6th International Math Trade

ECplus3

Still waiting on acasim's to show up. beyond that I think I'm ok.

Hi, I already received your package (mentioned it in post #586) :)

I also received a letter today, from the customs, meaning I need to go there in order to get a package that came from the US. It could be a package from SCIFICOLLECTOR, or from NIKON-ING :D Both have a lot of coins inside, so they are heavy. Now I'll have to convince the guys from the customs that this was a trade and that I didn't buy the coins... maybe I'll show them the excel file from the MAthtrade :D:P:lol:

Next Monday I'll go there, and I'll let you know who the winner is: Scificollector vs Nikon-ing :lol:

Other than these two, I'm still waiting for another package, from THE_4_FS.

And also still waiting for 3 confirmations that my packages arrived well.

Sending:

ATLANTAGAL(x3) AVROAIR BENNIEBOYS CROWESFEAT30 DOC256 DRNEAL E&CPLUS3 GREENISH(x4) KINI_ONT(x3) MAR-ELENDILI(x2) MAUISON NIKON-ING(x2) NOSNOW NUMAKEH PENNYANDKONA(x2) PINGOS REDWINGRR(x2) SCIFICOLLECTOR(x7) T@NDRE(x2) YANAGI(x2) YEMONYIME

Receiving:

ASHALLOND ATLANTAGAL(x2) AVROAIR(x4) E&CPLUS3(x2) FOSSILLADY GOLDBUGGIRL(x4) MAR-ELENDILI MAUISON(x6) MODEL CITIZEN(x2) NIKON-ING PENNYANDKONA(x2) REDWINGRR(x2) RUUD4D SCIFICOLLECTOR TADPOLE379(x4) THE_4_FS WHERESMYMARBLES(x2) WHITBY(x2) YANAGI

acasim,

which is weird since I sent mine out after you sent yours, and Penny and Kona already got theres as they are relatviely near where I live. I'll give it another week before I get really stressed....

Besides, I got another random mystery coin package today instead of yours, a carpe diem coin! Needlessy to say, it's been a humbling week and a half....

Pictures as promised:

mathtrade1.jpg

mathtrade2.jpg

Row 1:

Pay It Forward V1; iCache V2; Hiking Coin; Partners in Caching - Carwyn; Jangor Micro Kitties; Cache Dragons; f0t0mm; Anthus Decoder

Row 2:

Cache the Fever; Caution Frequent U Turns; Dragonfly Talisman - Bucket List; The Great Outdoors; Geomuse 2007; Round TUIT

Row 3:

What Was in Your Mailbox V3; Yemon Yime V2; Avroair 2008; Fantasy Butterfly - Royale; Laval K-9 Cache Around the Clock; Great Hides Great Finds

Row 4:

Pay It Forward V2; another Yemon Yime :); Have You Seen Me? Cacher Alert; Little Star; Easy Cache

Thank you everyone!

Only updating my list. All coins I sent, have been received. And I already got all the coins that were sent to me. Thanks all for joining this Mathtrade and especially Chuck!

I'll be sending to:

scificollector Sent february 7 and received february 14

Eleanor Sent february 7 and received february 17

kini_ont Sent february 7 and received february 19

Penny and Kona Sent february 7 and received february 15

acasim Sent february 7 and received february 10

I'll be receiving from:

scificollector received february 8

Dresseldragons received february 15

Altix received february 8

AtlantaGal received february 12

The Moop Along received february 8

acasim,

which is weird since I sent mine out after you sent yours, and Penny and Kona already got theres as they are relatviely near where I live. I'll give it another week before I get really stressed....

Besides, I got another random mystery coin package today instead of yours, a carpe diem coin! Needlessy to say, it's been a humbling week and a half....

Hi Ashallond,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, or its a problem of expressing myself correctly in English. I'm sorry...

Or else I'm not understanding what you're saying (which seems like you're worried that the coin you sent me didn't show up...) :lol:

I already received the coin that you sent me! That's what I've been trying to say all the time :D

So everything is perfect, there's nothing to worry or stress about.

And thank you for the trade! :D

RECEIVING:

LAVAL K-9(x3); ICE13-333; MAUISON; SCIFICOLLECTOR; ATLANTAGAL; WHITBY; PENNYANDKONA; E&CPLUS3(x3); DRNEAL(x3);ELTADA; MODEL CITIZEN; TADPOLE379

Still waiting on a package from TADPOLE379

I believe it was coming from NY.....sent on Feb 1.....I'm in NJ :unsure:

TADPOLE379 Did you happened to use delivery confirmation?

I just brought all my packages to the PO and sent them off, they didn't have delivery confirmation. Not that delivery confirmation actually means anything to the PO, The PO lost a package that did have DC and the PO did not compensate me in any way. But in NJ, it def should have gotten to you by now. Which coin was it? I will send you another one if I have a duplicate..

Any Luck?? :unsure:

I don't have another of what I sent you, and if it hasn't gotten to you yet, I would say it is most likely lost forever.

I can send you something else, but I only have a few traders left and my personal coins. Let me know what you want to do.

what coin are you looking for...if i have one you're welcome to it

ILYK

Aaww drneal you are so nice :)

The geocoin is "Sweetlife" Polished Nickel

TADPOLE379 can you E-mail me your trader list through my geocaching profile?

TADPOLE379 can you E-mail me your trader list through my geocaching profile?????

If my infos are correct, none of my three overseas mailers has arrived yet. I can't believe they got all lost... Either they got stuck at some zealous customs office, or they took the ship instead of the plane!

I hate it when it takes this long.

I am still waiting for your package. It has 3 coins in it, so I hope it makes it!!

Getting worried about this one, especially since I am moving, and the package will have to be forwarded to my new address if if doesn't arrive by tomorrow.

If my infos are correct, none of my three overseas mailers has arrived yet. I can't believe they got all lost... Either they got stuck at some zealous customs office, or they took the ship instead of the plane!

I am still waiting for your package. It has 3 coins in it, so I hope it makes it!!

Getting worried about this one, especially since I am moving, and the package will have to be forwarded to my new address if if doesn't arrive by tomorrow.

I understand your concern. Sometimes coins take longer to cross the Pond, but this time I guess it's the longest.

If Avroair and Ashallond can post a note about the coins I sent to them as well, it might give an insight on the chances your coins have to get to you soon.

I really hope they do soon arrive!

Receiving:

ICE13-333

Hope that my bubble mailer has arrived? Saw that you have one silver moga to sell at e.... - would be fine, if that´s the coin you got from me and that it is not lost during shipping to your home..... Can you give me a short confirmation? Thanks :)

I haven't received yours yet... that one is a duplicate. I'll post when your package comes in.

Received all of mine.

All that I sent out have been received except:

...waiting on word from yemon yime and watching anxiously for acasim's package to arrive.

I'll try to get a good photo tomorrow of all my new treasures. :)

Today I grabbed the package that was stuck at the customs. It was from Nikon-ing. Unfortunately they made me pay about $25 of taxes... That's another thing I need to remember in future trades -- asking that bigger packages are split in smaller ones (Avroair did that -- clearly a wise decision ;))

Anyway, I'm very happy that the coins arrived and I'm grateful to Laura. Thanks a lot for the coins!!

