marriage proposal

wemple9

I am brand new to this, I have not looked for a cach nor have I created a cach. My friend turned me on to this a few days ago and I thought it looked like a fun thing to do with my girlfriend. Wile looking through some of the caches in my area, I thought of a great idea. I have been trying to come up with an idea of how to propose to my girlfriend, and I think this is it. So my question is, how long dose it take to get a cash up on the site and can (or should) I remove it afterwords. Thanks for any advice on making the a very fun and extremely memorable experience for a very happy couple.

Thank you in advance.

I am brand new to this, I have not looked for a cach nor have I created a cach. My friend turned me on to this a few days ago and I thought it looked like a fun thing to do with my girlfriend. Wile looking through some of the caches in my area, I thought of a great idea. I have been trying to come up with an idea of how to propose to my girlfriend, and I think this is it. So my question is, how long dose it take to get a cash up on the site and can (or should) I remove it afterwords. Thanks for any advice on making the a very fun and extremely memorable experience for a very happy couple.

Thank you in advance.

You might want to reconsider. You might not want to marry the first to find hound that finds the cache before your girlfriend. It might be awkward explaining to her why this other person wants to marry you. I would stick with a private cache. But if you really want, 5 minutes to 72 hours.

Jim

To answer your question : anywhere from minutes to a few days, depending on the reviewer's availability.

Having answered that...

There are a few threads around on the topic. The best one I did is that someone hid a cache with an engagement ring, but did not publish it. He got his girlfriend to go hunt for it (claiming it is a new cache). Asked her to search another spot, slipped in the ring, got her back, and when she found the cache and opened it, saw the ring.

This is smart on a few levels:

1. You won't have cachers after a FTF crashing your romantic moment

2. You won't have your engagement ring stolen (or traded)

Assuming she accepts :unsure: you can have the cache published later.

I do not plan on putting the ring in the cach that would be just the dumbest thing I have ever done. I plan on putting in a poem or a simple will you marry me, than present the ring.

How do I make a private cach than, I what to be able to log in with her and "find an interesting cach to go find" and make sure she is the one to find it.

I do not plan on putting the ring in the cach that would be just the dumbest thing I have ever done. I plan on putting in a poem or a simple will you marry me, than present the ring.

How do I make a private cach than, I what to be able to log in with her and "find an interesting cach to go find" and make sure she is the one to find it.

Ring in this unpublished cache before she was asked the question:

Marry Me

More traditional:

Fox Proposal Point

As a woman, I think it's sweet. Make sure you pick a beautiful and memorable spot, as it's going to hold a lot of meaning for you two in the future. You might even want to pick a nature preserve or a national/state/county park so you know it'll be likely to stay beautiful. Maybe pack a romantic picnic? Or stash some champagne nearby? I can just see some geocaching-related pre-wedding activities...

*sigh* takes me back. Congrats & best wishes! :unsure:

were anyone to propose marriage to me (a moot issue), he would not be doing it by way of cute scenarios or fabricated moments, at least not if he had a hope of me marrying him.

similarly, i would not be married in any cute or novel fashion, but quietly in a church without frilly bows or matching clothing.

i cannot imagine the level of annoyance i would feel at having to hunt for a proposal or having to play guessing games at such an important juncture.

Very romantic of you to think of this!

Is it necessary that you find it online "together" and decide to look for it? Couldn't you just find a few online yourself or perhaps say "so and so at work told me about this cache here are the coordinates" or some other such thing on a day of "normal" caching?

Of course, you could always put the note in a normal cache with the typical "PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE" notice on whatever it is you want for your fiance.

Posting it publically could be cool! you could post it as a theme cache and ask visitors to write advice for a happy marriage in the log.

Congratulations and good job on thinking of a proposal!

thanks so far for the good advice however i still dont know how to post a private cache

You don't. You can create a cache listing, and print it out, pretending it is a published cache. You can look over a few nearby caches online, print them out, slip this one in.

And flask : I don't think the plan is to say "hey, go hunt for your engagement gift", but rather to spring it as a surprise on the girlfriend, who opens up the cache to find the ring / poem / champagne / whatever.

there are a lot of caches in a very nice park near by with a few caches init. i think im gonna do some recherche on them and find out which locations i like the best. and use the one i like the best and place my own near by and make sure she finds the one i place so i dont have to post my own. but i do like the marriage suggestion cache idea too, keep em coming.

thanks to everyone a lot of great ideas i think she is really going to like this .

Most of the time proposal caches are placed and found by the bride to be before the cache is published. Then the cache is published and found by many well wishers.

You wouldn't want someone else to find the engagement ring now would you?

Are those "Wood Badge" beads on your avatar?

And flask : I don't think the plan is to say "hey, go hunt for your engagement gift", but rather to spring it as a surprise on the girlfriend, who opens up the cache to find the ring / poem / champagne / whatever.

yeah, i got that. i would not want an important moment of my life such as that to be framed in a cute manufactured surprise scenario.

i would expect such a thing to come quietly and in private. i don't want to find a ring in my dessert, i don't want to be proposed to on a racecourse, and i do not wish to be surprised in any way.

i am not interested in making scrapbook memories of storybook moments. it isn't about the proposal or the wedding; it's about the marriage.

Let's hope the OP knows his girlfriend well then

yeah. i hope it works out for him.

i am aware that there are women out there who want fussy scrapbook moments, and that there are a bazillion men out there who no matter how hard they try cannot figure out what the women they care for want.

Most of the time proposal caches are placed and found by the bride to be before the cache is published. Then the cache is published and found by many well wishers.

You wouldn't want someone else to find the engagement ring now would you?

Are those "Wood Badge" beads on your avatar?

Yep, I used to be an eagle and a good ol eagle too!

Somewhere with a nice view, not too difficult a climb, and a backup cache just in case the original gets muggled. Put a toy ring in, even! Now....what are you going to call the cache? "Will she, won't she?" I am not sure if the cache name can be changed (someone please tell me), but it could become "She said Yes."

All the best, you know what she would like - to be asked by someone whom you love is very special, where ever it is. We were in a plane flying over an observatory here in Victoria BC.

I am an old romantic, so would love to hear how things go.

I actually think this is a lovely idea. I have been married for nearly 3 years now and I can honestly say that its the best move we made. Both of us are so happy!

Good Luck and contgratulations on having a great imagination, My guy just proposed on the sofa as we were watching a movie! lol

Claire

I think this is the best idea ever! Your future wife will love this. Don't pay any attention to all these negative people -- this is extremely sweet.

No need to publicize the cache. Just figure out the coordinates on your GPS and pretend like you are taking her on any other cache event. Good luck and I hope she says YES!

A proposal cache beat how my hubby proposed to me...

he asked me while we were sitting in my office at work. Nothing special, nothing sweet, just plain asked me while I was at work. Blah.

Oh how I would have loved to have been proposed to in some more romantic manner.

Oh Well, at least he's been a good, solid, stable hubby/father for 18 years. That's what counts after all.

A proposal cache beat how my hubby proposed to me...

he asked me while we were sitting in my office at work. Nothing special, nothing sweet, just plain asked me while I was at work. Blah.

Oh how I would have loved to have been proposed to in some more romantic manner.

Oh Well, at least he's been a good, solid, stable hubby/father for 18 years. That's what counts after all.

see, now, that's my idea of a perfect proposal. maybe my sense of romance is misplaced, but to me a sober, no-nonsense proposal seems to me to be the sweetest of all. since this thread popped up i've kind of been struggling with the "why".

maybe because it's easy to make a grand gesture or to play games, but a solid partnership is harder to come by?

maybe it says to me i love you the way i love oxygen.

I think this is the best idea ever! Your future wife will love this. Don't pay any attention to all these negative people -- this is extremely sweet.

No need to publicize the cache. Just figure out the coordinates on your GPS and pretend like you are taking her on any other cache event. Good luck and I hope she says YES!

i'm not being negative, i just asked a question. my thinking was that when you're normally talking to someone you are supposed to make eye contact, so i figured when you are asking one of the most important questions you'll ever ask someone that eye contact is somewhat important.

i'm not being negative, i just asked a question. my thinking was that when you're normally talking to someone you are supposed to make eye contact, so i figured when you are asking one of the most important questions you'll ever ask someone that eye contact is somewhat important.

I assume that when she finds the cache and realize what it is, she'll turn around and look at the OP, at which point he should be looking at her making eye contact, and probably verbally propose as well.