good log reads

I'm guessing it's just my area but are there many logs out there with good stories about their trip to get the cache. I mean logs in the cache itself. All the ones here are just date and names. I'd like to be able to sit in the woods or something and read about peoples experiences getting the cache.

I never thought to write my thoughts or experiences in the cache log itself. I always thought to save that for online. That way I can reflect on how I got there, what I saw. But now I've hid 2 caches of my own and one is a Terrain 4.5 and I would love to be able to take that hike to the cache, sit down and read what others have to say about it.

Maybe I will start to take the time to write about my fantastic finds also. :P

I'm guessing it's just my area but are there many logs out there with good stories about their trip to get the cache. I mean logs in the cache itself. All the ones here are just date and names. I'd like to be able to sit in the woods or something and read about peoples experiences getting the cache.

woow you can actually sit in the woods and read?

here its either -20C or an army of mosquitoes attacking me, last thing i wanna do is sit still :P

online is where people write their stories, its more permanent than a log book, plus i can read it anytime i feel like

here its either -20C or an army of mosquitoes attacking me, last thing i wanna do is sit still :P

online is where people write their stories, its more permanent than a log book, plus i can read it anytime i feel like

If you find older, regular sized caches with original log books you will often see paper logs that consist of a paragraph or two. It's only since the micro explosion that people write little more than date and name, even with the larger logbooks in regular sized caches.

If you find older, regular sized caches with original log books you will often see paper logs that consist of a paragraph or two. It's only since the micro explosion that people write little more than date and name, even with the larger logbooks in regular sized caches.

Indeed. I haven't been caching long but when I started I thought that "09/24/09 brslk TNLN TFTC" was the norm.

I have since learned that it isn't, or shouldn't be.

I've made an effort to try to be more verbose when possible on both the online log and the physical one.

I try to write a short paragraph when the logbook is big enough, especially for puzzle caches (where you can't write about the puzzle solution in the online log). Some of the puzzle multi-caches around here still have significant handwritten logs in the logbook in the container.

This is correct. There are actually threads discussing this phenonenon. Looking at a logbook from say a 2003 cache placement, and watching all the logs suddenly turn to name and date only around 2007 or so is quite amazing. Been there done that. :D

Indeed. I haven't been caching long but when I started I thought that "09/24/09 brslk TNLN TFTC" was the norm.

Nope, never seen that in a log around here. Must be a local phenomenon. :P

My log length tends to vary with the effort put forth by the hider. But I do tend to write a bit more from the comfort of home/work than I do out in the field.