Sneaky Caches

I want to put in some more caches near my neighborhood since not many exist. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for some real sneaky caches that you can't just see... You have to look to find. I want something clever as a host too!

Clever can be good but be careful that you don't cross into the line of PIA.

A rock in a rock pile isn't clever.

A reflector on a pole can be clever.

Fake blade of grass... not even close to fun.

I want to put in some more caches near my neighborhood since not many exist. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for some real sneaky caches that you can't just see... You have to look to find. I want something clever as a host too!

My wheels are always turning. There are all sorts of clever ideas. Keep an eye on the forums and think outside of the box. Think of a cache that you might enjoy or one that would be so interesting you wouldn't soon forget it.

Clever can be good but be careful that you don't cross into the line of PIA.

A rock in a rock pile isn't clever.

There's nothing wrong with a PIA cache. No one has to find it if they don't want to. I've found it oddly enjoyable to search for a rock in a big rock pile even if I was there two hours and didn't find it.

The cleverest caches are the ones that people create themselves. Anyone can buy a fake bolt and put it on a sign. Come up with an idea in your head and then find a way to create it and cammo it. Put some time and effort in to it. Create a theme that goes from the cache to the cache page and such. Cachers will play along with the theme in their logs. Use cues in the enviroment to add to the cleverness of the cache. If you use your own imagination and creativity, it's virtually impossible for someone to have already found a cache like it.

Just remember that hard to find caches don't automaticlly equal good and fun caches.

I'm sure if you have a lot of founds you will pick up some good idea's for your own hides. It's very positive you want to make someting creative. You can have a look to some vendors for special containers, but more important investigate the environment of the place where you want to place a cache, so you might see a cleaver place to hide something.

im considering super gluing an asphalt one to the side of the road and making the screw on lid facing out, and concealed by grass. So if you look at it (and your a cacher), the seam against the road and immovability gives it away. Sound like a good idea?

Edited by Natman3400

there are alot of hides that can be spotted from 50 yards away

we went to a part last week and there was a lonely tree in the middle of the field and the gps was pointed right at it

when we were 50 ft away we could see the pile of sticks... that is not a good hide

the same day the gps is point 10 ft off the trail there were at least 5 fallen logs in a 30 ft radius

it took some searching to find that that was a decent hide

I have started hiding my caches so there are multiple places the cach could be hidden at ground zero

and dont forget altitudes