cointest - description for a new cache

The Stoned Wookie

I just placed a pirate related puzzle cache in my area. I want to make the description a little more pirate like though. What I need is a description that's a little more exciting. I'll leave it open for 7 days. Submissions made after 7:30 PM EST next Friday will not be considered. I'll pick three different submissions. The one that gets the most votes within 24 hours will be the winner.

The winner will get one of these:

To-the-edge-gld-blu-350.gif

Here is the cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...22-7006919253b3

Shiver me timbers, it be another o' them cointests.

Avast ye scoundrels! Me treasure's been pillaged and plundered! A thousand lashes t'the scurvy bilge rat who has committed this dastardly deed. A thousand pieces of eight t'one who finds it. And me and the crew be keel hauling the lot of ye who nary a try.

I'll not be placing me name in yer hat, I be only partakin' in the frivolity ye be havin' here.

(Translation: Oh dear, I can't find that thing I hid here. Could anyone help me find it please? You'll get a smiley for it. If you can't find it, you'll get a DNF, and if you don't try at all, well, there's nothing for you.

I'm not entering the cointest, just having fun with it.)

Avast ye scoundrels! Me treasure's been pillaged and plundered! A thousand lashes t'the scurvy bilge rat who has committed this dastardly deed. A thousand pieces of eight t'one who finds it. And me and the crew be keel hauling the lot of ye who nary a try.

I'll not be placing me name in yer hat, I be only partakin' in the frivolity ye be havin' here.

(Translation: Oh dear, I can't find that thing I hid here. Could anyone help me find it please? You'll get a smiley for it. If you can't find it, you'll get a DNF, and if you don't try at all, well, there's nothing for you.

Eartha must have worked on the Pirates' of the Caribbean in Orlando for some time I'd say :blink:

Edited by kini_ont

Arrrr mateys, come sit at me table and pull you up a tanker of yer favorite beverage and let me tell you a tale.

Once I was in charge of me own ship, and I sailed the seven seas plunderin' booty from all over, I decided that I needed to hide me treasure as a few of me own crew started eyein' what they shouldn't.

So I hid me treasure one night without anyone knowing, and that very next day, I woke up tied to a tree on an island marooned. The currs had stolen my ship...but not me treasure.

Problem is I need someone to go get me treasure, as well, I'm a bit well, accustomed to the land these days. I mean, I only got back here yesterday. So long ago. Arr, the salty air, the wind in yer hair, the fine caress of... err, that's for another story.

Anyway, would you go after me treasure? Of course I can't tell ye where it is, but I'll give ye a few hints to find the booty for yerself.

(insert clues here)

Well, what are ye waitin' for? My treasure awaits! I'll be here....drinkin on yer tab while you're gone. *cackle*

pirate-map-th.gif Arrr mateys, me booty has gone missing! I be lookin' fer a matey to locate it. Any scallywag brave enough to face the challenge will need to search for the information.

Here's the details. Part of the coordinates are listed below. You will need to look up some information for movies involving pirates. Ye’ll be walking the plank if ya mess up!

.................................................................................... pegleg.jpgAhoy ye landlubbers

Movie #1 - Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End - Multiply the month of the release X 10 then subtract one to get AA. I'll use August(8) as an example. 8x10=80. 80-1=79. AA would then equal 79.

Movie #2 - The Ice Pirates - Take the last digit of the year this movie was released. Multiply it to the fifth(5) power. Take that number and subtract 519. That will give you BBB. I'll use the year 2005 as and example. 5x5x5x5x5=3125. 3125-519=2606. Yes, I know that is four digits instead of three. It's just an example though.

Movie #3 - Pirates - I'll make this one simple. Add the second and third digits of the year it was released to get CC.

.......................................pirateflag.jpgN 30 52.6AA .. W 083 CC.BBB

Add a old parchment colored background

Edited by luckycharmer

Hello Sea dogs an' land lubbers,

i hope ye chose t' join me in th' search fer booty. ME booty.I be havin' misplaced th' map an' now I be havin' nay idee 'ere 'tis.

So , come along, will ye, an' help me find 't. Thar be plenty t' share once we find 't.

Let`s Go!!!

Opalsns

You guys actually write this stuff?? It must be hard, I worked long enough getting the punctuation right on my Catchline..."Umm...Where'm I Goin' ??

Maybe there should be a website that will translate into Pirate?? Just write normal, and out pops the translation.

You guys actually write this stuff?? It must be hard, I worked long enough getting the punctuation right on my Catchline..."Umm...Where'm I Goin' ??

