How many waypoints can be made in a Multi-Cache?

Team TRKS

I want to publish a Multi-Cache, but I don't know if there is a rule against how many waypoints you can make. I want to make 4 waypoints. Can I do that? Or is it against the Geocaching rules?

The K from TRKS

something to think about: the more stages you have, the more likely one will go missing and make the final impossible to find increasing the chance of increased maintenance.

something to think about: the more stages you have, the more likely one will go missing and make the final impossible to find increasing the chance of increased maintenance.

I did a 21-stage yesterday, but it only had a cache at the final location.

It was more of a 21-stage puzzle I suppose, but it did avoid the problem of having to maintain 21 different cache locations for what is essentially a single cache.

A very well constructed multi.

This is it: http://www.geocachin...47-836679bfb966

have seen a multi where you had to get information from 16 spots (I got the final coords from a friend). Once I did a multi which can vary between 10 and 20 waypoints depending how lucky you got on your selections and had fewer dead ends. I was not very lucky. I cant recall the exact #, but I remember being a long long one, but its one of my favorites once it was over.

As many stages as you want.

Stages of a multi need not be containers. You can use pre-existing objects like signs, monuments, etc. as redirects, or you can place tags. A 25 stage multi can be good times, but if every stage is a container, the maintenance will become a nuisance.

Multis tend to attract fewer cachers than traditionals, but the cachers they attract tend to be cachers of a higher caliber. For me, it's worth the trade-off.

Edited by narcissa