1st Cache Submitted: I'm stoked!

Dibley68

Well, having been part of this amazing game, I've decided to bring my A game. Thanks to ALL that participate in this forum. You all have certainly brought some great ideas to the table.

I'm excited. Wait, I'm REALLY excited about my first drop. I read all the rules, prepped my cache, researched my GZ and now am awaiting the publishing. What was YOUR first cache planting experience like?

Cheers!

Mine was find a couple hundred caches and figure out what I liked to do.

Then design a puzzle and make it work.

Finally, hide the cache and wait patiently for the FTF log entry.

No great excitement, just something to do to pay back to the rest of the cachers.

I remember being all excited to get my first cache published once I decided what I wanted to do. Overall though, the cache never really worked out how I wanted it to, I ended up doing a lot of maintainence, and eventually archived it because maintanence was a constant issue. I coulda gotten frustrated, but I used it as a learning experience and I have since placed much better caches. :laughing:

Good luck with yours!

Just recently we placed our first cache, but we decided it would be a good area for one a year ago. Moving house and internet problems got in the way. I think the wait wasn't wasted because it's probably a better hide for the extra thought that's gone into it over time. Even so, I got a few things wrong with my cache page so it was rejected a couple of times until I ironed out the wording. That meant the release was delayed, so we couldn't wait by eagerly to see who would be FTF, so that bit was an anti-climax really. :) One of the first people to find it came back with a radio presenter a week or so later and so it was on our local radio, which was pretty cool.

We're looking into placing some more now, but taking our time, to see what would be the right place and type of cache. No rush.

Glld luck with your cache, Dibley68!

I just got my first one authorized an hour ago!!!!. It is thrilling to see your cache up there with all the others with your name on it .

I left another somewhere but thought after it was too public a place to etrieve it unnoticed and so decided not to submit it. I will go back for cache and use it elsewhere.

I just started Geocaching last week and LOVE it! Spent weekend camouflaging boxes and containers and now when I am out driving I am always on look out where would be a place to leave one.

I just got my first one authorized an hour ago!!!!. It is thrilling to see your cache up there with all the others with your name on it .

I left another somewhere but thought after it was too public a place to etrieve it unnoticed and so decided not to submit it. I will go back for cache and use it elsewhere.

I just started Geocaching last week and LOVE it! Spent weekend camouflaging boxes and containers and now when I am out driving I am always on look out where would be a place to leave one.

Same here! Mine got published courtesy Prime Reviewer (thank you!) and I'm eager to see who is the FTF! I've spent a lot of time making my cache containers while reviewing comments on this forum and didn't want to just hide anything anywhere. If you are the FTF you will understand my diligence.

And I too spend time on the road scouting out potential sites. I must have driven 100 miles on Saturday before I found my first site!

Same here! Mine got published courtesy Prime Reviewer (thank you!) and I'm eager to see who is the FTF! I've spent a lot of time making my cache containers while reviewing comments on this forum and didn't want to just hide anything anywhere. If you are the FTF you will understand my diligence.

And I too spend time on the road scouting out potential sites. I must have driven 100 miles on Saturday before I found my first site!

Looks like a great location I'd enjoy visiting (Google street viewed it). Wow, 3.9 miles to the nearest existing cache. And no FTF for over 3 days.

Looks like a great location I'd enjoy visiting (Google street viewed it). Wow, 3.9 miles to the nearest existing cache. And no FTF for over 3 days.

Yeah, pretty odd but I'm sure someone will pick it up soon. It's not in a high traffic area on the weekdays.

Edited by Dibley68

I just made my first hide today too! I am particularly excited because I was able to make a good size hide (2 gallon container) in an area that is almost all micros and a few smalls.

The FTFs already came by, and I'm on pins and needles for more finders!