Mega Wales 2011 - published

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...4e-8aa46e596dfd

The event page was published at our 'Meet the Dragons' event in Perth on Sunday.

Just letting cachers know in case they are not aware that it has been published :D

We have just returned from Scotland where we had a fantastic time.

Our web site has more information and will be regularly updated.

Any ideas, thoughts, questions, fundraising, donations, etc will be gratefully received.

Log your 'Will attend' - you know you want to :ph34r:

Good luck - the bar has been raised pretty high.

>>Any ideas, thoughts, questions, fundraising, donations, etc will be gratefully received.

I already put my oar in on fundraising and coin design at the Sunday event. Since those suggestions will undoubtedly make a couple of grand quid's worth of difference, can I make a request? Please organise something in the evening which is just one-tenth as good as this year's Saturday Ceilidh (yes, that's a compliment). That was the most fun a cacher could have without putting on a giant frog suit.

Good luck - the bar has been raised pretty high

>>Any ideas, thoughts, questions, fundraising, donations, etc will be gratefully received.

I already put my oar in on fundraising and coin design at the Sunday event. Since those suggestions will undoubtedly make a couple of grand quid's worth of difference, can I make a request? Please organise something in the evening which is just one-tenth as good as this year's Saturday Ceilidh (yes, that's a compliment). That was the most fun a cacher could have without putting on a giant frog suit.

I agree - they set a new world record height!!

Nice to meet you Nick and your wife, your comments have been taken on board re the coins I have in my possession and permission has been attained :)

I also agree about the evening entertainment but will cachers be ready to try laver bread as they queued to try the haggis :D

Lilian

Edited by mollyjak

Puffins on Skomer Island

http://www.welshwildlife.org/skomerIntro_en.link

Information here (hopefully) if not email us and we'll try to get an answer for you :)

7 of us went across last year and it was BRILLIANT - but we were on the beach queuing for the boat at 8am for a 10am start.

Camping event planned along with a number of other events already in the pipeline.

We appreciate campers want information and that is one of our priorities at our next meeting in 2 weeks. Camp sites already being inspected :D

On our website a number of our committee have specific responsibilities and email contacts for any particular enquiries. If not an email to us and I will pass the question on or reply if I can. ;)

I'm slightly confused with all the websites/facebook/forums page etc... I'd like to ask a question about Welsh Puffins - where would be the appropriate place to ask?

If its about Puffin coins they are a personal coin belonging to Hywel Eclectic Penguin

Nope - it was about the Feather covered fish eating real life ones - and I have an answer of Skomer... though I must say the coin looks very very nice...

I'm slightly confused with all the websites/facebook/forums page etc... I'd like to ask a question about Welsh Puffins - where would be the appropriate place to ask?

If its about Puffin coins they are a personal coin belonging to Hywel Eclectic Penguin

Nope - it was about the Feather covered fish eating real life ones - and I have an answer of Skomer... though I must say the coin looks very very nice...

Looks nice in the metal as well :D

And to answer a question from the cache listing

August 3 by Captain Gore-tex (3910 found)

Yes please, is that photo on the cache page really Swansea?

Yes that is Mumbles Pier with Mumbles Lighthouse in the background :)

I'm not logging my will attend quite yet, but I'm certainly hoping to make it this time. I didn't make it to WSM, as I was new to geocaching, and had already booked my annual leave from work. I felt Scotland was a bit far, but being from Plymouth, South Wales will make a nice break.

100 logged 'Will attend' in 6 days :P:grin::grin:

what would I want to go all the way to wales for

Beautiful countryside, beaches, mountains, coastal paths, lots of caches, friendly people, meet the Dragons again and finally trying or succeeding to take/borrow/steal my Tb Sir Log a Lot - you tried hard enough in Scotland that I had to have minders for him!! :grin::D:D

But remember you will have to pay to get into Wales as you do with all the best attractions :)