Allegany State Park GeoBash IV

ATMouse

This is the fourth year of the Allegany State Park GeoBash, a family centered event that went Mega last year. We have children’s crafts, special children’s activities, dedicated children’s caches (including night caches!), even children focused classes to help them be thoughtful and canny cachers.

We haven’t forgotten those of us without small children. There will be seminars to teach how to create Earthcaches, how to safely cache with your GeoDog as well as one-on-one assistance to folks with questions on how to hone their caching skills. We will have lots of new caches in the park, including our signature night caches. On Saturday night, we will be having a blow-out-all-the-speakers street dance for everyone – small fry and adults alike.

Ask anyone who has attended our event in the past will tell you that this is a fun time!

Those who love all that glitters (Coin Folk!) will be treated to a Coin Expo at the site of last year’s ‘Bash. There will be lots of opportunities to trade and admire collections.

Hogwildstuff is our coin sponsor and will be on-site to have vendor’s table. We hope to attract other vendors, too. Our event page is GC1DG47

And there will be a raffle to help defray the costs of tent rental, site rental, porta-potty rental…the list goes on.

We have been blessed in the past with generous coiners who helped sponsor our event by their donations of geocoins, which we offer in our raffle. We are NOT looking for cash donations, but for coins to offer in our raffle.

If you are able to help, please email and let us know.

We're looking forward to the ASPGB IV and we'd be glad to donate a few coins and we have a few other items as well for the raffle.

Is there a website for the event?

Why, yes there is as a matter of fact: <a href="http://www.aspgeobash.com" target="_blank">http://www.aspgeobash.com</a>

We have a few items set aside as well! :D

The link you are providing says the webpage is not available.

Well, I see that it is a bear this year and he/she is soooo cute. I just might be persuaded. Oh and I wouldn't want to break your heart. Do you promise better weather this year?

:D:D:D:D:D

Dang...it wasn't "better weather" the first year, was it???

Seriously...Mon@rch has said we wuz gonna have good weather this year. He called the 2nd year's weather - it was great.

:D

Will see what I can do for a donation.

Looking for just coins, or anything?

I hope it is nice that weekend. I will be there in a tent all weekend. Hate having a wet camp site. But if it does not be nice out, you will be able to spot my site easily, it will be the one with the HUGE tarp covering it...lol

I hope it is nice that weekend. I will be there in a tent all weekend. Hate having a wet camp site. But if it does not be nice out, you will be able to spot my site easily, it will be the one with the HUGE tarp covering it...lol

We will accept any caching-related donation - and that covers about anything!

Where are you camping?

Sparticus06,

If it's, wet out, just set that tent up in the back of a pick-up. There's gotta be one there somwhere. :laughing:

edited to add, sending email re; donations.

Edited by opalsns

Not to highjack the thread, but is it poor etiquette to donate a prize that was won at another event? Sort of regifting I know, but I won a beautiful walking stick at another event last year and I've never used it because I have a walking stick that isn't nearly as nice, but means alot to me with all it's nicks and scrapes. I'd like to donate the new stick if that's cool. What do y'all think?

If its the stick from Letchworth.....gorgeous! But I agree...I love my hiking stick and all the memories that go with it. Your stick will create a whole lot of great memories with someone else : )

Alison, if you think anyone would even want them, I am more than happy to donate a few gg coins, and whatever extras I may have : ) I LOVE the coin part of the show!!!!

If its the stick from Letchworth.....gorgeous! But I agree...I love my hiking stick and all the memories that go with it. Your stick will create a whole lot of great memories with someone else : )

Alison, if you think anyone would even want them, I am more than happy to donate a few gg coins, and whatever extras I may have : ) I LOVE the coin part of the show!!!!

<strangled noise>

Your coin is on my top shelf in my display case. "If anyone would even want them.."

Silly guinea. They are a wonderful coin.

You just like your fellow rodents is all : ) At any rate, I will have a few of those and some others if you like. Shall I mail them or just bring 'em with me?

