How do I get stats without a premium membership?

Anyone know how I can get stats without spending any money? I'm only a kid. Any Ideas?

Do 'em yourself on Excel. It's time consuming, but if you have lots of time and don't want to spend money you can customize your spreadsheet to your heart's content.

Anyone know how I can get stats without spending any money? I'm only a kid. Any Ideas?

Are you telling me you've been a member for a half a year and you still cannot come up with 30 bucks for premium membership?

Let me tell ya, it is well worth the money. Once you get it, you'll wonder how you got by without it.

Do 'em yourself on Excel. It's time consuming, but if you have lots of time and don't want to spend money you can customize your spreadsheet to your heart's content.

You can't with any of the stats generators. You need to be able to run pocket queries and receive GPX files and those features are only available to premium members.

As EdScott mentioned, your only alternative is to do them manually.

I was in the same position for about 9 months. The day I got my membership I ran that Finds PQ. Boy $30 bucks per year is worth it, mainly for PQ's so you can load caches into your GPS.

I was in the same position for about 9 months. The day I got my membership I ran that Finds PQ. Boy $30 bucks per year is worth it, mainly for PQ's so you can load caches into your GPS.

Exactly.

I can't believe how much easier it is to load pocket queries than to do everything manually. I was skeptical about the $30 at first but now I know it's a bargain.

You don't need to be a premium member to get a stats bbar.... you need someone to write a script that will display your stats for you.

I've got one on my forum signature for my local forum here in the UK. I got it before I upgraded to premium membership. It was written by one of the forum users and updates my stats from GC within 48 hrs

Edited by janw7256

Yeah.... and it's fairly simple.

"Mom, Dad..... I want a Premium membership for my birthday present." Now they know exactly what to get you each year, and it's not all that money.

As a side note..... being a kid, and lack of money, don't necessarily go hand in hand. Scraping up $30 may be hard to do when one is on a tight budget. Go easy on this person, you don't know what financial situation the whole family may be in. $30 to someone unemployed is a lot of groceries, or a tank of gas.

Or use Google Docs. Or enter each cache manually into GSAK (you can download the LOC, then fill in the rest of the necessary data). GSAK will nag at you after 15 days, but you can still use it. You need the FindStatGen3 macro to generate stats.

To use INATN or cacherstats, you need the GPX from My Finds. Again, you can construct one by hand by filling in the important stuff (difficulty, terrain, size, date hidden, etc.). If you know some programming / scripting, you can make it easier to build and maintain the file.

You don't need to be a premium member to get a stats bbar.... you need someone to write a script that will display your stats for you.

I've got one on my forum signature for my local forum here in the UK. I got it before I upgraded to premium membership. It was written by one of the forum users and updates my stats from GC within 48 hrs

Of course, scraping data from the site using these means is against the Terms of Use and can cause you to be banned from the site.

Mow a few lawns, clean a few pools, walk a bunch of dogs, run some errands for your mom's friends?

Or hide some really awesome caches in your area and maybe someone will gift you a membership?

$30/year is less than $1/week. Then you can get a Premium membership, run PQ's and fill your profile with those impersonal charts and graphs full of colors and numbers that really don't tell us much about who you are as a geocacher.

I like numbers, I like my numbers, I just don't get why so many of us think that this is all that defines us as geocachers?