9 people found the Block Party?

Roman!

that is nothing, about 22 people found the 2015 Block Party already.

How did they find it, I thought the log was attended, there are some 800 attended logs and 9 found it logs, who found it and how?

Incorrect log, huh?! Terrible! GS should lead by example and promptly delete those phony bogus logs! :anibad:

How did they find it, I thought the log was attended, there are some 800 attended logs and 9 found it logs, who found it and how?

Incorrect log, huh?! Terrible! GS should lead by example and promptly delete those phony bogus logs! :anibad:

I don't see an option to log it as found, only attended, are the 9 super elitist so or something?

I don't see an option to log it as found, only attended, are the 9 super elitist so or something?

Shhhh....platinum membership perks. Part of the "freemium" business model.

Shhhh....platinum membership perks. Part of the "freemium" business model.

That's not it, I've been a platinum member since I joined and do not have that option, if there is a more elitist membership I want in.

I wonder if they were from lackeys or some third party app (GSAK?) that used the API to create the log and could set the log type as found instead of attended. If one just uses the form on the web site to submit the log, a found it log is not at option, but using the API or an application that submits a log might be able to change the log type to one that is not in the select list.

OK, you're going to have to scroll down to the bottom of the logs, or this won't work. I actually only scrolled down to August 14th, when people were just posting "will attend logs". Then in your browser of choice, search up for the term found it. One guy logged it 3 times with a found it. This log here might be the key (quoting it too):

Our first block party!

Was a long amazing roundabout journey to get here from Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri with my wife Paula. Thanks for making this a once in a lifetime amazing event.

# 2148

11:08 16-Aug-2014

--Found using Geocaching4Locus with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the Verizon network.

P.S. I'd have to think almost all of the earliest logs after the event actually started are "app logs", so the ability to log "found it" probably didn't appear in too many apps.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

OK, you're going to have to scroll down to the bottom of the logs, or this won't work. I actually only scrolled down to August 14th, when people were just posting "will attend logs". Then in your browser of choice, search up for the term found it. One guy logged it 3 times with a found it. This log here might be the key (quoting it too):

Our first block party!

Was a long amazing roundabout journey to get here from Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri with my wife Paula. Thanks for making this a once in a lifetime amazing event.

# 2148

11:08 16-Aug-2014

--Found using Geocaching4Locus with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the Verizon network.

P.S. I'd have to think almost all of the earliest logs after the event actually started are "app logs", so the ability to log "found it" probably didn't appear in too many apps.

Good catch, looks like it is that app, never heard of it.

Edited by Roman!

I realize some people are proud of their phone, their phone's OS, maybe even the app they are using, but the Cell Network you were using? Does the app change the log if you are on WiFi or roaming on a different network?

Well, it is true none of the 8 other "found it" logs have that text, including the guy who logged "found it" 3 times. Gee, we never see app people do that, do we? :P

The option of "found it" could have appeared on many apps, they just had 9 (or should I say 7) people who selected it, rather than "attended".