Where's the cache

Unless there's something else in the area that isn't shown in the photo, I would not hide a cache in the area. I need to ask "What's special about the area that you brought me here?"

Places other cachers might hide a cache are:

lamp post skirt - lame

guardrail - lame

electrical equipment - not recommended, safety concern

chain link fence - permission required if modifying post cap

stop sign - lame

micro pushed into lawn - evil (what's the point?)

What's the building in the background? If that's a school, it's a no go.

I would do a five part multi, starting with the lamp post and working to the beginning end of the guardrail. Looks like a good view of the hillside from that spot.

like this one? Starts with a guard rail and ends with a rock wall. Also has a bench, lamp post and is near a power box. All 5 elements of a great hide! Tribute cache to me for sarcastic friendly reasons.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e60e4acf-afc0-4dac-a430-d120c6aff384

that picture cache also has those posts which are possible depending on their top.

The two metal posts in front of the electrical box appear to be hollow. Micro on the end of a steel rod inserted into the post.

Those are actually PVC pipes filled with cement with about 2" of empty space at the top. Adding a PVC cap to each would be another spot.

The electrical box could either be a spot for a fake electrical outlet or a magnetic "number sheet" with a plastic baggie behind it.

The building in the distance is not a school. You can't really see it in the photo but there is d dumpster in the parking lot next to it.

Someone else mentioned a rock wall. You can see a large area with rocks beyond the stop sign and the area from the nearby chainlink fence has rocks along a slope down to the road (for that needle in a haystack micro hide).

Just to be clear, I would never hide a cache in this area either, but there is, in fact, a cache hidden in a spot in the photo. When I saw the spot I just had to take a picture as it shows just about every lame hiding spot there is all in one place.

there is, in fact, a cache hidden in a spot in the photo. When I saw the spot I just had to take a picture as it shows just about every lame hiding spot there is all in one place.

How did they ever choose!

a rock wall would make it perfect though.

Look to the right of the stop sign and just above the guard rail next to it. It's more of a rock slope than a roll wall but it would serve the purpose of a needle in a haystack. Oh, I forgot to mention. The area is at the edge of a mall.

I figured this one would be hard to find with all the great hiding places available. But then i took a closer look at the picture and spotted the cache pretty easily. Cool hide! :lol:

2ce080b6-5e16-4aeb-bc9f-5097d62fbc2a.jpg

I thought so too, but when I opened up the ammo can it turned out to be a decoy. The electrical box is actually a fake. The whole thing lifts up and there's an altoids tin inside.

I once taught a Wherigo 101 cart writing class, held in a library meet room.

For class demonstration purposes, I wrote a cart, Tour de Parking Lot.

It included getting some numbers off a Large Padmount Transformer - the coolest, most special and sexy Large Padmount Transformer in-a-parking-lot evah! and other assorted stupidities. This to illustrate how to write multiple choice, true false, and fill in the blank questions in Wherigo cart.

:ph34r: I sure hope nobody went home built a Wherigo cart that require regurgitating numbers from electrical equipment

The two metal posts in front of the electrical box appear to be hollow. Micro on the end of a steel rod inserted into the post.

Those are actually PVC pipes filled with cement with about 2" of empty space at the top. Adding a PVC cap to each would be another spot.

I'd fabricate me some hollow cement plugs then, with space underneath for a container, and put one on each pipe. I'd do both (only one with the cache) so they look the same.

The electrical box could either be a spot for a fake electrical outlet or a magnetic "number sheet" with a plastic baggie behind it.

The only thing I would add to this is to make it fairly low so geocaching kids could get to it easier too. :o Of course I'm kidding, nobody here really thinks it's okay to put a cache on an electric utility do they?

there is, in fact, a cache hidden in a spot in the photo. When I saw the spot I just had to take a picture as it shows just about every lame hiding spot there is all in one place.
How did they ever choose!
Maybe they didn't choose any of them. I've found a few caches that were hidden near multiple "obvious locations", which which didn't use any of the "obvious locations". It can take a while to look beyond those "obvious locations" and see the cache that's right before your eyes.

The only thing I would add to this is to make it fairly low so geocaching kids could get to it easier too. :o Of course I'm kidding, nobody here really thinks it's okay to put a cache on an electric utility do they?

Not everybody, but most people "here" do not think it's okay. The mainstream masses of urban Geocachers, both hiders and seekers of such a cache? They have no problem with it whatsoever. :ph34r: