I am leaving geocaching......

Yes im sure some of you may be ecstatic to hear that news, some of you may say I told you so, and some of you may be upset, but none the less, I am retiring ashnikes from geocaching.

For a few reasons..... (warning, verbal tirade ahead, if you would like to just say "i told you so, or leave rude remarks towards me feel free to skip my rant, and just hit the quick reply button now. Thanks for your support)

First off, due to my unconventional social nature, I generally wind up hunting caches alone.

This was fine when they were all within a very short radius of my home, and I didnt mind hunting micros, but I have found the majority of finds in the area where I live, and the rest are either puzzles I cant solve, or micros i no longer enjoy finding.

Hunting in groups might be fun, but like I said, since I tend to "not get along" with most people from what I hear I do not foresee myself hunting caches in a group any time soon.

Second, I really enjoy hiding caches. Caches I would like to find, strange there just arnt that many in my area I would like to find, except of course mine, and the few which I have already contacted the owners thanking them for the neato hides.

Plus, hiding caches is a royal pain. It's strange caches with no thought get approved almost immediately, and we wonder why there are so many lame hides. But I feel like I have to jump through hoops to hide caches that owuld be awesome, and I just do not have the energy to fight those battles anymore, nore the interest. Yes I am talking about some of the tried and true rules and regulations I just do not agree with, or feel are way too broad, and taken way too seriously. I understand they are established for valid reasons, but some of them just ruin the game for me.

Third, this forum is filled with tons of old souls who frequent it way too often, and generally have either nothing of value to say, or nothing nice to say at all. Some new people get the bullwhip for asking questions the search function couldnt help them with, or they just do not have the time to go searching through the forums page after page thread after derailed thread to find the answers to specific questions they have, but are sure told ot do so.

this is a free flowing forum, new threads keep things fresh, no matter how stale the topic, new members keep things interesting, no matter the growing number of veterans.

Also, when someone comes on here and disagrees with something in the rules (which were made by us, and can be changed by us at any time) they get automatically told this game is not for them. Interesting answer, considering just a few years ago those rules never existed, and in fact there are still tons of grandfathered caches out there that were placed without those rules, and yet they are still allowed, even encouraged to be caught.

This forum is the proper place for ranting, there are some frustrating cachers, caches, and hiders in this world, not to include the muggles, crappy swag, elements, etc etc etc that deserve to have a good venting upon once in a while, from people who are legitimately disgusted by them. This forum is the only real place you could vent such frustrations to an audiance which could potentially feel your pain due to knowing what you are even talking about. If you do not agree with the venter, so be it, state why you do not agree with them, but playing them off as someone who should not be playing the game is absolutely ridiculous and very discouraging for people who are already timid as it is about the internet, and voicing their opinions. you are scaring off new players, who will be hiding your new FTF's and enjoyable caches. Way to go, maybe you DONT WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, because you are preventing the future of it.

Fourth, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Groundspeak does not pay its volunteer moderators, who dedicate their lives to geocaching. These people are the oil of this game, keeping it running smoothly, in ways some of us will never ever get to see, or understand, and yet groundspeaks only paycheck to them is (not even free premium membership) but the ability to ban people in the forums, and approve caches. sometimes in that order.

which brings me to another interesting side note, I find it hilarious that "volunteers" moderate the forums. Not paid Groundspeak workers, we are therefore policing ourselves, we are placing the caches, we are finding the caches, we are holding the events, making the swag, selling the swag, buying the swag, donating money, restricted to Groundspeak approved apps, etc etc.

so aside from the cost of the servers, and the few people responsible for maintaining them to keep the website running smoothly, (because I think even some volunteer moderators may be doing some of the web design) which is probably in all honesty paid for completely by the advertising, and official swag purchases (which cost an arm and a leg, and really are not that great imo.) what do the ceos of Groundspeak actually do for the community? do they bail us out of jail when our cache violates some guideline? no, because its then our fault. do they stick up for us, listen to our rants about this and that, do they sponsor our local events? what do they do exactly except collect a lot of our money by creating a monopoly through a namebrand on an international treasure hunt? side note ended.

