Do You Revisit Logs?

I sometimes do but mostly if someone needs help on a cache and I read my log to help remember which one it was.

A good reason to write 'About your experience' and not just log it as "TFTC" :laughing:

Yes, I read my past logs.

Your right. The only times I do that is when there isn't anything nice to say about the spot or specific cacher's caches.

Frequently...very frequently, and now that one's found log/date appears on the right side of found cache pages...it makes it really easy. Good fun & great memories.

Bill

Even easier, go to your profile, under show all logs for: select the type of logs you want to review. (Geocache, Travel bugs, Benchmarks.) It will list all the caches you've found, and you can just click on "View Log". Lots quicker then going to each cache page.

I often will go back and read my logs, it's almost like looking at a photo album of a vacation. Lots of memories.

I also look at caches I have found to see who has found them, and (hopefully) how they felt about them.(more then TFTC) I do this just about every day.

I used to go to all the caches I have found daily, but that takes too long anymore, so I usually just check out a random bunch that I really enjoyed.

I'll look at logs after I found certain hides, usually higher terrain/difficult access and see who's hitting them. I like to see that not all are getting the numbers bug and curious if they'd hit my area, if they were presented with similar. Have to start asking.

I sometimes read my old logs, usually from (by now) archived hides and have noticed I was wordier then. Not really sure what that means.

I go back and read logs quite often. We post a lot of pictures so it is fun to review them.

I also check on the trackables we move. Again, we take lots of pictures and try to give the trackable a fun adventure while it is with us, so I sort of become attached to them. I check in to see where they have moved, to make sure they are still moving. It makes me sad when they go missing - especially if it's right after we've dropped them in a cache. Like this Canadian Geocoin - a miraculous rescue, only to have it pocketed <_<

I enjoy reading my old logs. Two cases that come to mind:

- I repeat a hike to find the new caches that have been hidden along that route since I last did it. I enjoy comparing my trip times and experience from years ago against my current experience to see how my fitness level has improved.

- I DNF'ed a cache in the past and I want to reference my previous experience in the current log. "Finally glad to get back here to make amends for my DNF four years ago."

Yes absolutely, i love going over old logs. Both those i've written and those appended to my geocaches.

They provide a valuable insight sometimes to help me re-rate a cache if i've rated it too easy, or if there is a lot of litter or foot tracks building up at the site, also just some good old fashioned feel good logs are good to read.

I can also get a quick 'geofix' by reading logs and geocahe listings if i don't have time to go geocaching.

>I ordered her own GPS.

great so it wasent a wasted day after all..

you know all those nice new phones, they got a GPS inside,

just need a few $ worth program and you can go caching again,

and you know what, you can even call and say : hey I am late..