Washington State Reviewers

Rose Red

Team Misguided retired as of mid-May 2011. Who are the other Washington State Reviewers? There are several caches in the Clark County area that need maintenance or archived.

So post needs maintaince or needs archive logs on the cache page. a NM log will alert the cache owner, a NA log will alert the reviewers. Simple. :)

Team Misguided retired as of mid-May 2011. Who are the other Washington State Reviewers? There are several caches in the Clark County area that need maintenance or archived.

So post needs maintaince or needs archive logs on the cache page. a NM log will alert the cache owner, a NA log will alert the reviewers. Simple. :)

So post needs maintaince or needs archive logs on the cache page.

A NM log will alert the cache owner

A NA log will alert the cache owner, and the reviewers. :P

Or check out who published the recent caches, and contact them, if you don't want to be seen posting a NA on the cache page.

So post needs maintaince or needs archive logs on the cache page.

A NM log will alert the cache owner

A NA log will alert the cache owner, and the reviewers. :P

Or check out who published the recent caches, and contact them, if you don't want to be seen posting a NA on the cache page.

<_<:blink::o:laughing:

I went to the 'Hide and Seek a cache' page.

I entered 'Washington' in the search by state option.

I scrolled down to the most recent physical cache published in Washington (it's in Snoqualmie).

The reviewer is/was Rock Rabbit.

I don't know if he is currently just filling in or what, but I'll bet he can address your issues.

Rock Rabbit is one of WA's primary reviewers, and SHE is quite responsive.

The other active WA reviewers are:

Ice and Wind

Cascade Reviewer

Wizard of Ooze

The 4 other Reviewers that I know of are:

Ice & Wind

Rock Rabbit

Wizard of Ooz

Cascade Reviewer

Scubasonic

Edited by Scubasonic

The 4 other Reviewers that I know of are:

Ice & Wind

Rock Rabbit

Wizard of Ooz

Cascade Reviewer

Scubasonic

I never knew you were a reviewer! :surprise:

As mentioned Rock Rabbit, and there is Cascade Reviwer, Wizard of Ooze , Ice and Wind and I think there is another one but I don't recall the name right now.

Cascade reviewer is a fill-in reviewer, as stated in his/hers profile.

I scrolled down to the most recent physical cache published in Washington (it's in Snoqualmie).

I don't know if he is currently just filling in or what, but I'll bet he can address your issues.

Ice and Wind

Cascade Reviewer

Wizard of Ooze

Rock rabbits a she???? Her profile pic looks awful lot like a man.

It's not that simple. Cachers have posted maintenance notes but nothing has been done. The owners disappeared a long time ago. And the reviewer has retired. That is why I posted the forum query.

Ice and Wind

Cascade Reviewer

Wizard of Ooze

cross dresser? :rolleyes: No, she had a coming out party, sort of, at the dunk tank at the block party. But then again she might have been a stand in for the real Rock Rabbit. Actually all the reviewers are very nice ladies.

Ice and Wind

Cascade Reviewer

Wizard of Ooze

cross dresser? :rolleyes: No, she had a coming out party, sort of, at the dunk tank at the block party. But then again she might have been a stand in for the real Rock Rabbit. Actually all the reviewers are very nice ladies.

So what your saying is that decoy rock rabbit was going to a party while the real rock rabbit was publishing some caches? :laughing:

It's not that simple. Cachers have posted maintenance notes but nothing has been done. The owners disappeared a long time ago. And the reviewer has retired. That is why I posted the forum query.

A common misconception. A Needs Maintenance log only goes to the cache owner. If owner chooses not to respond, so be it. Unless a reviewer does a PQ sweep for NM's and disabled caches they have no knowledge of the situation. The Needs Archive log *DOES* generate an email to the reviewer community. Perhaps what you need to do with unanswered needs maintenance logs asking for the owner maintenance and/or response is to file a NA log.

A common misconception. A Needs Maintenance log only goes to the cache owner. If owner chooses not to respond, so be it. Unless a reviewer does a PQ sweep for NM's and disabled caches they have no knowledge of the situation. The Needs Archive log *DOES* generate an email to the reviewer community. Perhaps what you need to do with unanswered needs maintenance logs asking for the owner maintenance and/or response is to file a NA log.

I was under the impression that a Needs Archived goes to the reviewer that approved the cache which in this case has retired. Or a reviewer covers a certain area of the state. I did not understand that a NA would go to the entire Washington State reviewer community.

I was under the impression that a Needs Archived goes to the reviewer that approved the cache which in this case has retired. Or a reviewer covers a certain area of the state. I did not understand that a NA would go to the entire Washington State reviewer community.

I'm sure that Groundspeak has things setup so if a reviewer retires not all the email goes into the bit bucket. That might be the case if you send an email via the reviewers profile page but I'm would be surprised that if you used a NA log it would go into the bit bucket. Perhaps one of the reviewers would be so kind as to clarify this point.

Edit: It seems the moderator for this forum is now Tarn_Loon.

Another edit: I've seen caches published by Rock Rabbit but archived by Team Misguided. I am also aware of a cache published by Keystone, a PA reviewer, that was archived by Team Misguided. So either they are passing them around some how, or there is a common queue they are drawn out of. But the other question is what about the caches that Team Misguided started the archive process on, disabling and the fix it or lose it message, do they now hang in limbo or have these been turned over to one of the other reviewers.

Edited by jholly

It is that simple. You post an NA log. The Reviewer will post a note giving them 30 days (usually) to fix it. After that time has passed, and if nothing has happened, the cache(s) get archived. Then someone, (you maybe) will have to go out and pick up the caches.

Knowledge Books → Geocaching → More Site Functionality → Needs Archived Note

The confusion was the OP thought the NA only went to the reviewer that published the cache. If the reviewer retires the message would disappear into cyberspace. Perhaps if the KB article said that the NA message goes to the list of all reviewers for the area would have cleared up that point.

Edited by jholly

ive put NM logs on a few caches here in yakima and when they go un-fixed (is that a word) i used to send a note to the reviewer and they would usually disable for 30days and then archive unless the CO fixed the cache. once i did this and the reviewer came back to me basically saying dont bug him with the NM issue. so then i started to put NA log after its been disabled or has had multiple DNF's. 9/10 times it takes another 30 days at least for the reviewer to post anything. and in the mean time the CO usually sends me a nasty email telling me to butt out of his caches, and at this time this CO has multiple caches with many DNF's and he has even wrote notes stating "will be fixed in the next 2 days" well they are still un-fixed and its been over 2 months. so , personally think the NM,NA notes are a joke. i even had one of my caches go MIA and just to see what would be said to me i posted a noted that i will fix it when i get to it and didnt disable it. but its since been archived by me. just my .02 cents worth.