FTF Documented! Just a game?

Saw that same scene back in late 2008. I still don't know what they found in there. Anyway, it is a little more suspenseful than this one.
I think they opened it up and found a note that said, "Nope... not the cache. Try again!" ;)

Loved the white t-shirt, by the way. Looked very closely to see if it had a Geocaching logo on it, but I really couldn't tell. I might have to watch it again.

Saw that same scene back in late 2008. I still don't know what they found in there. Anyway, it is a little more suspenseful than this one.
I think they opened it up and found a note that said, "Nope... not the cache. Try again!" ;)

Loved the white t-shirt, by the way. Looked very closely to see if it had a Geocaching logo on it, but I really couldn't tell. I might have to watch it again.

You too? :D

(edited to edit my edit)

Edited by brslk

The sad thing is that there are people out there that see this and think it is what caching is all about.

And the inference is that the family of four who almost got creamed was there first.

While it may be few and far between I'm sure it is like this for some. We don't always get along with each other. Maybe not to the point of trying to run someone off the road... You never can tell though.

The sad thing is that there are people out there that see this and think it is what caching is all about.

And the inference is that the family of four who almost got creamed was there first.

While it may be few and far between I'm sure it is like this for some. We don't always get along with each other. Maybe not to the point of trying to run someone off the road... You never can tell though.

I am sure it is few and far between. But what is the perception from outside? That's what I was talking about. Remember the Law and Order episode? Not such a great picture of what geocaching is if that is your first exposure to it.

I am sure it is few and far between. But what is the perception from outside? That's what I was talking about. Remember the Law and Order episode? Not such a great picture of what geocaching is if that is your first exposure to it.

;) Don't worry. No one watched that movie. I tried to watch it but gave up. I might go back to it. They went on a hike to find a cache and it was one of those caches with like miles and miles to hike along with overnight stays on the trail. They get there and it is filled with gruesome murder like pictures or something. One of the pictures has a waypoint on it further along the trail. They decided to go for it but then there were complaints that they would only get one smiley for this multi-cache.

I didn't get any further than that.

(I'd like to get SS's take on this. Where are you SS?! --> :D [NOT :D ])

I think they opened it up and found a note that said, "Nope... not the cache. Try again!" B)

Smart aleck. The water was cold. And this scene and that T-shirt has been discussed in these forums before. :P

Which is the only reason I know what you're talking about. If I click on Knights link, it wants me to sign up for an account. Is everyone here signing up for an account to see this?

No problem viewing. No ads, no account requirement, no pop-ups. Firefox 3.6.3 (3.6.4 still downloading). After careful analysis I can help confirm there are no logos on the t-shirt. But don't let me discourage you from your own investigation.

Allright, I must be crazy here. I had Firefox 3.6 (not 3.6.3). Upgraded to 3.6.4, and I get the same thing. Wants me to go through a multi-page sign up process, where they even want my first and last name and hometown. Oh well, I've seen it before, and I'm quite sure I remember the T-Shirt being plain. Well, sort of, I guess. B)

You guys aren't clicking on the green "download" button are you? You need to click on the red button with the arrow on it.

Tried it again just now and a different page came up this time without the sign up etc type things.

ODD.

wants to add something an application called. xvid codec

Edited by TheBeanTeam

I run adblock so I don't see any ads. You cannot download the video without an account but just click the red triangle to play. (I tried to download it to see what would happen and it also asks me to get an account.) XVID is the codec needed to decode the video. It's a standard video codec but I guess not everyone has it installed.

I just love the last part. "It's just a game!" Yeah right!

I run adblock so I don't see any ads. You cannot download the video without an account but just click the red triangle to play. (I tried to download it to see what would happen and it also asks me to get an account.) XVID is the codec needed to decode the video. It's a standard video codec but I guess not everyone has it installed.

I just love the last part. "It's just a game!" Yeah right!

I believe Firefox is blocking pop-ups for me. I will be investigating this. Not a problem, as I've seen the video, and the now infamous T-shirt in the past. :P Is this the same website you pimped before that had the link removed by the moderator? I think it's kind of fishy that I could watch Toy Story 3 for free, right about the time it's playing in theaters. B)

Is this the same website you pimped before that had the link removed by the moderator? I think it's kind of fishy that I could watch Toy Story 3 for free, right about the time it's playing in theaters. B)

Not at all. That site is just one of the many video sites like YouTube. Like YouTube, they can't control what people upload. (Before arguing read that statement again.) Someone must have uploaded it.

While the other link* was removed because of the personal opinion/misunderstanding of the mod it was not an "illegal" site as the mod claimed. The mod assumed it was without checking into it. It could be because of the way I stated it too. What they say goes and that's the guidelines. :P It's just a forum. You can find it if you Google "the paradox".

*This was a previous thread months ago about an unrelated topic.

Edited by Knight2000

You guys aren't clicking on the green "download" button are you? You need to click on the red button with the arrow on it.

I suspect that the link is using some sort of randomizer where you'll get to the video some times, and advertisement sometimes, and a registration pages other times. It's a somewhat common tactic for a site that is basically trying to sell you something but is offering like a video, or free software download (only to find that you can't actually use the software unless you buy it) as an incentive to click on the link.