All final pictures now added to Framed wall hanging for my coins!

Doctor A

I wanted to share how I've decided to display the coins I've designed. I really wanted to be able to hang them on the wall, like photos or paintings, especially since they are works of art to me. So I have a friend who has a laser/engraving business, and also is a geocacher so can appreciate coins, and asked him about helping me out with this project. I wanted to have engraving on the mat board, to identify the name of the coins and the year they were minted, and he showed me how he can cut out exactly the pattern of the coins, so that they're held securely in the mat board. At first I'd thought about taking them to a framing shop and just asking them to do squares or circles around the coins, but this is SOOOO much better, to have the actual coin design lasered out and so no white space showing around the coins like I thought I was going to have. Anyway, the first one was finished last night and I thought I'd share how it came out. The other two coins that I designed will be done probably later this week.

d3db86d0-cd94-4334-93fa-8af9f5d7076b.jpg

Edited by Eartha

I wanted to share how I've decided to display the coins I've designed. I really wanted to be able to hang them on the wall, like photos or paintings, especially since they are works of art to me. So I have a friend who has a laser/engraving business, and also is a geocacher so can appreciate coins, and asked him about helping me out with this project. I wanted to have engraving on the mat board, to identify the name of the coins and the year they were minted, and he showed me how he can cut out exactly the pattern of the coins, so that they're held securely in the mat board. At first I'd thought about taking them to a framing shop and just asking them to do squares or circles around the coins, but this is SOOOO much better, to have the actual coin design lasered out and so no white space showing around the coins like I thought I was going to have. Anyway, the first one was finished last night and I thought I'd share how it came out. The other two coins that I designed will be done probably later this week.

That is very nice. I am sure they will look awesome.

That's really awesome. I see a side business opportunity there. Maybe I'll look closer at getting a laser engraver/cutter.

Well here is a picture of my cat coins framed. My friend engraved the kitties around the edge, making them overhang a little into the back layer and then I laid the coins out in this pattern to show all six finishes and the back of two of the finishes. I'm super pleased with how it came out. If anyone wants to do something like this with your own coins, rwfairbanks if my friends caching name, feel free to contact him!

0698c0bd-1044-43b2-92d5-c84fc5d1b4e0.jpg

(Sorry about the reflections that make it look like there are some stray lines mainly on the right side fo the picture- I had a hard time getting a good picture without reflections!)

Edited by Doctor A

The final project- my breast cancer angel geocoin. I'm missing one finish so will add that final coin in soon, but wanted to go ahead and put it together. It came out great. Not sure you can see in the pictures, because they're purposely done not filled in, but there's a line of ribbons on the top and bottom teal outer mat as well.

111951f5-adf7-49b4-98db-d74840de4789.jpg