Time for reviewing

Up to a week is generally considered acceptable. Good is within three days.

From time to time we have some problems with abandoned categories, but this seems not to be the case here because you had another one approved.

Maybe your submission has gone to group vote. You can see this in the top red line on the waymark page. A vote can get "stuck in limbo". Then an officer has to visit the group page to free it.

Check if your waymark is just unpublished or in a vote and then send an email to the most active officer and ask to help you, either review or free the stuck vote.

When nothing happens, then user Checkmark can help. He is a Groundspeak lackey with the magic powers to solve these problems, but I think it's too early to go that way.

Bonjour Fil67,

on va le faire en français, ce sera plus simple... <_<

En rouge, j'ai juste cette ligne au-dessus de mon descriptif: "This waymark has not been published by the category group yet".

De plus j'ai mis un "Flag Counter" sur la page qui m'indique uniquement que ma visite et donc on peut supposer que la page n'a pas encore été regardée.

Cela me fait penser à une catégorie qui serait "abandonnée"...

A noter aussi que celle qui avait été appouvée très vite n'est pas dans cette catégorie. La publiée est dans "amusement parks" alors que celle en attente est dans "Landlocked Lighthouses" (c'est la phare des baleines sur l'île de Ré)

Wait and see?

A+

Philippe (NoidaTeam)

Bonjour Fil67,

on va le faire en français, ce sera plus simple... <_<

En rouge, j'ai juste cette ligne au-dessus de mon descriptif: "This waymark has not been published by the category group yet".

De plus j'ai mis un "Flag Counter" sur la page qui m'indique uniquement que ma visite et donc on peut supposer que la page n'a pas encore été regardée.

Cela me fait penser à une catégorie qui serait "abandonnée"...

A noter aussi que celle qui avait été appouvée très vite n'est pas dans cette catégorie. La publiée est dans "amusement parks" alors que celle en attente est dans "Landlocked Lighthouses" (c'est la phare des baleines sur l'île de Ré)

Wait and see?

A+

Philippe (NoidaTeam)

Si tu veux, peut-être ce sera plus simple pour toi, mais je vraiment préfère l'anglais...

Je n'ai pas compris que l'autre waymark était dans une differente catégorie.

"This waymark has not been published by the category group yet" vet dire qu'il n'y avait pas de vote, alors pas de "limbo". J'ai regardé le groupe et je propose d'envoyer un message à Ambrosia. Elle est l'officière plus active dans ce groupe et très gentille, mais quelquefois elle est empêchée de revoir les nouveaux waymarks pour un certain temps. Il faut être patient.

Les "Flag counter" ne sont pas très populaire ici, ce n'est pas une bonne idée. C'est bien reconnu dans la page de profil, mais pas dans la description d'un waymark.

Et la prochaine fois en anglais, s'il te plaît ! Ou allemand ou espagnol...

Edited by fi67

Oups,

sorry, but i've made a confusion with a french geocacher "fil67" (one letter more than your pseudo :rolleyes: )and i'm going to speak my english...

Thanks for the message you'll send to Ambrosia.

I've just to be patient now and i'll get out my flag counter...

Thanks for all

Philippe (noidateam)

The published guidelines say that a waymark should be reviewed within 72 hours.

A vast majority of them are.

There are also some categories that are very slow. The officers have lost interest in Waymarking and have not been responsible enough to recruit active waymarkers to help run the category. Unless a category has been totally abandoned, there is not much we can do.

After a week, I will often send a note to the category leader, or to whomever seems to be the most active officer, and ask for help. Usually, this brings a response, but it is frustrating always to have to write these notes for certain categories. I have a couple of waymarks pending in a certain category beyond ten days, and notes to two of the three officers have brought no response. So, I may have to take this to the next step of asking for intervention from Groundspeak.

Maybe your submission has gone to group vote. You can see this in the top red line on the waymark page. A vote can get "stuck in limbo". Then an officer has to visit the group page to free it.

It says in red, "This waymark has not been published by the category group yet." at the top of the page for each of two waymarks I submitted on March 23. Does that mean it has gone to group vote or just that the waymarks haven't been reviewed yet.

Thanks.

I got two waymarks declined today in the same category, with the brief explanation "This waymark already exists."

The problem is that the items were NOT already waymarked when I submitted them. The review process has been slow (at least one month) in that category, and therefore I wasn't aware the items had already been submitted and waiting and waiting for a review.

Not happy that my time was wasted. A quicker review process could help avoid this frustration!

Edited by Max and 99

I got two waymarks declined today in the same category, with the brief explanation "This waymark already exists."

The problem is that the items were NOT already waymarked when I submitted them. The review process has been slow (at least one month) in that category, and therefore I wasn't aware the items had already been submitted and waiting and waiting for a review.

