Worst armchair cachers ever!

Well...

Hmmmm...

I presume that you checked that there were no other signatures in the logbook when you signed it?

Sometimes caches are hidden for events without being reviewed and published. Their details are given out on paper to those attending the event. Then later (hopefully) the cache gets published after the event.

If this is not the scenario then I can only say, "Ho hmmmm."

MrsB

It's an outrage! How dare they! Delete those cheating vermin!

How did I know someone would find that? For the record, that log is not from sstich. However, you and that person really need to get different avatars, very confusing. :P

So there is currently no find log from before publishing. My first inclination, and I'll bet I'm right, is someone behind on all their logging from the area around GW simply logged the wrong cache.

I hope the deleted log was from Baad Daata, as that would make for a lovely crossover opportunity for this and the "Deleted logs" thread. Oh, the angst!

That would be beyond awesome! C'mon, one of you reviewer types, tell us who it was. You can use a sock puppet account to post it. :lol:

I'm guessing "honest mistake" myself

This ^

Dude, get a grip, calm down. Someone made a logging error. Their high find count doesn't make them automatically suspect, and not people who, "lie and cheat".

They likely mis-entered a GC Code, all that was needed was (for the cache owner) to nicely inquire if they'd meant to log this particular cache.

If they'd meant to cheat, the log wouldn't have been dated a week before the cache was published.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I'm going to call this the worst wrongly accused thread ever!

It's obvious that the cachers mistakenly logged the wrong cache. Nobody is going to falsely claim they found the cache before it was published.

I can't imagine taking the time to call people vermin in this situation. Chill out.

They likely mis-entered a GC Code, all that was needed was (for the cache owner) to nicely inquire if they'd meant to log this particular cache.

My goodness, I certainly didn't mean to stir things up so much. The logs are gone now, but there were details in one of them that indicated that they did, in fact, mean to log this particular cache. That's why I found them so fishy.

And yes, my friend was inappropriate in his note, I don't disagree with that at all. I'll fuss at him today.

I'm guessing "honest mistake" myself. To call your fellow cachers "vermin" in a log is something that should not be tolerated.

Especially since with the dates involved, it was entirely possible that log could have been legit. It was published Jun 4, but the placed date is May 29, which is usually the date that the cache was submitted, unless the CO corrects it. It's entirely possible that it could have been hidden two days earlier and the logger got a heads up from the CO. This is one of the reasons why people should just let the CO worry about bogus logs. Calling people names on someone elses listing is crass.

Especially since with the dates involved, it was entirely possible that log could have been legit. It was published Jun 4, but the placed date is May 29, which is usually the date that the cache was submitted, unless the CO corrects it. It's entirely possible that it could have been hidden two days earlier and the logger got a heads up from the CO. This is one of the reasons why people should just let the CO worry about bogus logs. Calling people names on someone elses listing is crass.

In fairness, the log was blank when we signed it in the FTF spot... I obviously would have felt differently if there had been other signatures before ours. And as someone above pointed out, I wasn't the one who posted that note... but I just let him know, and he'll be deleting it.

Edited by sstich79

I'm guessing "honest mistake" myself. To call your fellow cachers "vermin" in a log is something that should not be tolerated.

I dunno. Serial "TFTC" only loggers? That's a tough call, man. I could possibly roll with Vermin on that one. :blink:

In fairness, the log was blank when we signed it in the FTF spot... I obviously would have felt differently if there had been other signatures before ours. And as someone above pointed out, I wasn't the one who posted that note... but I just let him know, and he'll be deleting it.

Yes. But are you two going to get different avatars? C'mon, just kidding, and trying to lighten up the mood in here. :huh:

I'm guessing "honest mistake" myself

This ^

Dude, get a grip, calm down. Someone made a logging error. Their high find count doesn't make them automatically suspect, and not people who, "lie and cheat".

I agree. But was it Baad Data? Inquiring minds want to know if it was Baad Data. :ph34r:

Well, on www.fiverr.com there is someone in Devon, UK that will sign you into any local geocache for $5. I've heard of similar posts on Craigslist.

This takes armchair caching to a new level. With your username in the logbook, it is completely legal, and would satisfy most Puritan Couchpotato loggers! :D

Five dollars a cache? Man, I need to raise my rates! :blink:

How about, say, for $10, you bring them the log of one of your geocaches for them to sign? Extra fees for higher D/T.