Specific Cache Site Goal?

It's not unusual, and not unacceptable. You or your friend will have to track the geocoin to know when it reaches its destination and be ready to grab it immediately.

Of course the key to this is the geocoin actually making it there. These suckers go up missing at a very very high percentage.

Good Luck!

It has been done many times over the years.

Or rather it has been requested to happen many times over the years - actually occurring is quite another story.

I put out a TB in 2004 with a goal of returning to a specific cache by December of 2007. As of this moment, it is still travelling abroad and has never come close to making it "home".

OK, I just didn't want to be doing something crazy! Thanks!

You can target a specific cache but you might have better luck selecting an area where your friend lives and have them watch the trackable page listing to see all activity on the item. I sent out a TB a few years ago and then changed the goal to bring it home. Someone moved it into my State (but a couple hundred miles away) then someone else moved it to a cache I own about a 1/2 mile away. The next day someone grabbed it an moved it 35 miles away. A couple of days later someone nearby grabbed it and I was able to grab it directly from that person. Getting a TB to a small area is probably a lot easier than getting it to a specific cache.

I recently took a TB home.

I went to Madeira and London in June. I had a collection of TBs and intended to drop many of them at a London Meet and Greet event.

When I was looking over the goals for the bugs, one bug wanted to go to a specific cache.

and when I saw which one, I knew I had the makings of a nice day away. Caught the train, had a nice hike , picked up some caches and got the little fellow home.

He has since departed to other like-minded ( big trees) caches.

The goals for your coin are totally do-able. Both you and your friend will have a good time monitoring the progress. Your friend will have the gamble of going to grab the coin when it nears home base.

make sure the destination is firmly attached to the travel bug or coin...if you just put it in the description on the coin listing, many folks will not notice it, or will notice too late. Put it there and on the physical item, and am sure some folks will help you.

Great fun! One of my brother's stuffed birds fell asleep in my sister's luggage, and woke up in Maine! Oh, no! Must get her back to Seattle! (This is our story, and we are sticking to it!) Attached a TB, and dropped her in a cache in New Jersey. She made it back to Seattle in two months! My brother retailiated, and attached the TB tag to a Furby purse, and dropped it in Prague, to travel to Maine. It took Furby FAC 5 and a half years, and 15000 miles of travel, but he made it to Maine! So, my sister thought this was a cute idea, and attached the tag to a small bear, and left it in France to travel to New Jersey! Almost two years later Osito is still in Belgium. Hopefully, he'll come back to New Jersey soon. Heaven knows what will happen to him when he gets back home.

Yeah! You can have a lot of fun with this! And special thanks to those who helped Lost Bird, Furby FAC and Osito on his/her travels!

I sent my sister a Fury once. Rather large to fit in caches, and he was rather noisy. But he did make it to Maine! So she tried to sent me back a camouflaged pink lawn flamingo. Unfortunately, he got lost at an event in a bar in New Hampshire. Oh,well. Sometimes it works!