best container

Overall, the venerable ammo can is the best container.

Yet, there are certain situations and locations where an ammo can is not appropriate. :o

Nobody can make a serious recommendation without actually visiting the location.

That being said, the 'biggest waterproof container that can be securely hidden at the site' is the final answer.

Ammo cans are virtually indestructible and generally very waterproof. Several of us have found them after fires have burned through the area... contents burned or melted, but the can still intact.

Lock 'n Locks are about as watertight, but they can crack in cold weather and from what I hear, plastics don't hold up well in high UV climates like Arizona/Nevada.

In my neck of the woods (Minnesota) at least, well-cleansed peanut butter and mayo jars hold up pretty darned well, especially considering that they are free.

For micros, bison tubes, metal pill containers from the drugstore, and $1 matchstick containers are probably tops.

Ammo Cans, Lock N Locks, PB Jars = Awesome. I am no longer hiding micros, although I do still own a few. The driest that I have found have been bisons. I tried a match container with an O-ring for one of my caches that you have to fill up with water to retrieve the container, and I just got a report of a wet log... grumble grumble. I will be replacing it with a bison.