Since Avroair also confirmed arrival, the status is now the following:

Sending:

ATLANTAGAL(x3) AVROAIR BENNIEBOYS CROWESFEAT30 DOC256 DRNEAL E&CPLUS3 GREENISH(x4) KINI_ONT(x3) MAR-ELENDILI(x2) MAUISON NIKON-ING(x2) NOSNOW NUMAKEH PENNYANDKONA(x2) PINGOS REDWINGRR(x2) SCIFICOLLECTOR(x7) T@NDRE(x2) YANAGI(x2) YEMONYIME

Receiving:

ASHALLOND ATLANTAGAL(x2) AVROAIR(x4) E&CPLUS3(x2) FOSSILLADY GOLDBUGGIRL(x4) MAR-ELENDILI MAUISON(x6) MODEL CITIZEN(x2) NIKON-ING(x6) PENNYANDKONA(x2) REDWINGRR(x2) RUUD4D SCIFICOLLECTOR TADPOLE379(x4) THE_4_FS WHERESMYMARBLES(x2) WHITBY(x2) YANAGI

I understand your concern. Sometimes coins take longer to cross the Pond, but this time I guess it's the longest.

If Avroair and Ashallond can post a note about the coins I sent to them as well, it might give an insight on the chances your coins have to get to you soon.

I really hope they do soon arrive!

I did! I got all mine. :) All mine were sent the first mailing day. With international shipments it can take up to 45 days and can also be held up at customs.

Received my last coin from RUUD4D, Thank you. So that completes the coins I should receive :) Bennieboys haven't updated since early Feb. I suppose they've received mine it seems that this year the mail was quicker from Europe then from the US :mad: don't know why unless they're still using ponies :P AS promised here is a picture (2) of the coins traded for :D

Thanks Chuck for hosting, a great job as always and thanks to all trading and non-trading partners, you made it very interesting and I got to see some great coin photos

002-24.jpg

Great coins!!!! :)

What is the coin called next to the Shadows Friend Geocoins?

I believe that is Oshndoc's Petrified Wood Compass geocoin.

Blue skies!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

I received today another coin, a beautiful Neptunes Compass from The_4_Fs. Thank you so much, I'll try to post some pictures when all of them arrive.

I'm almost done. I'm just waiting for receiving a package from SCIFICOLLECTOR, and need confirmation that two packages arrived well to their destinations, to E&CPLUS3 and to YEMONYIME.

Then, I still need to meet with t@ndre to give him his two coins :lol:

Updates in BOLD

Received on or before 15 February:

~Eleanor~ x 1

2golfers x 1

acasim x 2

Mauison x 3

Model Citizen x 2

Nikon-ing x 3

numakeh x 3

pingos x 2

Ruud4d x 1

tadpole379 x 2

WheresMyMarbles x 2

YemonYime x 1

Mailed out on 10 February 2011:

2golfers x 1

ACASIM x 2

AtlantaGal x1

DresselDragons x 1

Greenish x 2

Model Citizen x 1

Nikon-ING x 3

Pingos x 1

Redwingrr x 1

scificollector x 5

t@ndre x 1

The 4 F's x 3

The Moop Along x 1

Where'sMyMarbles x 1

Receiving:

2GOLFERS (x2) Mar 08

ACASIM

AVROAIR Feb 14

BENNIEBOYS (x2) Feb 10

CROWESFEAT30 Feb 17

DOC256 (x2) Feb 14

DRNEAL Feb 18

ICE13-333 Mar 08

KINI_ONT (x2) Feb 14

MAUISON (x2) Feb 14

MODELCITIZEN Feb 14

NIKON-ING Feb 8

NUMAKEH Feb 14

SCIFICOLLECTOR (x2) Feb 14

YANAGI Feb 14

YEMONYIME Feb 17

Another two packages arrived today. Just waiting on Acasim's now.

mathtrade20110308.jpg

Another two packages arrived today. Just waiting on Acasim's now.

That's a lot of time, considering that I sent the package more than one month ago. I really hope it is not lost in the mail, just as much as I hope the same for the package I'm waiting to receive... May I ask, what is the usual procedure when a package is lost and you don't have another coin to send?

Well, let's cross the fingers and wait some more time.

