Odd email

MBFace

I received an email through the site yesterday "hi, I really need help with the code plz send me a clue/the answer :) asap :blink: thnx" It's from a cacher called cutetigerk - joined yesterday, no finds. As we have only cached in the UK and the IOM and don't own any puzzle caches I assume it either relates to a cache we've found over here or is some sort of spam. I don't feel inclined to reply. Has any one else had a similar email from him/her/them?

MBF

It could be a newbie who's tried to do a cache and seen your name as the last log on it so just clicked on it and emailed you. I guess they didn't tick the box that sends their email address through the system with the email?

There are no finds in the account so they obviously didn't log a DNF.

If you have doubts just forward it to contact@geocaching.com and ask them to check. Spamming through the site is against the T's&C's

Chris (MrB)

I received an email through the site yesterday "hi, I really need help with the code plz send me a clue/the answer :blink: asap :) thnx" It's from a cacher called cutetigerk - joined yesterday, no finds. As we have only cached in the UK and the IOM and don't own any puzzle caches I assume it either relates to a cache we've found over here or is some sort of spam. I don't feel inclined to reply. Has any one else had a similar email from him/her/them?

MBF

I had an email similar to that but the name was: seasoning, they had also joined the previous day.

The reason I didn't reply was because I was at work and reading it off my Blackerry, then forgot!

I kinda feel glad i didn't answer now?

(I could be looking into it more than i should, but i just checked and there is no such name now!) :)

I looked yesterday and they hadn't found a cache, now they've found a cache (GC1WPPP) on 27th February. They must be walking backwards that's why you can't work out what they want.

Thanks Bernard. From that it looks as though they are local to me at least. I'll reply.

I looked yesterday and they hadn't found a cache, now they've found a cache (GC1WPPP) on 27th February. They must be walking backwards that's why you can't work out what they want.

Thanks Bernard. From that it looks as though they are local to me at least. I'll reply.

I got a odd email one, it was from some woman who wanted to talk about my nuts

:)

How strange... you could always email them that the answer is 42... because it's the answer to everything... LOL. MaxKim

Having replied that I didn't know what they wanted this came back

"OP AH ED LD YC OV XH FH PW RV

TV RY HO YC PO RO NL MH SR LP

UD OH UD OH TY PQ LR TY HE AR

VR FH PW RV TV RY HO YC OV XH

QP DU EC NV HP DU TV WU TY PQ

FY VH FN IP FV YP RK OH HY KS im assuming uve solved that code so you could find the geocache. If so please can u send me what it translates to :blink:"

Still no indication of which cache it is (or whether they've tried to solve it). I'm very tempted to reply with 42 as you suggest but I think I'll just point them in the direction of the cache owner :D:)

I got a odd email one, it was from some woman who wanted to talk about my nuts

B)

Where's the blushing smiley when you need one? Anyway it was all perfectly innocent!!!