Not happy that my time was wasted. A quicker review process could help avoid this frustration!

I'm with you on this one, especially where the waymark only fits in one category and I have waymarked several in an area only to find out later, much later in some cases, that someone beat me to them. Makes me want to avoid the category in the future.

And on another note, congrats on reaching 2000 waymarks.

I try to publish every waymark submitted to my 70 categories within 12 hours. Some people perhaps have not the time for that but it's not that hard work to add another active officer. It's annoying to beg inactive officers to get an invitation for the category. If this happens (80% give no answer) than you have to beg again for the officer up. Often i got the answers that no other officers are needed. For them, one or two months waiting timr is no problem. :yikes: Why I'm doing that? Reviewing waymarks is fun for me, i learn many about the whole world and i think a fast publish makes the waymarkers happy :laughing:

@Max and 99: I can only speek for categories I'm in and in these cats there will be no problems. Also I'm looking for the dates the waymarks were submited.

Was wondering if there is a problem with some of my submitted waymarks within the West Virginia Historical Markers. It is now July 5. I submitted 6 waymarks for review on May 29 and 8 waymarks for review on June 5. I have not received any emails as to the reason that were not approved. In the past the ones I have submitted for review have been approved with a week. Thanks for the help.

The vote on this waymark's status has not completed yet.

Australian Historical Markers

3/17/2012 1:39:31 PM

Am still waiting and have been so since it was initally presented this particular comment has been since about 3 day after the posting of the waymark so frustration in Waymarking has increased to me not wanting to mark other items of interest.

Am still waiting and have been so since it was initally presented this particular comment has been since about 3 day after the posting of the waymark so frustration in Waymarking has increased to me not wanting to mark other items of interest.

This is due to a bug, we call it "stuck in limbo". Three days after the vote a submission is either approved or denied, sometimes this does not happen. Then an officer has to visit the GROUP PAGE to free it (not the category page). I guess most officers know about it, but there may be exceptions. You should ask one of the officers to help you, if no one answers you can send a message to Checkmark: http://www.Waymarking.com/users/profile.aspx?f=1&guid=1c8713d0-87b6-4f26-b155-b2963f460840&mypage=1&gt=2.

He can also help when a submission is not reviewed at all after a while. But I would suggest you first try to contact an officer.

This is unfortunate, but is really due to a technical glitch in the system that has yet to be corrected.

Each waymark, as you know, is reviewed by on "officer" in the category group. Sometimes that person feels that the entire group of officers should review the waymark and make a collective decision. When the waymark is sent to the group for a vote, the vote may take a very short time if all officers vote quickly, but the voting period ends in three days. At that time the waymark should be released as either accepted or declined.

The bug in the system sometimes prevents this from happening, though, and it just sits there in limbo, as fi67 says. The category management group (officers) have no way of knowing that this has happened. So, unfortunately, we have to send a note to the group leader or other active officer requesting that they manually release the waymark from the voting process. As mentioned, that means just visiting the group page which automatically releases it. (This is the only work-around that the Groundspeak technical team has been able or willing to implement. I don't know if we will ever see a true fix to this very annoying bug).

So, please don't let this bug discourage you from Waymarking. It shouldn't happen to often, and is fairly easily dealt with.

...The bug in the system sometimes prevents this from happening, though, and it just sits there in limbo, as fi67 says...

I would say 'ever'. If a vote takes the whole three days the result hast to be freed by an officer at the group page. I freed many the last months.

This is unfortunate, but is really due to a technical glitch in the system that has yet to be corrected.

Each waymark, as you know, is reviewed by on "officer" in the category group. Sometimes that person feels that the entire group of officers should review the waymark and make a collective decision. When the waymark is sent to the group for a vote, the vote may take a very short time if all officers vote quickly, but the voting period ends in three days. At that time the waymark should be released as either accepted or declined.

The bug in the system sometimes prevents this from happening, though, and it just sits there in limbo, as fi67 says. The category management group (officers) have no way of knowing that this has happened. So, unfortunately, we have to send a note to the group leader or other active officer requesting that they manually release the waymark from the voting process. As mentioned, that means just visiting the group page which automatically releases it. (This is the only work-around that the Groundspeak technical team has been able or willing to implement. I don't know if we will ever see a true fix to this very annoying bug).

So, please don't let this bug discourage you from Waymarking. It shouldn't happen to often, and is fairly easily dealt with.

I have a pair of waymarks that got shipped off to WM Purgatory by this glitch. An email to Silverquill and Hikenutty helped free one of them within HOURS -- and I expect the other one will also see the light of day promptly.

I also have a couple of waymarks stuck in "awaiting review" Limbo -- one (Kroger Stores) has absentee officers, and the other (Noodle Shops) I think has a language barrier problem. I have sent several emails, but no answers.

Such can be a WM life sometimes :)