Fifth, I have been spending wayyyy too much money, more than I actually have to find, hide, and maintain caches for a game i no longer enjoy. Enough said.

Finally, and most important to me personally,

the whole reason i got into geocaching was to have an activity to share with my (now ex, wonder why) girlfriend. We had little in common, and even less we could actually share with one another, but geocaching honestly in my opinion brought us together, it was probably the most unified time we have shared together in our ever shaky relationship. Of course bits of my personality eventually ruined even that activity, at least for a while it was the best thing thats happened to me in a very long time. Now she is caching with a new group of guys or so I think, and its just no longer fun for me to find a cache she has logged with them. Its rather disheartening. I was running my numbers up to catch up with her, but now I just dont care anymore. So.... there you have it.

I will be leaving my account open for about a week in case someone wants to contact me for whatever reason, (im very easy to find on a google search under the same screen name, I have no reason to hide) or if they want to adopt one of my 7 caches, or all of them, otherwise, i will be disabling then archiving them all, and donating the containers and contents to anyone who wants them.

If you have read this far, congratulate yourself. If you want to comment, I am very interested, good bad, ugly, to what anyone has to say on one of or all of the above topics, if you want to convince me to stay, you want me to join your local group and go caching with you, thinking you can change my mind, or if you just plain want me to stop typing and go play in traffic speak now.

Thanks to everyone on this board and all the people who have mailed me, found my caches, or just read my threads and got some entertainment out of them, its been a great time. Ive seen and done some amazing things through geocaching, I love the idea, just not the specifics. Who wouldnt want to find a treasure box in the middle of the woods, a parking lot, or in between two buildings?

Yes im sure some of you may be ecstatic to hear that news, some of you may say I told you so, and some of you may be upset, but none the less, I am retiring ashnikes from geocaching.

For a few reasons..... (warning, verbal tirade ahead, if you would like to just say "i told you so, or leave rude remarks towards me feel free to skip my rant, and just hit the quick reply button now. Thanks for your support)

First off, due to my unconventional social nature, I generally wind up hunting caches alone.

This was fine when they were all within a very short radius of my home, and I didnt mind hunting micros, but I have found the majority of finds in the area where I live, and the rest are either puzzles I cant solve, or micros i no longer enjoy finding.

Hunting in groups might be fun, but like I said, since I tend to "not get along" with most people from what I hear I do not foresee myself hunting caches in a group any time soon.

Second, I really enjoy hiding caches. Caches I would like to find, strange there just arnt that many in my area I would like to find, except of course mine, and the few which I have already contacted the owners thanking them for the neato hides.

Plus, hiding caches is a royal pain. It's strange caches with no thought get approved almost immediately, and we wonder why there are so many lame hides. But I feel like I have to jump through hoops to hide caches that owuld be awesome, and I just do not have the energy to fight those battles anymore, nore the interest. Yes I am talking about some of the tried and true rules and regulations I just do not agree with, or feel are way too broad, and taken way too seriously. I understand they are established for valid reasons, but some of them just ruin the game for me.

Third, this forum is filled with tons of old souls who frequent it way too often, and generally have either nothing of value to say, or nothing nice to say at all. Some new people get the bullwhip for asking questions the search function couldnt help them with, or they just do not have the time to go searching through the forums page after page thread after derailed thread to find the answers to specific questions they have, but are sure told ot do so.

this is a free flowing forum, new threads keep things fresh, no matter how stale the topic, new members keep things interesting, no matter the growing number of veterans.

Also, when someone comes on here and disagrees with something in the rules (which were made by us, and can be changed by us at any time) they get automatically told this game is not for them. Interesting answer, considering just a few years ago those rules never existed, and in fact there are still tons of grandfathered caches out there that were placed without those rules, and yet they are still allowed, even encouraged to be caught.

