Pet Peeve

steben6

I buy a bunch of geocoins from different places, and one of my pet peeves is when they arrive and the coin flips have been taped to something. I know a lot of people tape them to keep them more secure in the envelopes, but the tape ALWAYS leaves adhesive on the coin flip. Would be much better to place paper or bubble wrap around the coin and put the tape on that instead of directly on the coin flip. Just sayin....and thanks for letting me vent a little!

Can I append my name to this rant too?

Have you tried sending a note to the sellers indicating how their tape job, though considerate, is actually destroying the coin flips? It is very possible they do not know that tape adhesive has a higher affinity for the material coin flips are made of than the tape they come with.

Can I append my name to this rant too?

Have you tried sending a note to the sellers indicating how their tape job, though considerate, is actually destroying the coin flips? It is very possible they do not know that tape adhesive has a higher affinity for the material coin flips are made of than the tape they come with.

I haven't emailed anybody directly, but I think I will do that from now on when I buy one, before they send it. I don't mean to sound like I am ranting and I know that the people who do tape the coin flips are just not aware of the problem and do mean well!

I put all mine in an old bubble mailer cut to size. I need the bulk so that I can use delivery confirmation. I do get a few that are taped. The last one I remember was from an "older" coiner and I remember thinking they should have known better. I don't remember who it was and I probably should have emailed whoever it was at the time.

A none acetone nail polish remover does the job, my biggest pet peeve is when they cut the flips in half! :mad: I recently received 3 coins from an Ebay seller and they cut all of the flips in half?!?!?

Oh, yeah, that just happened to me to from an eplace seller. Wonder if it's the same one? :wacko: Couldn't really figure out why they cut the flips in half. :lostsignal:

A none acetone nail polish remover does the job, my biggest pet peeve is when they cut the flips in half! :mad: I recently received 3 coins from an Ebay seller and they cut all of the flips in half?!?!?

Oh, yeah, that just happened to me to from an eplace seller. Wonder if it's the same one? :wacko: Couldn't really figure out why they cut the flips in half. :lostsignal:

Wonder if it's so that the weight doesn't go up to the next oz so he wouldn't have to pay more postage? A lot of times mine might be 2.1 oz so I pay the 3 oz rate. Wouldn't have even thought of cutting the flip though.

I hate it when Heineken goes to sleep at the top of the bed with his tail pointed towards me and lets one....wait a minute...what's that...pet peeve and not a peeve with your pet............never mind :anicute:

ILYK

Yes that is a problem I have dealt with also. Haven't figured out the answer though to fix it. If you do figure it out let me know.... :lol:

This shouldn't upset you too much. I say this because those flips are the enemies of your coins. I have checked this in several different places and the flips that come with your coins will destroy them. Vinyl gives off small traces of acidic gas and over time it will corrode your coins. All coins that you buy and want to keep for any length of time should be moved to mylar flips (one brand is called Saflips) or some other form of safe storage. That being said, cutting flips in half is a very bad sales/promotional technique. Even if it saves on postage, it will upset customers and overall hurt sales.