Souvenirs

It's  nice to see new countries being introduced. I am still missing New Caledonia & PNG, but they might be coming. They can't all be done at once.

However, it seems I now only have 32 souvenirs, but it's the important ones, so not a big problem for me. Fortunately though I got enough for a challenge that needed 200 souvenirs to log it before this.

• Funny 1
9 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

All 202 souvenirs are back. Shame in a way, as it was easier to see the souvenirs that I want. Travel ones.

You can hide the ones you don't want to see.  I really only care about the location based souvenirs such as US states and other countries, so I could hide the other souvenirs.  

2 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

You can hide the ones you don't want to see.  I really only care about the location based souvenirs such as US states and other countries, so I could hide the other souvenirs.  

I can't hide them, only fade them. I need to go to my profile to only see the unfaded souvenirs.

11 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Yes, those and a few others, like International Geocaching Day each year.

• Upvote 1
On 6/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, Goldenwattle said:

I can't hide them, only fade them. I need to go to my profile to only see the unfaded souvenirs.

When I look at your profile, I see you have 32 souvenirs. When you look, you see them all, with the hidden ones faded out.

Can anyone explain me why for the souvenirs of Germany we see letters instead of the image that is saved when we enter the souvenir? Cause all the other countries the image that is shown is the same (or very similar/related) as the one we find inside the description... 

I don't have any souvenir for the US but I see the same happening on other geocacher's profiles, I see only letters and when I enter the description, there's a beautiful image. <_<

• Helpful 1

Are you talking about something similar to this?

image.png.ac6998d0cff793123171bd0155ddb7ae.png

The souvenir symbol for California (and all the other states where I have earned a souvenir), is simply the 2 letter state abbreviation and an outline of the state.  Open up the description, and you get another, more elaborate image, and info about the state.

• Upvote 1

Yes, those!  In the case of the US States it makes sense to have the 2 letters and then opens a new image (cause the image with the letters are different for each State). My "problem" is with Germany, all the souvenirs are the same "design" and colors, even the one for "Germany" is like that. It's pretty boring to see only the letters... :wacko:

Sem Título.png

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, Bactérias said:

Yes, those!  In the case of the US States it makes sense to have the 2 letters and then opens a new image (cause the image with the letters are different for each State). My "problem" is with Germany, all the souvenirs are the same "design" and colors, even the one for "Germany" is like that. It's pretty boring to see only the letters... :wacko:

A quick search of the interwebs found two-letter codes for the German states (Bundesländer). You'd think they could use those two-letter codes the way they used the two-letter codes for the US state souvenirs.

6 hours ago, Bactérias said:

Honestly the US states thumbnail is boring as well so the DE ones are at least consistent.

Love the Osterreich one. Bayern could possibly have the blue & white flag in the background.  Maybe when they finish supporting all locations. Maybe they can revisit some of these states but the difficulty is how do you represent a single area with a single picture. Sometimes it can be hard I'm sure.

• Funny 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, MNTA said:

Honestly the US states thumbnail is boring as well so the DE ones are at least consistent.

Love the Osterreich one. Bayern could possibly have the blue & white flag in the background.

Just in case: Austria (Österreich) is not a state of Germany but an independent country. -_-

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Hynz said:

Just in case: Austria (Österreich) is not a state of Germany but an independent country. -_-

Fully aware of that used to live in Bavaria many years ago. My thought was for some countries it has a picture that is relevant to the national identity, see Scandinavian countries. But for US and German states they are a bland thumbnail. Could be something interesting like the edelweiss.