New Cache Rview

Why does it take so long to have a new cache reviewed I understand that the Geocaching server base is huge, but it seems to me as the years have gone by that it is taking longer and longer for the cache to be reviewed.

I've been a P. M. sence 05 back then it only took a day 24 hr. or less. Seems that sence we pay for this service it would be a little faster. I think P.R.'s Look at new caches in thier own time frame. And have too much power over the game. Just saying, and venting,

Vent away if you must. They are volunteers, afterall.

Just keep things in mind, such as there weren't as many cache "placers" 5 years ago; people trying to shade and bend the rules guidelines just to satisfy their cache placement (which equates to more "review" on the part of the reviewer); etc. :unsure:

I can only guess, sometimes the reviewers must really get frustrated, themselves. :)

The email you received when you submitted those two caches said that the goal would be for them to be read in 72 hours. It hasn't been 72 hours yet.

It "takes so long" because caches are read and published by volunteers. If Groundspeak went to paid staff, they might be able to shoot for a say a 48 hour turnaround, but at that point, you really would be "paying for it", and I'd guess that the cost to join the website would climb sharply.

I'd also bet nothing would be published on Holiday weekends either. Who is gonna work the weekend?

I looked at your caches going back over several years. You do understand that the same reviewer has published them all? And that the rate is about the same over time? mostly on the day submitted, a few the next day? The 2 caches you submitted previous to these were published the day you wrote them. And the one before that GC1G1G3, ditto...and the one before that may have taken 48 hours. Mostly it would seem you've had 12-24 hour service. The goal is 72, so your reviewer is way ahead of schedule.

:) "have too much power over the game" - oh yeah, your reviewer in particular is a god

"Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that so called 'Volunteers' don't even get paid?" Homer Simpson

Edited by palmetto

You should live around here. We have the slowest, most worthless reviewers around.

Why the other day, it actually took 2 hours for my cache to be published. 2HOURS!!!

And then, on top of that, it took 4 days for the first find. What in the world is this game coming to???

I say we hang the reviewers AND the players. It might just be time to shut the servers off and send everyone home.

(or you could realize that people have things to do and a 72 hour turn around is not too bad an expectation)

*** Yes, this entire post is intended to be sarcastic and snarky.

Why does it take so long to have a new cache reviewed I understand that the Geocaching server base is huge, but it seems to me as the years have gone by that it is taking longer and longer for the cache to be reviewed.

I've been a P. M. sence 05 back then it only took a day 24 hr. or less. Seems that sence we pay for this service it would be a little faster. I think P.R.'s Look at new caches in thier own time frame. And have too much power over the game. Just saying, and venting,

its coming to two weeks now that some of my cache's havent been reviewed, i have five waiting too be reviewed..

Maybe it's form and content? I placed my FIRST CACHE on Memorial Day, in the afternoon, on the West Coast. I followed the guidelines posted here and provided the reviewer with copious information, clear descriptions, ample details. The site was reviewed and posted in way less than 24 hrs. -- on a 3 day weekend.

Maybe reviewers work regionally, and I'm not in a busy region?

its coming to two weeks now that some of my cache's havent been reviewed, i have five waiting too be reviewed..

Have you received any communication from your reviewer? If not, check you listing and be sure you have checked that the cache is ready to be listed.

Be sure to check the cache listing to see if the reviewer has left a reviewer note. Normally you would be emailed if a note was left, but those emails sometimes get eaten by spam filters.

Have you received any communication from your reviewer? If not, check you listing and be sure you have checked that the cache is ready to be listed.

Be sure to check the cache listing to see if the reviewer has left a reviewer note. Normally you would be emailed if a note was left, but those emails sometimes get eaten by spam filters.

mhm, they are all 'waiting for review', and one cache had a reviewer note on posting waypionts, so i did and still havent heard anything back, sent emails..maybe they are just busy. im just excied for my first cache's=)

mhm, they are all 'waiting for review', and one cache had a reviewer note on posting waypionts, so i did and still havent heard anything back, sent emails..maybe they are just busy. im just excied for my first cache's=)

72 hours is the time frame they shoot for. If it's been a week, send an email to the reviewer that posted about your waypoints. He may be waiting for something for you that you don't understand or he may have forgotten. A polite email should clear things up. :(

It "takes so long" because caches are read and published by volunteers. .....

"Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that so called 'Volunteers' don't even get paid?" Homer Simpson

I vote that we DOUBLE the pay for the reviewers!! Who's with me?! :(:D

isn't double 0 still- Oh, now I get it! I vote we quintuple their pay!

72 hours is the time frame they shoot for. If it's been a week, send an email to the reviewer that posted about your waypoints. He may be waiting for something for you that you don't understand or he may have forgotten. A polite email should clear things up. :D

haha ive actually sent about ten in the last week with many details..i think he might just be angry by now :(

Seems that sence we pay for this service it would be a little faster.

Perhaps if you did pay for the service (how does $4.95 a pop sound?), it would be. However, you don't pay to have a cache listed or reviewed:

Once you are prepared, fill out our online form to report a new cache. This is a free service.
I think P.R.'s Look at new caches in thier own time frame.
I think you're right! It sort of goes along with being a volunteer. :laughing:

If they were told that they had to meet a specific time frame I doubt we'd have as many reviewers as we do, and the time frame would have to be expanded even further for the remaining reviewers to be able to meet the deadlines.

In any case, I'm sure coming to the forums to complain about the reviewers is probably the best move, and will result in your cache being bumped to the front of the line and given special attention. All your future caches should also be sped right through the line too. Well done.

In any case, I'm sure coming to the forums to complain about the reviewers is probably the best move, and will result in your cache being bumped to the front of the line and given special attention. All your future caches should also be sped right through the line too. Well done.

It will have no effect either way.