Have you been contacted by a Columbia Student

a women by the name of Malia P. She contacted me through the websight and said she was interested in doing a piece on geocaching for her journalism course.

Originally I said that I would take her on a short geocaching trip, but I pulled out when I found out that she had planned to filme the meeting.

I had two reservations- one that she did not tell me she planned from the beginning to film our meeting- I like to remain anonomous and two I would not want to have the location of any caches filmed for the obivious reasons.

Were you contacted ?

Edited by woodstrider

One of our local Geocachers has been filmed for a local talk show about geocaching. He took the camera crew on a trail to find a few caches. If you have a problem about your identity, disguise your face, put on a big hat, etc. As long as the exact location & geocache identity is not broadcasted, I don't think it should be a problem. Have fun! Use stealth :laughing: !

Was she hot??

Sheesh! Can I be blunt? Can I?

Okay, I am gonna be blunt... I am gonna tell you, to your face, EXACTLY what is on my mind...

It is my feeling that you are almost as immature as me. And you beat me to it; I was gonna ask the same thing that you did.

Oh, and to me, it sounds REALLY BIZARRE and REALLY RUDE that the journalism student did not reveal to the OP up front that she planned to film the outing. Very strange....

No, but I've heard from a few Nigerian lawyers about several of my relatives who have died recently. I'm now worth millions and millions and millions. :D

Much the same here, except that in my case it was several Nigerian bank officers who needed to get surplus funds from unclaimed accounts belonging to possibly-distant relatives of mine out of their country fast. As a result of their kindness and generosity, I am now a multi-millionaire. I am very happy.

Moderately so, I'd say....

Malia_Politzer_bios.jpgBIO

....but nowheres near as hawt as my beluvd Sioneva!

But hmmmmm! Ain't 'Malia Politzer' Portuguese for 'Ovation Supranaturalè' or..........*gasp*!!

Oh, you know it, babe! :D

And I make a darned good martini, too...

As one of Sioneva's 174+ geo-stalkers (she also stalks, so it is reciprocal), I can testify that Sioneva is insanely HOT!

No, but I've heard from a few Nigerian lawyers about several of my relatives who have died recently. I'm now worth millions and millions and millions. :D

Much the same here, except that in my case it was several Nigerian bank officers who needed to get surplus funds from unclaimed accounts belonging to possibly-distant relatives of mine out of their country fast. As a result of their kindness and generosity, I am now a multi-millionaire. I am very happy.

Whoah, me too. Except I had to pull out of the deal where they were going to sign the check because they wanted to film it.

As for being contacted by the Journalism Major. Nope.

Edited by Renegade Knight

The journalism students contacted approximately 10 geocachers who had placed caches somewhat near the Columbia University campus, a group that includes both woodstrider and Harry via their northern Central Park hides, and also myself and others.

I don't know if the message I originally received was identical to everyone else's, but it clearly identified the identity of the online magazine, and by clicking through on my own I discovered that every article in the magazine is a montage of several multimedia components, including videos, audio clips, interactive flash widgets, etc. The publication is a meld of print, video and Internet journalism. They still made clear well before we met in person that they hoped to film different aspects of geocaching, and I found their approach and manner neither bizarre nor rude. They have been nothing but respectful throughout the process.

With a lot of hides in the Bronx, but none in even northernmost Manhattan, we weren't contacted. We were recently contacted by a small newsweekly in a part of Westchester County where we do have a lot of hides, we were interviewed and photographed, but I believe given the obscurity of the magazine involved that I only posted on the Metro NY GC forum about that one.

The journalism students contacted approximately 10 geocachers who had placed caches somewhat near the Columbia University campus, a group that includes both woodstrider and Harry via their northern Central Park hides, and also myself and others.

I don't know if the message I originally received was identical to everyone else's, but it clearly identified the identity of the online magazine, and by clicking through on my own I discovered that every article in the magazine is a montage of several multimedia components, including videos, audio clips, interactive flash widgets, etc. The publication is a meld of print, video and Internet journalism. They still made clear well before we met in person that they hoped to film different aspects of geocaching, and I found their approach and manner neither bizarre nor rude. They have been nothing but respectful throughout the process.

And, as an added bonus, she's moderately hot. <_<