Gee "whiz"!

infosponge

I was doing a cache at a kind of junky looking city park in Jacksonville, Florida yesterday.

I start poking around in the bushes, and this (drunk?) guy walks into the bushes a few feet away from me, facing me, and starts urinating right there.

I left...no cache is worth poking around in a public restroom...yuk...

Other people had found the cache before me, and complained about the smell from the nearby port-a-pottie (which nobody uses, I guess). Now I know why... icon_smile.gif

“Hey, Jim, what’s that sign say that you posted by the park entrance?”

“Well Rick, the sign says,: ‘No Pissing in the Woods’ .”

“What? Are you nuts? What ever was going through your head when you did that?”

“Well, Rick, I was thinking of all those animals like deer, bear, possum, alligators, and ticks all doing their thing. And I figure, enough is enough. We got to stop somewhere. After all, don’t people realize that pee just kills the plants and roots and things. If some human’s gotta go, well let ‘em go before they get here at McDonalds or Dunkin’ Donuts.”

“I don’t know about that. Besides my wife and other women, I don’t know of any man who can hike 8 miles over hill and dale and not succumb to the call of nature. Unless men change their plumbing systems, this ain’t gonna work.”

“That’s it! We’ll make a prohibition allowing only women the right to hike more than two miles.”

“And what will their men friends do while the women are hiking the longer trails?”

“Wait at McDonalds?”

Yep, the smell from the nearby port-a-potty is pretty bad at that park (and the cache is about 4 feet from it, so you get a really good wiff...)

The park is mainly used by fishermen, as its right on a major river. I can understand the need to go when you've been standing around all day, but I guess he was lacking in common decency. Hope you enjoyed the other parks around town though.

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

quote:
Originally posted by GatoRx:

Yep, the smell from the nearby port-a-potty is pretty bad at that park (and the cache is about 4 feet from it, so you get a really good wiff...)

All in all, I'm getting the feeling that this cache would not make it onto my MUST DO list... icon_rolleyes.gif

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

quote:
Originally posted by infosponge:

The park has a nice view, but I can't imagine the need to place a cache there so great that they had to use the only patch of vegetation...right next to the port-a-pottie. The smell was terrible. I would have just said "oh well, I guess I won't put a cache in this park..."

It could have been worse - on the other side of the vegetation patch (a little further from the port-a-potty) there was a used condom on the ground. Imagine how bad the hunt would have been if you'd put your hand on that, and then had the guy almost urinate on you. icon_biggrin.gif

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

I found a cache a couple of months ago that had a big pile o' doot right next to it. This was a rather out of the way place, so I assume whoever left this deposit was a cacher. Once I saw the condition and contents of the cache I could almost understand if this was his/her reaction to the find. At least it wasn't left in the box.

---------------

Where am I going? I don't quite know.

What does it matter where people go?

Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow-

Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.

-A.A. Milne

quote:
Originally posted by HunterDiver:

Zartimus...that looks like my mother-in-law's handwriting...say it isn't so! Blech! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

]

She must be very fleet footed icon_eek.gif

Where are we going?......And WHY am I in this handbasket???