Blank logs

geocyclist94

I was just going though some of the logs posted on my caches today and noticed a blank log.

For the amount of work you do to place and maintain a cache, you would expect a short comment on the cache. I mean even "TFTC" is better than nothing!

I would just like some opinions on this and if you delete or keep the log.

Thanks

--mich5483

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff!

And

Trying to control other people's behavior is more frustrating than herding cats.

Let it go. B)

I was just going though some of the logs posted on my caches today and noticed a blank log.

For the amount of work you do to place and maintain a cache, you would expect a short comment on the cache. I mean even "TFTC" is better than nothing!

Thanks

--mich5483

Perhaps send an email to the logger and ask them to revise their log. I, personally, would think a blank log was a glitch and delete it if it wasn't verified with some sort of text. I wouldn't care if it said "XJJ:JHG:LJVFJ" or something similar because at that point it identifies the personality of the cacher.

There's a log with a single letter of the alphabet, on one of my caches, a letter "d". I didn't remove it. So I doubt I'd remove a blank log -- unless the person didn't actually visit the cache & sign that log.

Some people use phone apps that "log the visit". They might not even read the cache page online, nor know that there's a place there to write stuff. You could email such cachers, and ask for a more substantial log. But do you really want to know what they have to say? B)

Edited by kunarion

Perhaps send an email to the logger and ask them to revise their log. I, personally, would think a blank log was a glitch and delete it if it wasn't verified with some sort of text.
Blank logs, What do you do about them?

Nothing.

Some people just don't like to write. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy finding my cache – and it certainly doesn’t give me any right to delete their presumably valid find record from my cache page.

If a log is too brief for your personal taste, or if a log does not satisfactorily stroke your ego, those are not good enough reasons for deletion. If you are going to delete someone’s Found It log from your cache page, you really need to have a better reason than that.

I see no reason to be offended or annoyed by blank logs.

Perhaps send an email to the logger and ask them to revise their log. I, personally, would think a blank log was a glitch and delete it if it wasn't verified with some sort of text.

Nothing.

Some people just don't like to write. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy finding my cache – and it certainly doesn’t give me any right to delete their presumably valid find record from my cache page.

If a log is too brief for your personal taste, or if a log does not satisfactorily stroke your ego, those are not good enough reasons for deletion. If you are going to delete someone’s Found It log from your cache page, you really need to have a better reason than that.

Actually you don't need even that much of a reason. I know what you are saying though.

It has been mentioned that it is a problem with people logging from a cell phone. Perhaps a polite note asking if that is the case. They may not even realize the situation.

Here's my shortest log for a find...It was all I could muster after being left speechless at the condition of the Cache and Trackable inventory...I sat there for a good ten minuites contemplating giving up on the game. This was after hiking over from about 3/4 of a mile away trying to redeem the bad morning of frustrating Caching.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...2a-fca23d81c0cc

Here's my shortest log for a find...It was all I could muster after being left speechless at the condition of the Cache and Trackable inventory...I sat there for a good ten minuites contemplating giving up on the game. This was after hiking over from about 3/4 of a mile away trying to redeem the bad morning of frustrating Caching.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...2a-fca23d81c0cc

I found a cache like that last week. Over 10 trackables missing.

Nothing.

ayep.

Like other COs, I too enjoy well-written, well-thought out, amusing log entries on my cache page. But I certainly don't expect that to be the norm. There can be numerous reasons for short log notes - maybe the person doesn't enjoy writing, maybe they aren't proficient at typing, maybe they are a disabled cacher, maybe they are a kid.

I'm just happy if they hunted the cache and, like others before me have said, I don't sweat the small stuff. B)