Cheers

Edited by acasim

SENDING:

ACASIM(X2) ATLANTAGAL BENNIEBOYS(X4) ELTADA(X2) GREENISH MAR-ELENDILI(X2) MODEL CITIZEN(X3) NOSNOW PENNYANDKONA(X2) YEMONYIME

RECEIVING:

LAVAL K-9(x3); ICE13-333; MAUISON; SCIFICOLLECTOR; ATLANTAGAL; WHITBY; PENNYANDKONA; E&CPLUS3(x3); DRNEAL(x3);ELTADA; MODEL CITIZEN; TADPOLE379

I believe all the packages I sent out have been received. All my packages have arrived or situations settled :)

This was my first math trade! Awesome experience! Thank you so much E&Cplus3 for all your handwork, organization, and help!!! Thank you everyone who joined and traded with me!!! :):D

Today I grabbed the package that was stuck at the customs. It was from Nikon-ing. Unfortunately they made me pay about $25 of taxes... That's another thing I need to remember in future trades -- asking that bigger packages are split in smaller ones (Avroair did that -- clearly a wise decision ;))

Anyway, I'm very happy that the coins arrived and I'm grateful to Laura. Thanks a lot for the coins!!

Yay! I'm so glad they arrived. Sorry about the customs thing...I didn't know that would happen. I never sent overseas like that before. Good lesson to learn for next time. I'm happy that you're happy with your coins. :D

I'm planning to do it probably around late June/early July. But I reserve the right maybe have the trade files drop middle to late July, it all depends on when we go visit the inlaws in July.

I may torment e&C to get the data file that he used for the last one so i can run trials to figure out the settings so that I get the same result as what he got. There's a bunch of em!

Edited by Ashallond

SENDING:

ACASIM(X2) ATLANTAGAL BENNIEBOYS(X4) ELTADA(X2) GREENISH MAR-ELENDILI(X2) MODEL CITIZEN(X3) NOSNOW PENNYANDKONA(X2) YEMONYIME

RECEIVING:

I believe all the packages I sent out have been received. All my packages have arrived or situations settled :)

This was my first math trade! Awesome experience! Thank you so much E&Cplus3 for all your handwork, organization, and help!!! Thank you everyone who joined and traded with me!!! :):D

Wonderful surprise from TADPOLE379! THANK YOU!!!! :):D

IMAG2216.jpg

IMAG2217.jpg

Yiiipeee!!! :D :D Finally, today I received the last packet I was waiting, from scificollector :D Overall it took more than 6 weeks to arrive, also due to customs (see below) but it is here B) Thanks you soooo much!!

In fact, I had to pick the package in the customs and.... pay the taxes :( The rule is that taxes (23%+some fixed costs) are due when the declared value+shipping is above $55. They look at the value written on the green sticker (customs declaration form) to decide if they hold it or not. So if you declare something around $50 or more, then be prepared that your package will be stuck in the customs (if you ship to Portugal). I think this should be avoided in the case of trades since there's no purchase involved, either by declaring a smaller value or, if you're uncomfortable with that, by splitting larger packages into smaller ones :rolleyes:

Well, but I'm very happy that the trade is completed on my side!!! At this time I want to thank everybody and, specially, E&Cplus3 for running the mathtrade so smoothly and perfectly! I loved the experience so much that I would be willing to run a smaller mathtrade on our Portuguese forum ;) To fully complete my participation in this 6th Edition of the MathTrade, I'll try to take some pictures of all the coins I received and post them here during the next weekend.

And I'm looking forward for the next trade! If there's another in the Summer, I'll try to be in (depends on dates, since I will be some time out of home, on vacation).

Thanks, Acasim, for that info about the taxes--this international shipping is new to me--I don't remember what I declared on the package I sent you, but you received it fairly quickly, so I guess it was less than $50. If I need to ship overseas again, I'll contact the recipient to get that type of info first.

May? That's pretty soon! I am hoping to join this time.

Any advice on how many coins one should enter in order to get at least one trade? Or does that depend completely on the coins?

Good luck with the quiz bowl!

I believe you were limited to 50 coins for the last math trade

ILYK