This forum is the proper place for ranting, there are some frustrating cachers, caches, and hiders in this world, not to include the muggles, crappy swag, elements, etc etc etc that deserve to have a good venting upon once in a while, from people who are legitimately disgusted by them. This forum is the only real place you could vent such frustrations to an audiance which could potentially feel your pain due to knowing what you are even talking about. If you do not agree with the venter, so be it, state why you do not agree with them, but playing them off as someone who should not be playing the game is absolutely ridiculous and very discouraging for people who are already timid as it is about the internet, and voicing their opinions. you are scaring off new players, who will be hiding your new FTF's and enjoyable caches. Way to go, maybe you DONT WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, because you are preventing the future of it.

Fourth, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Groundspeak does not pay its volunteer moderators, who dedicate their lives to geocaching. These people are the oil of this game, keeping it running smoothly, in ways some of us will never ever get to see, or understand, and yet groundspeaks only paycheck to them is (not even free premium membership) but the ability to ban people in the forums, and approve caches. sometimes in that order.

which brings me to another interesting side note, I find it hilarious that "volunteers" moderate the forums. Not paid Groundspeak workers, we are therefore policing ourselves, we are placing the caches, we are finding the caches, we are holding the events, making the swag, selling the swag, buying the swag, donating money, restricted to Groundspeak approved apps, etc etc.

so aside from the cost of the servers, and the few people responsible for maintaining them to keep the website running smoothly, (because I think even some volunteer moderators may be doing some of the web design) which is probably in all honesty paid for completely by the advertising, and official swag purchases (which cost an arm and a leg, and really are not that great imo.) what do the ceos of Groundspeak actually do for the community? do they bail us out of jail when our cache violates some guideline? no, because its then our fault. do they stick up for us, listen to our rants about this and that, do they sponsor our local events? what do they do exactly except collect a lot of our money by creating a monopoly through a namebrand on an international treasure hunt? side note ended.

Fifth, I have been spending wayyyy too much money, more than I actually have to find, hide, and maintain caches for a game i no longer enjoy. Enough said.

Finally, and most important to me personally,

the whole reason i got into geocaching was to have an activity to share with my (now ex, wonder why) girlfriend. We had little in common, and even less we could actually share with one another, but geocaching honestly in my opinion brought us together, it was probably the most unified time we have shared together in our ever shaky relationship. Of course bits of my personality eventually ruined even that activity, at least for a while it was the best thing thats happened to me in a very long time. Now she is caching with a new group of guys or so I think, and its just no longer fun for me to find a cache she has logged with them. Its rather disheartening. I was running my numbers up to catch up with her, but now I just dont care anymore. So.... there you have it.

I will be leaving my account open for about a week in case someone wants to contact me for whatever reason, (im very easy to find on a google search under the same screen name, I have no reason to hide) or if they want to adopt one of my 7 caches, or all of them, otherwise, i will be disabling then archiving them all, and donating the containers and contents to anyone who wants them.

If you have read this far, congratulate yourself. If you want to comment, I am very interested, good bad, ugly, to what anyone has to say on one of or all of the above topics, if you want to convince me to stay, you want me to join your local group and go caching with you, thinking you can change my mind, or if you just plain want me to stop typing and go play in traffic speak now.

Thanks to everyone on this board and all the people who have mailed me, found my caches, or just read my threads and got some entertainment out of them, its been a great time. Ive seen and done some amazing things through geocaching, I love the idea, just not the specifics. Who wouldnt want to find a treasure box in the middle of the woods, a parking lot, or in between two buildings?

You sound like a great guy. I would cache with you if I lived nearer to you. All of your points are valid. I even strongly agree with most of them. Hope you find some other hobby.

Geocaching is not fun when you do it alone. Good luck elsewhere

It can also be not terribly safe to do it alone, ive been out looking for caches in the bush on several occasions by myself and found myself in some situations where i felt i could wind up seriously hurt, and nobody would know where i was, or could go for help. So i am sort of stuck to urban hides, (which are not even all that safe to do alone either in some cases) and we all know most bushwhacking hides generally are better than urban ones.

Sorry to see you go ashnikes. Unfortunately you live in an area that is WAY over done with "Micro Spew".

