Souvenirs not showing up

KBLAST

I've been looking at the forums and have seen similar questions, but it's been a while since I've seen this topic come up. How long do we wait for a souvenir to show up that we should have "earned" but it hasn't shown up? And who do we contact to point out the missing souvenir?

Someone posted this question a while back and the answer was that they were "in the process" of getting people caught up... but just last night I received a BRAND NEW souvenir that came on the exact moment it was instituted, which makes me wonder why the same ISN'T true of one of my other souvenirs. The souvenir in question is the Groundspeak HQ souvenir. It was my 1,000th cache on 10/19/10. KBLAST's HQ log

Following the forums regularly, I know many of you hate the souvenirs. Please don't post your dislike of the souvenirs here - I'd like some information about something that I'M enjoying. Take your haterade somewhere else, please. :)

Edited by KBLAST
Since he's asking about the first one on the list, and he still has questions. . .
Questions? contact@geocaching.com

Special

1. Groundspeak Headquarters
  2. Lost & Found Celebration
  3. Original Cache Location
  4. Project A.P.E. Cache
  5. Marination!
  6. GeoCRUSH 2010 Theatre
  7. GeoCRUSH 2010 Dance
  8. GeoCRUSH 2010 Visual Arts
  9. GeoCRUSH 2010 Books & Music
  10. 10/10/10

Yes, getting souvenirs seems inconsistent. I never received the GeoCRUSH 2010 Books & Music one that I earned the week it was available. I followed up with GS, mostly out of curiosity; they verified the three qualifying caches, but I still don't have it. But not that big a deal for me. C'est la vie.

Edited by hydnsek

My 10-10-10 Souvenir showed up immediately, but so far only 9 of the 28 states I have cached in have shown up.

That's because only 18 of the 50 US states souvenirs have been created and released. These are the only states that have been released as of today (Dec. 19):

US States

1. Delaware

2. Pennsylvania

3. New Jersey

4. Georgia

5. Connecticut

6. Massachusetts

7. Maryland

8. South Carolina

9. New Hampshire

10. Virginia

11. New York

12. North Carolina

13. Rhode Island

14. Vermont

15. Kentucky

16. Tennessee

17. Ohio

18. Louisiana

If you've found a cache in one of these states and have *not* received a souvenir that's an issue that someone from GS can correct, but you're not going to receive a souvenir for a state until the artwork is created and the souvenir is released.

^^^im in the same boat as far as not getting the Souvenir. i have 2 finds in Georgia but have not gotten the credit for them with the Souvenir. any reason fo this? or do you have to find that particular state AFTER the artwork has been released to get the Souvenir...i found the georgia ones back in may...but the art was released after my finds... could that have anything to do with it?

thanks in advance -ADAM

i have 2 finds in Georgia but have not gotten the ...Souvenir. ....do you have to find that particular state AFTER the artwork has been released to get the Souvenir.

No, date of find isn't relevant.

I have souvenirs for places that I cached a couple of years ago (as well as souvenirs for places I've never been or cached.)

The issuing of souvenirs is still a bit buggy.

I have the opposite issue with mine. I haven't made it up to HQ yet, but it shows up as a souvenir, and when I look on my phone app I randomly have a Delaware and some state in Germany showing up. They don't show up on my profile on the actual site though. Weird...I do like them though, just some little random bit of reward for doing something. Just can't wait for that day when Oregon and Washington finally show up...

I am having a similar issue, except that I have received an email from The Frog that said I had earned a souvenir for a past cache (Florida), yet when I went to look at it, it says there are no souvenirs to display...

Same issue for my iowa souvenir.

I am having a similar issue, except that I have received an email from The Frog that said I had earned a souvenir for a past cache (Florida), yet when I went to look at it, it says there are no souvenirs to display...

Mine has showed up now! I hope yours shows up soon!

Mine has showed up now! I hope yours shows up soon!

Typically GS has only released three new souvenirs at a time. Yesterday they released 10, which included California, Florida, and Minnesota. I suspect that it took awhile for some to show up simply because of the computer processing time required to award caches to so many geocachers from those states.