A cache in your memory...

dorqie

So my BF and I met because of geocaching, and we cache together just about every day.

We were out caching in the middle of nowhere yesterday, when my epilepsy started bothering me. Jokingly, my bf said "If you die, I'll place a cache out here in your memory." I looked up at him (because by this point, I was on the ground) and replied with a stutter "Just please don't make me a micro!"

Just now my bf texted me to ask if I knew when he last took his allergy meds, cause he thinks he may have taken a second pill too early, I replied "it won't kill you"

His response "If it does, I want my cache to be a 5gallon drum in the middle of the woods"

If you could design a cache in your own memory, what would it be?

So my BF and I met because of geocaching, and we cache together just about every day.

We were out caching in the middle of nowhere yesterday, when my epilepsy started bothering me. Jokingly, my bf said "If you die, I'll place a cache out here in your memory." I looked up at him (because by this point, I was on the ground) and replied with a stutter "Just please don't make me a micro!"

Just now my bf texted me to ask if I knew when he last took his allergy meds, cause he thinks he may have taken a second pill too early, I replied "it won't kill you"

His response "If it does, I want my cache to be a 5gallon drum in the middle of the woods"

A giant shrine on top of a mountain. Pull the arm down, and a secret passage opens. Once inside the passage, you need to solve several riddles to release the final cache which was hidden in the wall.

And the container is an ammo can.

Filled with matchstick containers.

And those are filled with nano's. Yea that pretty much sums me up.

Your dying words: "Just please don't make me a micro!"

I love that. And I totally agree.

I'm pretty sure I'd want my memorial cache to be placed somewhere scenic -- either an awe-inspiring view or a contemplative view.

Because my favourite cache type is the letterbox hybrid I'd like it to be an LB with a handcarved stamp. I have a self-portrait stamp of myself when I was in my 20s so maybe that could go in the box (forever young).

Edited by Lone R

A large ammo box with vials of my ashes as travel bugs. :laughing:

That occurred to me as well. I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! What better way to travel the world after death... and, of course, tell your family that every year on your birthday they have to travel to wherever your ashes are and place flowers on the cache... :anibad:

A large ammo box with vials of my ashes as travel bugs. :laughing:

That occurred to me as well. I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! What better way to travel the world after death... and, of course, tell your family that every year on your birthday they have to travel to wherever your ashes are and place flowers on the cache... :anibad:

They're some already out there...

Uncle Elwyn

Original Leslie

Jerry's Great Adventures

I rather like this idea, too...

All that's left of Grandpa

MrsB ;)