Come on up to Southern Indiana and enjoy some of the terrific well hid Woodland caches. (Both ammo cans and YES some Tupperware in the woods.) There is also a ton of caches only accessible by boat (kayak, canoe, motor boat).

There is a terrific group of cachers up here in the area. People from all walks of life. Airline Pilots, Police Officers, Doctors, Lawyers.......etc. And all these people have different personalities. I think you would fit right in with the people in this area. So if you ever get up to Southern Indiana give me a holler, I'll show you some "must do" caches in the area.

Have a good life and good luck in your future endeavors.

K.C.

Oh, dear. I mostly cache by myself. Never thought that was a reason to leave. Some how I felt you would be a quick flash and then gone. Good luck with life.

I also prefer caching by myself or with my family. I am not anti-social but I enjoy the experience more as a solo activity. Finds seem a little cheap in a group for some reason. I did enjoy the Geowoodstock experience but would not choose to cache in a group on a regular basis.

Everyone needs to decide how or if caching works for them.

Although I'm new I would like to comment on one of your points.

I find it DISGUSTING that the volunteers are not given premium profile! I will now not buy membership because I don't want to support administration that is that unethical. I will continue to geocache, but that is just POOR.

I find it DISGUSTING that the volunteers are not given premium profile! I will now not buy membership because I don't want to support administration that is that unethical. I will continue to geocache, but that is just POOR.

I defenetly agree!!!

Well, I do not know that for sure, as most the volunteers who come on this forum are proud sponsors of grounspeak, obviously,

and another interesting argument ive heard on here about this topic, someone once mentioned, Groundspeak does not have to offer pay or premium memberships because apparently these volunteers are "begging" Groundspeak to be in this position, therefore why should Groundspeak pay them? after all, they toil endlessly for this sport for free right? its just a weird gray area for me. They do enough work on this site they should be getting paid reguardless, im sure Groundspeak is making a killing off of all of us, and can afford to pay these people, but just doesnt, because they volunteered.

Well, I do not know that for sure, as most the volunteers who come on this forum are proud sponsors of grounspeak, obviously,

and another interesting argument ive heard on here about this topic, someone once mentioned, Groundspeak does not have to offer pay or premium memberships because apparently these volunteers are "begging" Groundspeak to be in this position, therefore why should Groundspeak pay them? after all, they toil endlessly for this sport for free right? its just a weird gray area for me. They do enough work on this site they should be getting paid reguardless, im sure Groundspeak is making a killing off of all of us, and can afford to pay these people, but just doesnt, because they volunteered.

I see no reason for anyone to be unhappy about a decision someone else makes about how to use their time in relation to this activity. Good grief. :lol:

It is strange that immediately after saying "I really enjoy hiding caches", you go on to say "hiding caches is a royal pain".

I also find it hilarious that you list volunteer mods and reviewers as one of your reasons for quitting. That is a new one.

But the reasons are not important.

I don't have anything against you as a geocacher, I'm just not a fan of your inflammatory forum threads. While I'm not sad to see you leave, since I don't know you at all, it doesn't give me any pleasure either.

Good luck with whatever you're doing next. It sucks about the ex.

Oh, one more bit of humor : don't forget to fill out the Official Geocide Form RK-666

Edit : oops typo.

Edited by Chrysalides

It is strange that immediately after saying "I really enjoy hiding caches", you go on to say "hiding caches is a royal pain".

Oh, one more bit of humor : don't forget to fill out the Official Geocode Form RK-666

They are two different things, I do enjoy leaving treasure boxes in interesting places for strangers to find, but the process i have to go through to get them approved is what drags me down,

and

that link was fantastic, you guys are some real awesome people, i never had any issues with anyone on this site, just how some people handled themselves when it came to others in the forums.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu...

There is one misunderstanding I want to address though:

Also, when someone comes on here and disagrees with something in the rules (which were made by us, and can be changed by us at any time)
AFAIK, the Cache Listing Requirements / Guidelines were not "made by us" in any meaningful sense. They are Groundspeak's guidelines. Some parts of them may have been written in response to forum discussions, but they are Groundspeak's guidelines. If you want to place a geocache that doesn't conform to their guidelines, then you can try one of the other geocache listing sites. I know more than one person who has listed a cache on another site because it didn't conform to Groundspeak's guidelines.

