Plastic Cache Containers

Your description sounds like a vial (medical; blood, etc) for a centrifuge; and prolly the 2-ml size. Is it kinda bullet shaped on the bottom end - a sort've rounded point? Basically, like the one on the right in this pic?

KJ305-307.jpg

If so, that's what it is. I've got a couple dozen of 'em....they make some mean hides!

Downside to obtaining some - it's hard to find less than case-lots, & can be kinda spendy at that quantity. Broken stock peddlers tend to be re-e-e-a-a-l proud of 'em too (if you know what I mean) - then kill you a 2nd time on shipping.

~*

Your description sounds like a vial (medical; blood, etc) for a centrifuge; and prolly the 2-ml size. Is it kinda bullet shaped on the bottom end - a sort've rounded point? Basically, like the one on the right in this pic?

KJ305-307.jpg

If so, that's what it is. I've got a couple dozen of 'em....they make some mean hides!

Downside to obtaining some - it's hard to find less than case-lots, & can be kinda spendy at that quantity. Broken stock peddlers tend to be re-e-e-a-a-l proud of 'em too (if you know what I mean) - then kill you a 2nd time on shipping.

~*

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Next poster had a good link to some that might work.

A year or so ago, I followed a trail of these around, and (after calling the owner) replaced them with dry containers (matchsafes) until I ran out of matchsafes.

They aren't intended for multiple open/close cycles. So they don't handle that well. No doubt there are places where they'll work. But not anyplace where they might be exposed to water or dirt.

yeah those are the same thing i just emailed you a pic of. I have about a dozen of them. I have to agree with the previous posters though on not being to waterproof. If you are going to use them i would recommend putting in rite in the rain paper logs or honestly just use a cryo tube. Only slightly larger and they are completely watertight and virtually indestructible.

Check these out: Tube Vaults. They are sturdy and not terribly expensive.

We call those soda bottle preforms, and they make awesome micros. You could run over one of those suckers with a tank without hurting it.

If you'd rather pay just over $0.60 each, instead of $1.55 each, you can buy them in lots of 30 from Educational Innovations.

http://www.teachersource.com/Chemistry/Pre...dCaps_30pk.aspx

yeah those are the same thing i just emailed you a pic of. I have about a dozen of them. I have to agree with the previous posters though on not being to waterproof. If you are going to use them i would recommend putting in rite in the rain paper logs or honestly just use a cryo tube. Only slightly larger and they are completely watertight and virtually indestructible.

I was looking up potential answers for this thread on Saturday, but the site took a dump and I couldn't get back in to post this LINK.

These things look awesome, and certainly MUCH more waterproof than the flip-top thingies.

Check these out: Tube Vaults. They are sturdy and not terribly expensive.

We call those soda bottle preforms, and they make awesome micros. You could run over one of those suckers with a tank without hurting it.

If you'd rather pay just over $0.60 each, instead of $1.55 each, you can buy them in lots of 30 from Educational Innovations.

http://www.teachersource.com/Chemistry/Pre...dCaps_30pk.aspx

Thanks for that info, just got some ordered up! :rolleyes: