logging your own cache

bertalie

Actually if you notice, it was Team Daam that owns the cache. It's Team Daam 1 that logged found it. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe it's husband and wife, kids and parents, neighbours.

Maybe they're related, have the same last name(Daam) that shouldn't stop them from finding the other teams caches.

Actually if you notice, it was Team Daam that owns the cache. It's Team Daam 1 that logged found it. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe it's husband and wife, kids and parents, neighbours.

Maybe they're related, have the same last name(Daam) that shouldn't stop them from finding the other teams caches.

I agree. While the OP's initial assumption might be incorrect, here's a Help Center article that provides further guidance regarding the substance of the question:

Logging My Own Geocache

I recall a local cacher who used to log his own caches when he went to do maintenance. His argument was that he had to find the cache in order to do the maintenance. He logged one of his caches more than once.

I logged one of my own caches once, when tree trimming had destroyed the area where the cache was hidden and I did (quite accidentally) find it placed high up in a tree about 80 ft away. (Had to get a ladder to retrieve it.)

I didn't log a DNF the time I had to email the last finder to ask where the cache had migrated to.

I recall a local cacher who used to log his own caches when he went to do maintenance. His argument was that he had to find the cache in order to do the maintenance. He logged one of his caches more than once.

I logged one of my own caches once, when tree trimming had destroyed the area where the cache was hidden and I did (quite accidentally) find it placed high up in a tree about 80 ft away. (Had to get a ladder to retrieve it.)

I didn't log a DNF the time I had to email the last finder to ask where the cache had migrated to.

I recall doing this myself........some of the hardest to find caches I've ever found were mine.

I recall doing this myself........some of the hardest to find caches I've ever found were mine.

:lol: I know exactly what you're talking about.

One word: ivy.

Is it possible to logg your own cache?

Look GC4Z0BD Appingedam The Netherlands. Team Daam logged her own cache.

Yes, you can log your own cache. Some people frown on it, though.

My sister went to a replace a cache of hers that was apparently missing. As she searched for a new spot, she found the old cache (it had been moved). She logged a find. :)

I've never logged a find on any of my caches, however, there were a couple ivy caches where I definitely deserved a smilie. :lol:

You know where it is [...]
Do you?

I've told multiple cache owners where I found their caches, because the caches had migrated far enough that the owners couldn't find them. If owners can DNF their own caches, then the "You know where it is" argument falls apart.

I personally would not log a find on my own cache, but funnily enough, I tried twice to find one of my own caches this last week and had to bring someone with me to find it in the end. It had migrated quite a bit away from where I put it and I didn't even look in the place it now was, because that's not where it was supposed to be. Anyway, I brought my niece and she found it; it's back where it should be now :laughing:

I personally would not log a find on my own cache, but funnily enough, I tried twice to find one of my own caches this last week and had to bring someone with me to find it in the end. It had migrated quite a bit away from where I put it and I didn't even look in the place it now was, because that's not where it was supposed to be. Anyway, I brought my niece and she found it; it's back where it should be now :laughing:

The first cache I placed is constantly getting put back in the wrong spot. It's such an easy spot, yet somehow folks still manage to mess it up. I drive by GZ all the time and can actually spot it from the car (if it's in the right place), so if I don't see it I will stop and put it back in the proper place. It just may be the most well-maintained cache in the region as I'm checking it at least a few times a month.

We have replaced several of our caches that we couldn't find and later see logs that they found the original. We have one out that we have replaced twice and somehow people keep finding the original that we can't find. I still can't figure out how they find the original one before the replacement that is just hanging out there in front of your face. We still wouldn't log a found it if we did find it because it is our container.