Or you can go old school and just post the coordinates on USENET or some other public forum, like Dave Ulmer did 10 years ago.

I vote this most puzzling post of the day.

And just you think are the platinum members?

What exactly is confusing about it?

...What?

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN (sorry caps) premium and platinum?

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu...

There is one misunderstanding I want to address though:

Also, when someone comes on here and disagrees with something in the rules (which were made by us, and can be changed by us at any time)
AFAIK, the Cache Listing Requirements / Guidelines were not "made by us" in any meaningful sense. They are Groundspeak's guidelines. Some parts of them may have been written in response to forum discussions, but they are Groundspeak's guidelines. If you want to place a geocache that doesn't conform to their guidelines, then you can try one of the other geocache listing sites. I know more than one person who has listed a cache on another site because it didn't conform to Groundspeak's guidelines.

Or you can go old school and just post the coordinates on USENET or some other public forum, like Dave Ulmer did 10 years ago.

ahh but were not the groundspeakers who made the rules cachers first? they made the rules based upon what worked and what didnt. the point was, the rules were made by people, people can therefore change the rules. which is oddly enough the same argument i have against bad or phonetic spelling,

:lol:

Platinum is a long enough word that you can run a search on it.

besides a few letters?

there is no platinum, unless you believe in the flying spaghetti monster. then anything is possible.

How can they be volunteers if you pay them a membership?

They can't be. You would call them moderators or reviewers.

It can also be not terribly safe to do it alone, ive been out looking for caches in the bush on several occasions by myself and found myself in some situations where i felt i could wind up seriously hurt, and nobody would know where i was, or could go for help. So i am sort of stuck to urban hides, (which are not even all that safe to do alone either in some cases) and we all know most bushwhacking hides generally are better than urban ones.

I'll agree that that though has occurred to me. You'd be surprised where I have managed to find myself. But it's never stopped me. I've hiked half the AT, mostly by myself. There are some great thousand foot cliffs there! The Palisades in New Jersey have 400' cliffs. Yeah. Someday a bear may attack me, or I may fall off one of those cliffs. But that doesn't stop me.

What I do read is that you geocached for your girlfriend. If you don't enjoy it enough to want to geocache on your own, then yes, this is the wrong sport for you.

Have fun!

besides a few letters?

there is no platinum, unless you believe in the flying spaghetti monster. then anything is possible.

5 to be exact :lol:

(warning, verbal tirade ahead

How can it be verbal when you aren't talking or giving us an audio file?

ha very good point.

And just for some more substance: you dont have to rush out and get all the caches that are of the style you like or spend a lot of money for the sport. If you go hiking, bring along the GPS and find the caches by your hike. Going on a road trip- find caches along your route close to needed pit stops. Wanting to place a cache: reuse a waterproof container you already have.

How can they be volunteers if you pay them a membership?

They can't be. You would call them moderators or reviewers.

We do that now. Volunteer reviewers and Volunteer moderators to be exact. And I am quite certain that they do get a few perks.

I'll agree that that though has occurred to me. You'd be surprised where I have managed to find myself. But it's never stopped me. I've hiked half the AT, mostly by myself. There are some great thousand foot cliffs there! The Palisades in New Jersey have 400' cliffs. Yeah. Someday a bear may attack me, or I may fall off one of those cliffs. But that doesn't stop me.

What I do read is that you geocached for your girlfriend. If you don't enjoy it enough to want to geocache on your own, then yes, this is the wrong sport for you.

Have fun!

thats true... I did enjoy quite a few beneficial things that occur with being in the woods by yourself. The silence for one. not having to bull, with anyone to avoid awkward silence, the much wider variety of animals you encounter because of your silence.

and you read that wrong, i started because of her, i went for the numbers because of her, she is art of the many reasons i am ending it, but not the only one. I do enjoy being out and about, but the returns for my other hobbies are a bit more beneficial to my wallet.

