Nasty suprises

Did a cache yesterday. Great hiding spot. Coords spot on. Went to take the log out of the container and noticed loads of White power. Was a bit weary as I tried to sign the log. Someone had put a water balloon filled with 'whatever' powder that had burst.

I'm fairly new to geocaching, but replaced cache put maintenance note up. The owner hadn't acknowledge it so sent a message to a reviewer who has disabled it. I was hoping it was talc, but it did make me wonder. I tried to empty it's contents in the bushes.

Makes you think why someone would think that was funny, especially if a child had got to it first.

Did a cache yesterday. Great hiding spot. Coords spot on. Went to take the log out of the container and noticed loads of White power. Was a bit weary as I tried to sign the log. Someone had put a water balloon filled with 'whatever' powder that had burst.

I'm fairly new to geocaching, but replaced cache put maintenance note up. The owner hadn't acknowledge it so sent a message to a reviewer who has disabled it. I was hoping it was talc, but it did make me wonder. I tried to empty it's contents in the bushes.

Makes you think why someone would think that was funny, especially if a child had got to it first.

When I was in girl guides (canadian girl scouts) one of our craft projects was to make a "stress ball" out of balloons and sand. Maybe this was a kids craft project?

Isn't a 'water balloon' filled with...water? :unsure:

Maybe it was climber's chalk.

If you didn't bring in a sample, we'll never know.

Much worse has been found in a cache, including (in my case) the contents of a well-used cat-box.

Other items/materials reported:

Human excrement

Urine

A loaded pistol

Eat-Stay-Play tokens

Other items/materials reported:

Eat-Stay-Play tokens

What's wrong with those?

Using Geocaching (and Geocachers) to advertise your website (without paying to have a regular advertisement on the site) is tacky IMNSHO.

The new GEICO geckos are also lame, but presumably a fee was paid to Groundspeak to help support the game.

I suppose it's really just my personal issue...

Oh geez, here we go again...

Trying to stay on topic and not fill a personal vendetta that has long since been an issue IMNSHO, cigarettes seem to pop up in caches that I find a lot recently. It bugs the heck out of me, especially since I'm kinda hoping my young son will get into geocaching someday. You know, once he can walk and stuff.

Oh geez, here we go again...

Trying to stay on topic and not fill a personal vendetta that has long since been an issue IMNSHO, cigarettes seem to pop up in caches that I find a lot recently. It bugs the heck out of me, especially since I'm kinda hoping my young son will get into geocaching someday. You know, once he can walk and stuff.

Agreed.

Not a big fan of live ammo either.

If I found a firearm in a cache (which I wouldn't seeing as how I'm in a country where people don't all need to go about armed... :laughing:) then I'd (a) not touch it, and (B ) report it immediately to the local police, on the grounds that it may be a murder weapon that someone has tried to dispose of and get someone else's fingerprints on :o . But then, I'm a suspicious type.

Edited by sshipway

The white powdered made you tired? Then it probably wasn't cocaine. :)

I've found far worse in a cache.

If I found a firearm in a cache (which I wouldn't seeing as how I'm in a country where people don't all need to go about armed... :laughing:) then I'd (a) not touch it, and (B ) report it immediately to the local police, on the grounds that it may be a murder weapon that someone has tried to dispose of and get someone else's fingerprints on :o . But then, I'm a suspicious type.

If I found one, it might be a good, off the matrix... forget it.

I hope it was something like that. I had my daughter with me too when I found it and she was in the pram. If sand had come out I wouldn't have been so concerned. Let's hope it was. We may never know. ;p

Kind of reminds me of the South Park trilogy - "Terrorists have invaded our imagination"...

Using Geocaching (and Geocachers) to advertise your website (without paying to have a regular advertisement on the site) is tacky IMNSHO.

"Tacky" isn't even close to "nasty." I know it all depends on your perspective, but IMNSHO a few tokens are right under "Paperclip" on the list of nasty things to find in a cache.