EV charging attribute

sloth96

34 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Given this game started in the forest and I think that's where it still belongs, my caches will never have this attribute, except in jest.  :P

I can see the negative version being used in jest, the way the "No Snowmobiles" attribute (the negative of the "Snowmobiles" attribute) is used in the San Francisco Bay Area in jest. (Although technically it's accurate, because no one can use snowmobiles where it never snows.)

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
13 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Given this game started in the forest and I think that's where it still belongs, my caches will never have this attribute, except in jest.  :P

I see your pooint on challenges. But reviewers can challenge attributes. Also I don't see it with other existing attributes.

As for the start if the game, the original stash and mingo are both park and grabs.

• Funny 2
1 hour ago, arisoft said:

Actually, they have this power only for few attributes.

I would welcome EV attribute even I do not need this information as it is already on my map.

I would guess that if there's a complaint about a misleading attribute (from a user or themselves) it's something they could look into, much like bad coordinates. But I haven't asked my local reviewer what they'd do for something like this. They have taken retroactive action against caches when people complain regarding something that isn't right about them.  So sometimes reviewers claim "no precedent" and do nothing, and sometimes they take corrective action; based on that knowledge, I'd say it's their call unless HQ has explicitly told them do not take action for specific types of complaints.  As there's currently no EV attribute, I'd say it's probably wide open as to whether the local reviewers would decide to police-on-complaint caches with the illegitimate attribute.

But, I don't doubt they wouldn't require verification before publish... that, AFAIK, is something they're only allowed to pre-police on a couple of top priority attributes.

Reviewers are only authorized to review for four attributes:  Wheelchair accessible, Challenge Cache, UV Light required, and Wireless Beacon.  All other attributes are completely up to the cache owner, although reviewers can make non-binding recommendations.  "Non-binding" means that the presence or absence of those other attributes cannot hold up publication of a cache that otherwise meets the Geocache Hiding Guidelines.  It follows, then, that Reviewers would not "police" attribute use or abuse post-publication.  I publish caches every day that are loaded with inappropriate attributes (which help finders qualify for challenge caches).  All I can do is roll my eyes while hitting the "publish" button.

I would place the odds of policing for the proper use of an EV attribute at about 2%, and that's because I've learned to never say never.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
23 hours ago, niraD said:

I can see the negative version being used in jest, the way the "No Snowmobiles" attribute (the negative of the "Snowmobiles" attribute) is used in the San Francisco Bay Area in jest. (Although technically it's accurate, because no one can use snowmobiles where it never snows.)

Beat me to it. Like you, I used to live in the SF area. I  remember so many caches with the no snowmobiles attribute. I have 498 finds with the no snowmobiles attribute from when I lived there.

On 8/23/2023 at 2:29 PM, JL_HSTRE said:

How many people use this Attribute, either COs or especially seekers? It's a relic.

Agreed, I doubt many people will trust this attribute to find a gas station when on a journey. Google etc are going to be a much better choice. I wouldn't want to rely on geocache attributes to find EV charging stations either, there are already plenty of established apps for finding charging points.

• Upvote 3