Notice the Joined date. Being relatively new, compared to Ashnikes, UtahnBirder understandably believes what Ashnikes is saying. I've been here for over five years, and I don't know if its true that volunteers have to pay for Premium membership (which, I believe, is that "premium profile" means). If it is true, it is probably because providing it would remove their voluntary, hence independent, status.

Ashnikes... as Chrysalides has said, from what I have seen of the logs on your caches, they have had some good responses. I don't really want to see you leave, but at the same time, you do what you have to do. I will not miss your often ridiculous, sometimes inflammatory threads. Recently, though, I've seen a few postings where, instead of being the "Look at me" guy starting threads, you have started posting some helpful advice to others. I like that Ashnikes more, if that is worth anything to you.

Any time written or spoken words are used it is considered verbal. Letters, instant messaging and texting is considered verbal.

To the OP: Caching in a group isn't all it's hyped up to be. I go caching with my dad. We're always arguing over Travel Bugs and stuff.

Finally, please fill out the departure form mentioned above and watch out for the door on your way out.

Edited by BCProspectors

ha very good point.

Hey, wait just one doggone minute!!! Its been an hour between your geocide note and this post. If you're really leaving, then what are you doing still hanging out and replying to messages? :lol:

I defenetly agree!!!

To UtahnBirder and M.A.D. Cows,

Please do not be influenced by the portions of Ashnikes' post that talked about Groundspeak's volunteer team. He is mistaken both on the facts of the tangible rewards given to us, and on our motivations for volunteering our time.

I do not volunteer to feed my ego. I do not volunteer to ingratiate myself to the Lackeys at the Lily Pad. I do not volunteer to gain power over other geocachers by moderating them in the forums or by archiving their caches.

I volunteer because I am passionate about helping other people and about promoting this great sport.

The fact that I receive a few free t-shirts, geocoins and other perks doesn't affect that answer.

Want to know a secret? That is the same reason why the Lackyes love their jobs. They love working to serve the geocaching community. The OP has no concept of the depth of that love of the game and the commitment of the Lackeys, from Jeremy all the way down to the receptionist at the front desk. I do. They are my friends.

The model would not work without the Lackeys, and it would not work without the volunteers. Both groups know this, and we work closely together in an atmosphere of friendship and respect.

hmmm im not sure how you got me saying anything but positive things about reviewers and the absurdities of how they have enough stuff on their plates to have to play forum cops on top of that, and do not get compensated for what i thought was a job that deserves to be paid for out of the pockets of the company that asks them to do these things on its behalf.

ashnikes, good luck in your future endeavors

its unfortunate that you feel the way you do, but i guess as you said its a matter of personal opinion/standing

you are not the first and certainly not the last to quit a hobby, some return and some find something more suitable for themselves, its part of life, if you don;t try you don;t know what you like or not

many people enjoy the solitude, i cached alone and i went to clubs alone for a period of time, it was fun, but i will admit not as much as sharing my passions with my husband, having said that some people are natural loners and they prefer to stay that way

on the subject of volunteer moderators and reviewers, forums are traditionally managed by volunteers, there is not one single forum out there where moderators get paid to do just that, simply because first of all is not a job, even if there would be enough to keep one single person busy all day to warrant paying them for it its just simply impossible, so for that reason many are chosen as moderators and assigned specific duties

i have been, and still am, both moderator and administrator on various forums

being trusted with such a "position" is generally viewed as an honor, and nobody expects any monetary rewards, you do it because you like the community/business you are part of and are just willing to lend a hand, with no contractual obligation to do anything

sure some sites offer perks to those that are volunteers, and we don't know what GC offers to theirs so its not safe to assume anything or make any accusations

at the end of the day is not our business to be concerned with any of that, its of those that volunteer their time

if they were not happy they wouldn't still be around after so many years, if you look at their join dates you will see that the majority have been around since the beginning or soon after

