The Largest Geocache

djboom99

Where is the largest geocache?

Longest? Tallest? Widest? Or the one that take up the most space. In BC, Canada there is one that's an ammo can. It's big enough to fit a person, I'd say it can hold 4 or 5 hundred gallons.

I also think there is a cache at geocaching HQ-does the building count as a cache?

And come to think of it, there's a cache at the ISS. A freaking space station- that's got to be a big cache.

I've heard of one that was in an abandoned travel trailer, and a few that are in things like outhouses and such. I believe there may be one in an abandoned missile silo, although I don't know if they consider that the container or if there's a container inside the silo. Not sure where any of those are but I recall reading about them.

Biggest one I've found was View Carre' (GCE02C) in New Orleans (now archived, unfortunately). It was in one of those big gang boxes like you see on construction sites. Very popular cache, had something like 800+ Fave points when it was archived.

And come to think of it, there's a cache at the ISS. A freaking space station- that's got to be a big cache.

Nah... I think it is only a very tiny locker aboard the ISS.

I can see it now... geocoins and TB's floating around, mucking things up. A soggy log sheet/book making for really awful aromatic scents wafting about. Probably is no SWAG, at all.

I can see it now... geocoins and TB's floating around, mucking things up. A soggy log sheet/book making for really awful aromatic scents wafting about. Probably is no SWAG, at all.

You mean I can't leave a Hotwheels and take a spacesuit? :laughing:

:laughing:

And the new excuse for not signing won't be "I forgot my pen," but "My pen floated away."

:laughing:

And the new excuse for not signing won't be "I forgot my pen," but "My pen floated away."

Forgot your pen? No excuse, go back to Earth and get it. Hope you remember where you parked. ☺️

Better excuse: I brought a pen but it won't write in zero gravity . 😳

Best excuse: Sure I signed the log, feel free to come up and check it 👍

I have heard of several U-Store units being used for caches, but never actually found one.

But I have found a cache that used an abandoned utility junction building that was about 12x12. It was set up like a little clubhouse with a desk and chair to sit and sign the log, and the swag was arranged on some shelves with one designated for trackables.

I have heard of several U-Store units being used for caches, but never actually found one.

But I have found a cache that used an abandoned utility junction building that was about 12x12. It was set up like a little clubhouse with a desk and chair to sit and sign the log, and the swag was arranged on some shelves with one designated for trackables.

I have heard of, but never found 1) An outhouse in West Virgina (may find that in a couple of months), and 2) A "junked SUV" on some guys rural property between New York City and Albany. that's all I got though.

I have seen a few pics from when a New England school send a TB up to visit this one... the actual cache looks like a small locker with the ISS being the camo for it.

I have heard of, but never found 1) An outhouse in West Virgina (may find that in a couple of months), and 2) A "junked SUV" on some guys rural property between New York City and Albany. that's all I got though.

I've found a junked SUV out in the woods in TN, but since it would fit into the other examples I didn't mention it at first.