Deuces Wild Souvenir Date shows wrong date

PEOK

Hi I'm from New Zealand and today is 22.2.22. I went out to get my two caches to get the Deuces Wild Feb 22 2022 souvenir which I achieved.  When looking at my date earned it shows 23/2/22 - its not even that date yet!!!!  I have no idea who to contact about this to get the date rectified.  Can anyone help?  Thanks fro Liz (PEOK)

Deuces 2day wrong date.PNG

• Funny 3
12 hours ago, lee737 said:

Mine is the same.... from Australia... only on the app on the phone though, on the website it shows 22/2/22..... it never ceases to amaze me that Groundspeak have never really worked out the whole date and Earth timezone concept! 

I'm seeing the same thing with the app, in my case the Android version. The date is correct in the list of souvenirs, but on the actual souvenir itself it shows the 23rd of February.

AppSouvenirs.jpg.da6b02c80ede52b8f2319cc3645e9c5d.jpg

On the website, it's showing the 22nd in both the list and on the souvenir.

I logged my two finds at about 8:50pm local time (0950 UTC) on the 22nd.

It's just after 5pm here in California, and I just logged a cache that I found today, 02/22/2022.  No Deuces Wild souvenir.  The Everest souvenir did pop, however, and the date for that one shows tomorrow, 02/23/2022.  FAIL.

Earlier this morning, I was logging a cache on my daughter's account that we found together yesterday.  By mistake, I initially used TODAY as the find date for that cache, and BOOM, she got the Deuces Wild souvenir.  Naturally I edited the find and changed the date back to yesterday.  But my other daughter and myself are now apparently left out of the Deuces Wild souvenir, simply because we logged them after 5pm??  When exactly is the cutoff time?  Kinda seems like it ought to be midnight, don't ya think?

It really shouldn't be such a hard thing to get people's time zones correct, since presumably everyone has "home" coordinates entered into their profile.  Geolocation is what geocaching is all about.  FIGURE IT OUT.

33 minutes ago, geodanimal said:

It's just after 5pm here in California, and I just logged a cache that I found today, 02/22/2022.  No Deuces Wild souvenir.  The Everest souvenir did pop, however, and the date for that one shows tomorrow, 02/23/2022.  FAIL.

Earlier this morning, I was logging a cache on my daughter's account that we found together yesterday.  By mistake, I initially used TODAY as the find date for that cache, and BOOM, she got the Deuces Wild souvenir.  Naturally I edited the find and changed the date back to yesterday.  But my other daughter and myself are now apparently left out of the Deuces Wild souvenir, simply because we logged them after 5pm??  When exactly is the cutoff time?  Kinda seems like it ought to be midnight, don't ya think?

It really shouldn't be such a hard thing to get people's time zones correct, since presumably everyone has "home" coordinates entered into their profile.  Geolocation is what geocaching is all about.  FIGURE IT OUT.

If you logged only one cache then you don't get the souvenir. Two finds are required for this souvenir 

From the blog:

Feelin’ lucky? A unique date like 2/22/22 doesn’t happen very often, let alone on a Twos-day!

With a date as rare as this, we’re feeling the luck and decided to double the fun with a new souvenir! Celebrate Deuces Wild by logging any two geocaches or Event Caches on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 to earn the souvenir.

Whether you decide to go out and find some caches with a friend, aim for twice as many finds as usual, or even just take double the snacks, we hope you make this rare day something to remember!

Some might say it’s ‘two’ wild, but we say follow your in-two-ition, double down on your geocaching, and maybe, if you play the cards just right, you can be a winner ‘two’!

Go wild!

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Two finds are required for this souvenir

Thanks!  Indeed, that was what caused the missing souvenir for me.  I do remember reading that now, and it makes perfect sense -- but I had forgotten.

So I went out and found another cache, and problem solved!  But I still think it's weird that Groundspeak often can't seem to get the dates right.  That ought to be super simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
4 hours ago, ChriBli said:

I got my Deuces Wild on the correct date. This seems to affect mostly cachers from down under? Or rather, far to the east.

I'm in the same time zone as Groundspeak HQ, but I also have the wrong date on one souvenir from today:  When I logged my first find I got the Everest Basecamp souvenir, with tomorrow's date.  A few minutes later I logged my second find and got the Deuces Wild souvenir, with today's date.  Very peculiar.

• Helpful 1

12 hours ago, Nylimb said:

I'm in the same time zone as Groundspeak HQ, but I also have the wrong date on one souvenir from today:  When I logged my first find I got the Everest Basecamp souvenir, with tomorrow's date.  A few minutes later I logged my second find and got the Deuces Wild souvenir, with today's date.  Very peculiar.

Like Nylimb, I am in California and the same time zone as HQ.  Yesterday I found a traditional cache, which earned me the Everest and Peak Performer souvenirs.  I logged the cache on the website from a draft on my phone about 7 pm last night, and both souvenirs popped up on the computer.  I then logged the CITO event we attended, again from a draft on my phone, and got the popups for all 3 souvenirs, Deuces Wild as well as the 2 Peak souvenirs.  We then went off and found one more traditional, just for kicks, and again I got the popups for all 3 souvenirs.

Looking at my souvenirs on the phone and website today, I see this:
image.png.198793db7351c7c323a8b5701aa73ac9.pngScreenshot_20220223-084115.thumb.jpg.d08735e2da7b30863ece1edcfe269727.jpg

• Funny 1