Will search by zip EVER work agin?

Tree Toad

Its been months! What is going on? What improvements did we see when we lost or searches? This is getting really really old :>(

I just did a Zip Code search off the main Geocaching Home page and it showed all the local caches that I have found and have not found yet. All is well here.

Have you tried other zip codes? Do you know how old your zip code is (how long ago it was put into usage)?

There seem to be a lot of reports of newer zip codes not working, but otherwise everything by zip code does seem to be working.

If there is a particular zip code that seems to be broken, what is it?

We have had this zip code for over 40 years. With almost 5000 finds its not like its new to us. I do a simple search by zip, check the box (Exclude your owned or found items from results) and I always get the same thing. All my finds and the few I havent. Why?

When I do a search by zip code and check the box to delete all the ones I have found the found caches continue to show up on my search. Why when I check the box do they continue to show up?

Also, you may want to change the title (or get someone who can to change it) - your problem is not search by zip, its with additional caches showing up which you don't want. The zip code part works fine...

When I do a search by zip code and check the box to delete all the ones I have found the found caches continue to show up on my search. Why when I check the box do they continue to show up?

Where is it that you are seeing this 'delete' check box?

This is the page I go to:http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx. Why do my finds continue to show up?

This is the page I go to:http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx. Why do my finds continue to show up?

I don't know what the problem with the first 12 posters is, I know exactly what you're talking about. ;)

On the page he references, the ol' advanced search page, even if you check the box saying "Exclude your owned or found items from results", you still see your owned and found items, and have for several months now.

I don't know what the problem with the first 12 posters is, I know exactly what you're talking about. ;)

On the page he references, the ol' advanced search page, even if you check the box saying "Exclude your owned or found items from results", you still see your owned and found items, and have for several months now.

Yeppers there be a bug a boo with the check box! I too see my found and owned caches with the exclude option checked.

Its been noted several times over the past few months.

Seems like an easy fix as well - I am having trouble understanding why it has not been fixed in any of the last 3 releases.

As a workaround - you can go to any cache listing in the area and scroll down to click on the link for nearby caches you have not found.

new66.jpg

Also, you may want to change the title (or get someone who can to change it) - your problem is not search by zip, its with additional caches showing up which you don't want. The zip code part works fine...

Well I dont seem to have the problem when I try by GC or by state or by keyword or by coords so Im sticking with having a problem searching by Zip code.

As another workaround just go to the end of the original search results URL and add &f=1

Somehow seems like that is going backwards when we should be going forwards.

Maybe that is why I called it a workaround. It is a temporary solution until the site is fixed.