It's not activated and sealed in the original plastic wrap. It had a limited release during a promotion ten years ago.

Anyone know if it has any collectable value ? 

Trak1.jpg

trak2.jpg

Edited by Rustynails
add photo
  • Surprised 1
3 hours ago, Keystone said:

I've moved this thread from the General Geocaching Topics forum.

As a reminder, in this promotion the recipients of the trackables were asked to place them in geocaches.  The trackables could be activated and owned by the recipients.

It's difficult to activate a coin if misplaced. Interesting information that may make this sealed trackable even more rare.

Edited by Rustynails
  • Surprised 1
On 12/3/2023 at 10:41 AM, Rustynails said:

I was doing some cleaning and found my John Grisham Racketeer Trackable that resembles a gold ingot. It's not activated and sealed in the original plastic wrap. It had a limited release during a promotion ten years ago.

Anyone know if it has any collectable value ? 

Not sure why it would.  Promotion trackables we've seen were to be placed in a geocache within a certain timeframe of receiving it.

Those interested would see it's a promotion trackable, so maybe if you find someone who doesn't care it could be...  :)

• Helpful 1

I've had one of these circulating for over a decade. I feel fortunate that the last log I got on it was a DISCOVER in a California cache on 10/31/23.

https://coord.info/TB5CY1W

Sometimes I wish I'd kept this, but it WAS a promotional TB, so I was obligated to release it.

490 logs and over 33,000 miles traveled later, maybe I'll put a mission on it to make its way home......

Edited by TeamRabbitRun
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, chase99g said:

It would be cool to discover that one on its way around the world!

I discovered one in the wilds that eventually went from Georgia to California, another one at two Events.  After 2 years of travelling, it was beginning to show some rust, but it still looked pretty cool.

4f2ba6f2-b2e7-48ed-beda-3a572eb7d4af.jpg

https://coord.info/TL9V9WVN

Edited by kunarion
3 hours ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

I've had one of these circulating for over a decade. I feel fortunate that the last log I got on it was a DISCOVER in a California cache on 10/31/23.

Sometimes I wish I'd kept this, but it WAS a promotional TB, so I was obligated to release it.

490 logs and over 33,000 miles traveled later, maybe I'll put a mission on it to make its way home......

I hope you are able to bring it home! That would be a cool item to have!

On 12/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, chase99g said:
On 12/7/2023 at 8:57 AM, TeamRabbitRun said:

I hope you are able to bring it home! That would be a cool item to have!

Through a series of "fortunate" events, I  will be able to return this to its owner very soon - and it is in absolutely pristine condition - amazing!!

Photo attached, and yes, it IS the same TB released by TeamRabbit Run....awesome story of how it came into my hand!

PXL_20240302_205824062.jpg

• Upvote 1