Can't renew premium membership

Sierra Tomb Raiders

My premium membership will expire in a couple of weeks and I've attempted to renew it 3 separate times by submitting my credit card number, but I don't get any response or receipt. My profile page continues to show my renewal date as 8/8/09. I've never had this problem before and have been unable to get a reply from Groundspeak regarding it. What is going on?

Hmmm. I got some sort of a failure notice from PayPal the other day on my monthly acct. Connected? Wait and see I guess.

One other thing to consider, there are no "monthly" memberships anymore. The 3 months for $10 is as close as you get.

If you're having trouble purchasing or renewing a Premium Membership, first check the knowledgebase articles in case it is something simple. If that doesn't help you can send an email to contact@geocaching.com and we will be happy to sort it out.

I tried contact@geocaching.com. I got a ticket number. It said that a "staff member would review it and reply accordingly." So far, no word and I still cannot renew.

I tried contact@geocaching.com. I got a ticket number. It said that a "staff member would review it and reply accordingly." So far, no word and I still cannot renew.

The forums are mostly just made up with regular cachers like yourself. We have no more access to the system then you do. The only way to get help with this is to do exactly what the lackey suggested.

My premium membership expires Aug. 3 and I'm positive that I read somewhere that the auto-renewal payments go through approx. 10 days in advance, which would have meant last Friday. The payment hasn't gone through yet.... when do you think I should expect the payment to go through?

Hi,

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have been receiving more e-mails then normal over the last couple weeks and we are trying to keep up. We really appreciate your patience as we try and get through them all as fast as we can.

Magicstan- It looks like Annie and you have already been talking so I will leave you in her capable hands.

Teddy2k- I will be sending you and e-mail with an update on your account status shortly.

Happy caching!

Is this a general problem or just specific to some of us?

I have tried to buy a gift membership for another user for the last 2 days. I keep getting hung up on Step 2 of 4. (After several minutes of waiting after selecting "continue to next step" I get the Groundspeak error page.)

I was trying credit card so I switched to Paypal just now to see if it makes a difference. It doesn't.

It seems the one thing Groundspeak should have right is accepting money from people, but this is pretty hard.

My premium membership will expire in a couple of weeks and I've attempted to renew it 3 separate times by submitting my credit card number, but I don't get any response or receipt. My profile page continues to show my renewal date as 8/8/09. I've never had this problem before and have been unable to get a reply from Groundspeak regarding it. What is going on?

This happened to me but I figured out a work around. You are probably set to auto-renew, try this...

1) Log on to your account

2) Click on your user name top right

3) Scroll down left column to "View my account details"

4) Scroll to "My membership" (on left) and click on "Change"

5) Turn off auto-renew if it's on.

6) Click on "renew membership" and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps everyone having this problem!

-Mark

Not helping me. When I went thru the steps and got to the My Membership Details page there is no option to turn On or Off auto-renew. The text says it's set to auto-renew YES but I got an email stating my membership was going to expire and would NOT auto-renew. It also says that memberships that begin with an S- were grandfathered in and some instructions on how to cancel this thru PayPal. I spent a half an hour in my PayPal account and couldn't find anything about automatic payments to Groundspeak being set to go and able to be cancelled.

Sent an email and just got the canned ticket number response. I'm pretty computer savvy, I feel sorry for someone without good patience or abilities on the computer trying to muddle thru this. I have no clue it my account is getting ready to auto-renew or not.... :)

Not helping me. When I went thru the steps and got to the My Membership Details page there is no option to turn On or Off auto-renew. The text says it's set to auto-renew YES but I got an email stating my membership was going to expire and would NOT auto-renew. It also says that memberships that begin with an S- were grandfathered in and some instructions on how to cancel this thru PayPal. I spent a half an hour in my PayPal account and couldn't find anything about automatic payments to Groundspeak being set to go and able to be cancelled.

Sent an email and just got the canned ticket number response. I'm pretty computer savvy, I feel sorry for someone without good patience or abilities on the computer trying to muddle thru this. I have no clue it my account is getting ready to auto-renew or not.... :)

I was able to cancel your PayPal subscription, so now your account will not autorenew, regardless of what any emails say. I'm sending you a separate email with more info.