Is it me or is something going on with Geocaching.com

Both yesterday and today I have been trying to register my finds after a weekend in York. Every time I try to go into a different page it takes about 3 minutes to come up. When the page comes up with the map showing all the caches they don't seem to be in the right place. It took me 20 minutes last night just to log one find, and its taken 10 just to post this.

Any ideas???

I have been on to other websites since and they are loading instantaneously which is why I thought I would post the question here as it only seems to be a problem on Geocaching.com

Tracy

It took me 20 minutes last night just to log one find, and its taken 10 just to post this.

All working fine for me, and bear in mind that the Geocaching.com site is on different servers to this forum, so usually if one is slow it wouldn't affect the other.

Sounds like it might be a problem at your end, but then if everything else is working ok ????

The site was extremely slow on Sunday and yesterday for me, although the forum servers were fine. Obviously the new hamsters were of an inferior quality to their predecessors. (They just don't make hamsters like that anymore?)

Sunday is a busy day.... In the UK alone, 96 caches have a placed date of 29/05/2011 and there were 10,754 new logs posted on caches that day (in the UK). Multiply that up world wide and you have a lot of very tired hamsters :blink:

It's very strange it's the only site that I am having problems with even the home page is taking ages to come up and when I eventually get the map of my home area its not showing my finds and there are even some missing on the page which I know should be there and I haven't found. The little cache symbols are not matching up with where they should be on the map (if that makes sense). I have never known it to be like this.

We have had problems with the website since friday. Grindingly slow for long periods, then a respite for a few minutes then back to watching the wheel spinning slowly. Geocaching.com is the only website affected. We have spoken with cachers in other parts of the country and they have not experienced any discernible interruption (other than the usual sunday logging slow down).

There were a good few days before the most recent update when the cache icons were certainly not in the right places, but if you did a refresh they would re-appear again - but in different places and still not in the right places. You could go on doing this for ages if you were totally bored and not frustrated like I was at the time - 2 days and nearly 60 caches to log at the time :mad:

I wonder if the Hamsters are planning on forming a union, then an all out strike is always a possibility - Oh Heck!

Edited by pompey4x4