Maybe there should be a website that will translate into Pirate?? Just write normal, and out pops the translation.

Actually there is!

The cache description as translated by Pirate Speak

Pirate Speak:

Ahoy, arrr mateys, me booty has gone missin', shiver me timbers! Me be lookin' fer a matey t' locate it. That scallywag shall walk the plank, shiver me timbers!

Har's the details. Part o' the coordinates be listed below. You will need t' look up some information for mo'ies in'ol'in' pirates.

Mo'ie #1 - Pirates o' the Carribean: At Worlds End - Multiply the month o' the release X 10 then subtract one t' get Aa. I'll use August(8) as an example. 8x10=80. 80-1=79. Aa would then equal 79.

Mo'ie #2 - The Ice Pirates - Take the last digit o' the year this mo'ie was released. Multiply it t' the fifth(5) power. Take that number and subtract 519. That will gi'e you Bbb. I'll use the year 2005 as and example. 5x5x5x5x5=3125. 3125-519=2606. Yes, I know that is four digits instead o' three. Tis' just an example though.

Mo'ie #3 - Pirates - I'll make this one simple. Add the second and third digits o' the year it was released t' get Cc.

Actually there is!

Is there one for HillBilly too

How bout' a translation site for holier than thous ? LOL!!! :anibad:

The voting shall begin. Feel free to vote for 2 of the choices.

pirate-map-th.gif Arrr mateys, me booty has gone missing! I be lookin' fer a matey to locate it. Any scallywag brave enough to face the challenge will need to search for the information.

Here's the details. Part of the coordinates are listed below. You will need to look up some information for movies involving pirates. Ye’ll be walking the plank if ya mess up!

.................................................................................... pegleg.jpgAhoy ye landlubbers

Movie #1 - Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End - Multiply the month of the release X 10 then subtract one to get AA. I'll use August(8) as an example. 8x10=80. 80-1=79. AA would then equal 79.

Movie #2 - The Ice Pirates - Take the last digit of the year this movie was released. Multiply it to the fifth(5) power. Take that number and subtract 519. That will give you BBB. I'll use the year 2005 as and example. 5x5x5x5x5=3125. 3125-519=2606. Yes, I know that is four digits instead of three. It's just an example though.

Movie #3 - Pirates - I'll make this one simple. Add the second and third digits of the year it was released to get CC.

.......................................pirateflag.jpgN 30 52.6AA .. W 083 CC.BBB

Add a old parchment colored background

Hello Sea dogs an' land lubbers,

i hope ye chose t' join me in th' search fer booty. ME booty.I be havin' misplaced th' map an' now I be havin' nay idee 'ere 'tis.

So , come along, will ye, an' help me find 't. Thar be plenty t' share once we find 't.

Let`s Go!!!

Opalsns

The cache description as translated by Pirate Speak

Pirate Speak:

Ahoy, arrr mateys, me booty has gone missin', shiver me timbers! Me be lookin' fer a matey t' locate it. That scallywag shall walk the plank, shiver me timbers!

Har's the details. Part o' the coordinates be listed below. You will need t' look up some information for mo'ies in'ol'in' pirates.

Mo'ie #1 - Pirates o' the Carribean: At Worlds End - Multiply the month o' the release X 10 then subtract one t' get Aa. I'll use August(8) as an example. 8x10=80. 80-1=79. Aa would then equal 79.

Mo'ie #2 - The Ice Pirates - Take the last digit o' the year this mo'ie was released. Multiply it t' the fifth(5) power. Take that number and subtract 519. That will gi'e you Bbb. I'll use the year 2005 as and example. 5x5x5x5x5=3125. 3125-519=2606. Yes, I know that is four digits instead o' three. Tis' just an example though.

Mo'ie #3 - Pirates - I'll make this one simple. Add the second and third digits o' the year it was released t' get Cc.

Edited by Ford Freak

I'll will pass on this entry, if you don't mind and let the 2 winners be #1 and #3.

Alot of work went into their entry's and Although I LOVE that beautiful coin of yours, I LOVE to give back to this awesome community, So I'l sit this one out.

Thanx for the FUN though!!!!!!!

Tee Hee!!!

I mean ,

ARGGGH!!!!!

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

Yes, Thank You for giving all 4 of us a coin.

That was most generous of you.

Now if Everyone had a cointest , how fun would that be!!!!!!!!!

But alas,

Some just come in, win coins and never have a cointest in return ....

And then there are awesome folks like you that make everyone smile and give everyone a coin..

You Rock!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx SOOOO Much!!!

Opalsns