You may do either; I know our sponsor / raffles committeeperson would love to have them in advance, but bringing them with you is good, too!

Nuffin' wrong with we rodent folk sticking together....!

Sparticus06,

If it's, wet out, just set that tent up in the back of a pick-up. There's gotta be one there somwhere. :(

Received an envelope in the mail today from you, in good shape!

Thank you and you will be added to our sponsors page. :)

Sparticus06,

If it's, wet out, just set that tent up in the back of a pick-up. There's gotta be one there somwhere. :(

Thank you and you will be added to our sponsors page. :)

HUH!?!??? Im lost....I dont remember send anything out to ya. Hmmmm

Sparticus06,

If it's, wet out, just set that tent up in the back of a pick-up. There's gotta be one there somwhere. :)

Thank you and you will be added to our sponsors page. :ph34r:

HUH!?!??? Im lost....I dont remember send anything out to ya. Hmmmm

Sorry, I was responding to opalsns' comment, I should have edited yours out.

For the folks who love coins (and bears!), here is our coin for this year! Hogwildstuff is our sponsor for our coin.

Many thanks to them!

The coin is currently only available for pick up at the event, so better pester friends of yours to get one or plan on attending. Lots of folks are "bookending" this event with GeoWoodstock.

Buster, our mascot, a wickedly unrepentant BearCub, has frightened a cacher away from one of the caches in Allegany State Park...evil child that he is!

1222b7be-f757-494c-b807-d3fd24c132fb.jpg

:)

The cache (and gps...dang, that cacher must have been in a hurry!) has been muggled!!

63a849fe-bf45-4a77-9863-112a2959747d.jpg

This coin is a trackable coin in a nickel finish, with a black glitter cub on the front. The back has a translucent enamel "pinewoods floor" and our event location coords just under the surface.

We have a committee version and a VERY limited (2 coins) fund-raiser version which we hope to get on ebay soon:

ffbb4da9-7e0b-4ec2-bdbf-b131944a1bc6.jpg

0e63a510-0ae4-46da-ab75-23e6d059c238.jpg

This is a gold finish with an extra glitter ammo can and the "golden gps" of the committee version.

Edited by ATMouse

For the folks who love coins (and bears!), here is our coin for this year! Hogwildstuff is our sponsor for our coin.

Many thanks to them!

The coin is currently only available for pick up at the event, so better pester friends of yours to get one or plan on attending. Lots of folks are "bookending" this event with GeoWoodstock.

Buster, our mascot, a wickedly unrepentant BearCub, has frightened a cacher away from one of the caches in Allegany State Park...evil child that he is!

:)

The cache (and gps...dang, that cacher must have been in a hurry!) has been muggled!!

This coin is a trackable coin in a nickel finish, with a black glitter cub on the front. The back has a translucent enamel "pinewoods floor" and our event location coords just under the surface.

We have a committee version and a VERY limited (2 coins) fund-raiser version which we hope to get on ebay soon:

This is a gold finish with an extra glitter ammo can and the "golden gps" of the committee version.

Ohhhh, that is very sweet.

Many thanks to them!

:rolleyes:

Ohhhh, that is very sweet.

OH MY. :):blink::blink::rolleyes: I ordered two. How do I get one of the committee bear coins?

Yes, I will post a link when the sale starts. :blink:

We are hoping to raise some needed cash for the event from the sale.

Any of you who have put on events knows that there are many expenses associated with hosting an event. We are no different with ours. Even with three previous experiences under our belts, this year has managed to surprise us with sudden fees and increased rates that were pretty much unannounced.

Our raffles have been one of our greatest helps in sustaining our budget. And as we all know, geocoins collect a great deal of attention - as raffle items, as give aways and as prizes.

We are always looking for sponsors!

Dang! I forgot to bring the walking stick with me to give to Beth. We're definately donating that and a couple of coins. Our Canoe Place geocoins are almost gone, we've been pretty stingy with what's left but it's for a great cause so count on one of our LE's as well.