"too many old souls"? well of course, many of the members have been in the game for many years, some for the whole 10 years...that's how communities are built, and seriously...if you were around for 10 years just think of how many times they have seen the same questions over and over...sure its no reason to crucify anyone for it, especially since the search function is a POC, would be easier if they ignored the repetitive questions instead of replying with a snarky remark, but that's the nature of the forums and that's what the long time members do everywhere

there have been a couple of times where i personally had some people make comments directly to me that were less than polite but you just have to learn to develop a thicker skin

as for the "attacks" against those barely signing up and showing up in the forums and their first post is criticism of the game/rules and everything about geocaching....well that is purely driven by the way people choose to present their grievance

some come with an really bad attitude and they get the response they deserve...with an attitude

others choose to present their issues in the form of a question/discussion and that's when the response from the community takes on a different spin

i have seen both sides

many seem to forget that in a forum, where all you have as tool is what/how you write, sometimes can be misinterpreted...you don;t have the benefit of talking to someone face to face to be able to judge their intentions by their body language, tone etc...also sarcasm is the hardest thing to detect in a forum

anyways, best of luck!!!!

hmmm im not sure how you got me saying anything but positive things about reviewers and the absurdities of how they have enough stuff on their plates to have to play forum cops on top of that, and do not get compensated for what i thought was a job that deserves to be paid for out of the pockets of the company that asks them to do these things on its behalf.
One hour and forty seven minutes and counting.

Keystone didn't claim that you said anything negative about the reviewers. He said that was you said was just plain wrong in every respect. And he wasn't attempting to set the record straight with you, from what I could see. He was simply making sure the people that your inaccuracies may have wrongly influenced knew the truth.

Keystone didn't claim that you said anything negative about the reviewers. He said that was you said was just plain wrong in every respect. And he wasn't attempting to set the record straight with you, from what I could see. He was simply making sure the people that your inaccuracies may have wrongly influenced knew the truth.

he didnt really say anything except that he thinks i jump to conclusions, well dont we all?

then he went on to defend his "position" and his friends who pay him in t-shirts.

I understand forum moderators rarely if ever get paid, but what about the reviewers who have to review caches? thats a laborious job, and in order to do such a job you have to have a very knowledgeable understanding of the rules and regulations, a large full roledex with park rangers number,s real estate agents, insurance, police, fire etc. etc etc. you have had to have been around a while to learn all these things, and that time dedicated could take years of learning. That I think should be paid. especially with a turnaround of 72 hours.

I wish keystone would enlighten us a little bit on the attitude of his friends, and why they havent given him a proper job with a real W2 in the company yet? I would love to learn more about how much money they make, and where that money gets distributed, and how much it really costs to keep this site running. Then maybe I would take a different stance on the subject.

OK, so I read it all and this is what I got.

You are depressed because you broke up with your GF who was geocaching with you and are attempting geocide.

Did I nail it or what?

Its official, you are a woman, an older one, a wise one, but not entirely correct.

There were many things listed, although she is a very big factor yes. but not the whole reason.

... I am retiring ashnikes from geocaching.

Was this your two week's notice? 'Cause that really is not necessary in a forum.

ha! one weeks notice, in forums you dont need to give two. and i think i said that a few times above,

we both need fresh jokes, dog.

he didnt really say anything except that he thinks i jump to conclusions, well dont we all?

then he went on to defend his "position" and his friends who pay him in t-shirts.

I understand forum moderators rarely if ever get paid, but what about the reviewers who have to review caches? thats a laborious job, and in order to do such a job you have to have a very knowledgeable understanding of the rules and regulations, a large full roledex with park rangers number,s real estate agents, insurance, police, fire etc. etc etc. you have had to have been around a while to learn all these things, and that time dedicated could take years of learning. That I think should be paid. especially with a turnaround of 72 hours.

I wish keystone would enlighten us a little bit on the attitude of his friends, and why they havent given him a proper job with a real W2 in the company yet? I would love to learn more about how much money they make, and where that money gets distributed, and how much it really costs to keep this site running. Then maybe I would take a different stance on the subject.

OK... I've had enough. You obviously flunked reading comprehension at its most basic level. Continuing this conversation is pointless, particularly since you're not really here anymore. Therefore,

resignation-i-quit.jpg